Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kriskat30

Birthday this week, party in October

Kriskat30
17 years ago

Since my parents insisted on procreating in January, my 40th birthday is Saturday and my DH and BF want to throw me a big party...but July is just too dang hot for any fun, so we're sending out postcards to the guest to save the date in October for the fun day. I decided to have a 40's theme party since I am turning 40...doesn't that sound fun? Round party tables with posters of Casablanca, Citizen Kane, It's a Wonderful Life...etc, Big band music with a dance floor, white twinkle lights, gobs of great appetizers...it has big possibilities. I thought about putting Rosie the Riviter on the invitations..

Anybody else got any 40's inspired ideas we can incorporate?

Comments (12)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I sure hope BF is best friend and not boy friend. That would be a very "interesting" party.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

OOOO what fun, better take pics
    Here's a place where you can get some ideas and then make some yourself on the cheap, lol
    If it's going to be in October, plenty of time.

Here is a link that might be useful: hollywood

• Kriskat30
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lol, natvtxn...most definetly Best Friend of the she type!

Jolana, that looks like a great site, thanks!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Kriskat, I am glad you thought that was funny. After what has been going on on the "poll" thread, I was "skeerd" I might offend you.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

You have offended me, I complimented your pretty tootsies in the gallery and you never said anything, sniff sniff

Kriskat, you're welcome, you're going to have such a good time and how cool your Hubby and boyfriend want to do this for you, lol

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Happy (almost) birthday! You gonna turn into a swing kitten and dance all night?

• Kriskat30
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ROFL, Jolana...maybe they could buy me a mulch boy too! BTW, my best friend's name is Jamie...could also add to the confusion, lol.

Kathy, it takes a LOT to offend me, BTW, how are you feeling and are you able to eat better?

• Kriskat30
    Original Author
    17 years ago

DH and I took swing classes several years ago...we might even be able to remember a few moves!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

What a fun idea. Maybe you could make it a costume party since it's in October.

I must've missed the picture of Kathy's tootsies.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Gave up birthdays. They remind me how old I am.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Y'know I was thinking the same thing just last night!!! How scary is that? My DH's birthday AND our anniversary are in freakin' JULY!!! I was thinking about just holding the whole thing on my birthday (last day of September) but that seemed selfish!
    The 40's were just too cool. The clothes,music,and cars too! Good choice. You'll have to find something wonderfully 40's to wear!PJ

• ThePartyPlanner
    12 years ago

Zurchers has awesome Lifesize Standups that are a hit at any party!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lifesize Standups