Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
watermelons

Posted by pabs100 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 24, 11 at 18:05

i finally grew some black diamonds and i am still learning how to pick right. i grew one that was 55 lbs.picked it when curley was brown and bottom was dk. yellow. we cut into it and it looked like part of it was over ripe or something was wrong with it. i took picturs of it but dont know if i can put them on here. maybe someone who is pretty good with them could write me and i can send the pictures. i am still trying to learn all i can.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: watermelons

Hi Pabs! A lot of posters on these forums use a photo storing site like photobucket.com to post pictures.

Create an account (it's free) upload your photos (don't forget to 'save') click on the HTML code that will appear under the photo as you hover the mouse over it, and it automatically copies. There will be several codes under the photo and the HTML code is the third one down. The code is a link to your photo.

Paste the code into the message box and voila -- the picture has magically appeared in the body of your post when you preview your message. If you want to post several pictures just copy the HTML code of each picture into the message box.

Reduce the size of your photos somewhat before uploading them to Photobucket or they will be very large which is okay except that people will have to scroll to see the whole picture. I usually resize to 750 pixel width. Or you can resize them once they are on Photobucket.

I'm certainly no expert, but I learned to post pictures with the help of some forum members. If you have any questions one of us on here that posts pictures will help you. We want to see the pictures of your watermelons!

o
RE: watermelons

i think it was just over ripe. thanks for info on
how to put the pictures on site.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here