Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
remember when...

Posted by pjtexgirl 7b (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 14:45

a few months ago we were waiting for it to warm up so we could garden? I think it's warm enough now! Can someone turn down the heat please? LOl!PJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: remember when...

And in just a few short months we will be needing this heat. LOL What a year - I just know it will rain on me one of these days. I hope we have a long and beautiful fall season so we can all recoup.

o

Just think Popsicles and floating in the pool.

o

• Posted by bev__ z7/8 TX (My Page) on
    Sat, Jul 15, 06 at 21:02

I'll just stay in my air conditioned house, car, stores & etc. I'm a wimp!
Fall can't come soon enough.

o

I'm with Bev!!!! I think we have watched more movies lately than ever, lol

o

• Posted by wilo Central Texas - 8 (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 0:02

I've got seats in the shade for anyone not wanting to be IN the pool. Sorry, we'll have to fight over the two floaties. Last one in is a rotten egg!

This is one of the reasons my "garden" is mainly on the deck!

o

Remember when.......we tried to warn you? (smile)

Just think about the wildfires back in California, and it might seem a little better. (At, least until they start up here, again.)

I just think about 4+ yrs to go, and think about those cooler mountains, waiting for my return. (grin)

o

• Posted by bev__ z7/8 TX (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 13:35

What a beautiful, refreshing pool, so clean. Is your pool elevated?
Your flower pot's look great.

o

Sun, Jul 16, 06 at 17:38

Thanks, Bev. It is elevated. There are rocks on one side, but I don't think that's just from nature. Maybe left over from building the house or something?

I've got most of my large pots on an irrigation system (with timer) so they are doing much better. Those are pansies around the base of my brugs. They are loving the regular watering and the regular feeding they are now getting.

o

Rick,You know being from the Mojave desert might have prepared me for this. My poor DH is from San Diego and this is so brutal on him! I've done my calculations. It's official now. 95 with humidity is the same as 115 dry heat. At least to humans it is. Plants HATE,HATE,HATE,dry,hot & windy weather. Even if it drops to the 70's every night.I'm using about 1/2 as much water with plants that aren't as drought tolerant. I kind of miss the mountains too. I do like having more lakes so it's a trade off!
I'm crashing Carolann's pool tonight. I might just decide to be a mermaid until October! Whoo whoo! Someone seems to have turned the heat up! PJ

o

Well, PJ, at least you don't have any doubt what the weather will be for at least the next 7 weeks! (smile)

The weathermen get really bored this time of year!

o

Rick,True! They really can't tell when it's gonna rain either. They just keep guessing and guessing and only get it right 1/2 the time just by luck. At first I was irritated but then it got funny. PJ

o

It always seems to me that this time of year (at least here in Central Texas) they like to forecast 20% chance of rain about 5 days ahead. Of course, that 20% almost always disappears by the time you get to that day... Sigh.

o

Wilo, your pool is gorgeous and your potted plants look so good. So, do you have the drip system for all of your potted plants?

o

Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 12:07

Jolana, I have the drip system for all the brugs, roses and other large containers. The plumerias seem to do fine with a lot less water and my small plants have to be hand watered, but it's a lot less work now. And with it being in the triple digits temperature-wise, I'm happy not to have to go out twice a day to water everything. And since I'll be going back to work July 31st, I was afraid I'd be too short on time to water every morning and everything would die.

Now I can sit in the pool and admire everything and not feel guilty!

Actually, it's very funny how you get a different angle on things while you are floating in the pool. I get great ideas for different arrangements or I see something that needs attention that I hadn't seen before. My version of meditation!!!

o

You go girl, way to put those creative juices to work, lol
You've got a different *angle* alright, lol

Our old place had a pool and it made a huge difference.
DH is missing it BIGTIME.

o

Tue, Jul 18, 06 at 13:55

Did I say my version of meditation? Maybe I meant medication!!!

o

One word: SNOW
It may be hot but at least we don't spend most of the year shoveling snow and reading seed catalogs!
Tally HO!

o

Hey! I think it's against the law to post pictures of your cool, refreshing pool on this website!

o

HMMM, Wilo must be wife 1.0 hehehehe
jolana

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here