Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

remember when...

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

a few months ago we were waiting for it to warm up so we could garden? I think it's warm enough now! Can someone turn down the heat please? LOl!PJ

Comments (19)

• carrie751
    17 years ago

And in just a few short months we will be needing this heat. LOL What a year - I just know it will rain on me one of these days. I hope we have a long and beautiful fall season so we can all recoup.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Just think Popsicles and floating in the pool.

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I'll just stay in my air conditioned house, car, stores & etc. I'm a wimp!
    Fall can't come soon enough.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I'm with Bev!!!! I think we have watched more movies lately than ever, lol

• wilo
    17 years ago

I've got seats in the shade for anyone not wanting to be IN the pool. Sorry, we'll have to fight over the two floaties. Last one in is a rotten egg!

This is one of the reasons my "garden" is mainly on the deck!

{{gwi:1312785}}

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Remember when.......we tried to warn you? (smile)

Just think about the wildfires back in California, and it might seem a little better. (At, least until they start up here, again.)

I just think about 4+ yrs to go, and think about those cooler mountains, waiting for my return. (grin)

• Bev__
    17 years ago

What a beautiful, refreshing pool, so clean. Is your pool elevated?
    Your flower pot's look great.

• wilo
    17 years ago

Thanks, Bev. It is elevated. There are rocks on one side, but I don't think that's just from nature. Maybe left over from building the house or something?

I've got most of my large pots on an irrigation system (with timer) so they are doing much better. Those are pansies around the base of my brugs. They are loving the regular watering and the regular feeding they are now getting.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick,You know being from the Mojave desert might have prepared me for this. My poor DH is from San Diego and this is so brutal on him! I've done my calculations. It's official now. 95 with humidity is the same as 115 dry heat. At least to humans it is. Plants HATE,HATE,HATE,dry,hot & windy weather. Even if it drops to the 70's every night.I'm using about 1/2 as much water with plants that aren't as drought tolerant. I kind of miss the mountains too. I do like having more lakes so it's a trade off!
    I'm crashing Carolann's pool tonight. I might just decide to be a mermaid until October! Whoo whoo! Someone seems to have turned the heat up! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well, PJ, at least you don't have any doubt what the weather will be for at least the next 7 weeks! (smile)

The weathermen get really bored this time of year!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick,True! They really can't tell when it's gonna rain either. They just keep guessing and guessing and only get it right 1/2 the time just by luck. At first I was irritated but then it got funny. PJ

• sienna_98
    17 years ago

It always seems to me that this time of year (at least here in Central Texas) they like to forecast 20% chance of rain about 5 days ahead. Of course, that 20% almost always disappears by the time you get to that day... Sigh.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Wilo, your pool is gorgeous and your potted plants look so good. So, do you have the drip system for all of your potted plants?

• wilo
    17 years ago

Jolana, I have the drip system for all the brugs, roses and other large containers. The plumerias seem to do fine with a lot less water and my small plants have to be hand watered, but it's a lot less work now. And with it being in the triple digits temperature-wise, I'm happy not to have to go out twice a day to water everything. And since I'll be going back to work July 31st, I was afraid I'd be too short on time to water every morning and everything would die.

Now I can sit in the pool and admire everything and not feel guilty!

Actually, it's very funny how you get a different angle on things while you are floating in the pool. I get great ideas for different arrangements or I see something that needs attention that I hadn't seen before. My version of meditation!!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

You go girl, way to put those creative juices to work, lol
    You've got a different *angle* alright, lol

Our old place had a pool and it made a huge difference.
    DH is missing it BIGTIME.

• wilo
    17 years ago

Did I say my version of meditation? Maybe I meant medication!!!

• beachplant
    17 years ago

One word: SNOW
    It may be hot but at least we don't spend most of the year shoveling snow and reading seed catalogs!
    Tally HO!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Hey! I think it's against the law to post pictures of your cool, refreshing pool on this website!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

HMMM, Wilo must be wife 1.0 hehehehe
    jolana

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!