Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Sincere Thanks from my Heart

Dena Walters
16 years ago

Just wanted to let everyone know how much I needed and appreciated all the thoughts and prayers thru the months that my DFIL was admitted into the Alzheimers clinic. He went into Hospice on June 27th and passed away July 5th. This was also my DMIL's birthday, so not a very happy birthday to say the least.

My Mom (DMIL) is doing pretty good. I know she will now mourn not only for Pop but for her son she lost just last year in March.

I can tell you that your thoughts and prayers have padded the way thru this long journey and helped so much. Kathy, special thanks to you for your support and emails thru all of this, you helped more than you will ever know.

We will dry our tears and continue to plan for our DD's wedding that will happen Aug 18th...

I just wanted all of you to know how special you are and how lucky I am.

Dena

Comments (6)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

(((Dena))) bless your heart, my condolences and I am so happy you were able to talk to Kathy about it, since she has been through this, I am sure she was a tremendous help
    There has to be a mourning period but try not to let your MIL dwell on his passing and stay in the present and look forward to the future
    My prayers will still be with y'all

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

(((Dena))) I can pray for you all. PJ

• scuba-gal
    16 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss Dena. You are still in my prayers since your original post.
    much love!
    Angie

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Bless you, Dena, we are still here for you.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    16 years ago

carrie, I have to say first...Ohh my Thank YOU!.and I really do know you 'all' are still with us!..I feel it..Mom feels it....I've told her about all of ya'll!
    jolana....somehow I knew you would 'know' and understand.......THANK YOU!!!
    PJ..you are an Inspiration!!..Thank You...
    Angie..you remember my original post?...Wow...What else can I say except Thank you..and those 2 words seem so small yet mean sooo soooo much..."I REMEMBER"....with all of ya'll's prayers..WE ARE doing our best to Make It!!
    I have to tell a story...when Misty (my DD) was in High School..she was really my difficult child..we (DH and me) did go thru alot....
    But she turned her life around..and went thru Cosmetology school in one year...........
    SHE AND I HAD PLANS..to go to Austin for her tests..and have fun..just SHE AND I...Mom and Daughter.....
    Tony was in the Hosp....critical..in ICU..NOT expected to live..........
    My bestest friend in the world..took her to Austin for her final exam.....................I am sooo sad..she got lost again........no party....no nothing..yet she did the BIGGEST accomplishment in the world..and I WAS NOT there.....
    She understood..she said...but later she said .. she was so hurt....sigh....
    Life throws us curves..and IF I didn't have all of ya'll as an outlet..........I would just really want to .. just give up........
    It's so fricken hard ....
    And NOW I REFUSE to put my baby girl (DD) "MISTY" on the back burner 'AGAIN'....
    Its hard but the wedding planning is going OK.....I want so much for her...........and my GS!
    Alll I can say is "WE" ..My DH, my DML could never have gotten this far without all of ya'lls prayers!!!
    I'm a bit lost lately...but I figure that will change eventually...one day..
    I think I am rambling.........Im sorry!
    My heart is ... THANK YOU ALLL!!!
    My heart is...
    WE could not have made it thru..........ALL OF THIS without all of you!!
    How can I say Thank you for all of this..'THANK YOU; seems so ..............empty........
    So all I can say is.. my Heart..and my Tears...and my Ache..is ...blessed because of all of you!
    Dena

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Dena, my heart goes out to you and your DMIL and your daughter. Congratulations to her for turning her life around and for getting through school so successfully! Way to go, Misty!

Losing a loved one is always hard. Losing one that you've been the primary caretaker comes with some mixed emotions. When my mother passed away, I had spent over a year taking care of her in one way or another, being in charge of decisions for day care giver, and getting her to the doctors, etc. Eventually I moved in with her, which was a sacrifice not only by me but by DH and DD. When Mom finally passed away, it actually felt odd to go home and sleep in my own bed. It took me a long time to get used to not taking care of her. It felt good to get to sleep through the night, and actually sleep in, but I felt guilty about that, too. I actually missed the caregiving activities, but at the same time I was relieved not to have to do them any more. All this bundled up with the grief of loosing my mother. So, I'm telling you all this because you and your DMIL may experience similar mixed emotions.

Take care, Dena.

Sally