Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

Attention manly men of GW!

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

Have I got some fashion tips for you! Remember the leotards from the 80's? Flash Dance the movie? They are being re-introduced to the male population of the 2006! Do you have any left over pairs that were lost at the back of a closet? A nearby thrift shop with some in stock? You too can be a fashion tycoon! PJ

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (41)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

OMG, That's too funny but I sure don't care to see men walking around in tight's YUCK LOL.
    Didn't David Bowie wear tight's?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Pj, you need to warn somebody before they click on that picture. lol

This is a good candidate for the show "What Not To Wear".

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Warnings would take out all the fun! LOL!That lil getup is(I swear,cross my heart hopetodie) is Calvin Klein's 2006 spring collection! I take a peek at high fashion on the Paris runways for a laugh once in a while. It's so hilarious. The women were wearing old curtains (???) LOL! PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

That guy looks like he's thinking "Shoot me, PLEASE"

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Women wearing old curtains, eh? --- maybe they are just now seeing GONE WITH THE WIND. It worked for Scarlett. LOL

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

hehehe, or maybe he's pouting because he wanted another color, lol
    Carol Burnett wore the best curtain outfit I've ever seen, lol

• little_dani
    17 years ago

I can just see DH when I bring home a pair of tights for him to wear! He wouldn't be caught dead hanging around that fella, much less donning a pair his-self!

I think that guy is having a problem with them riding up on him. That is why he has that look on his face.

I wonder how they psych themselves up to go out in public wearing those get-ups! LOL

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

Here's what he needs to wear "underneath":

Here is a link that might be useful: Manties!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

BWAHAHAHAHA, I'm not even going to ask how you found those, hehehehe

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Oh
    My
    Gosh!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAA! (bleeep!) That's so out there! My DH was horrified! PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Now I've seen everything.

Can you picture a big construction worker in a pair of these? lol

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

LMBO, I do believe my DH would have me committed if I brought home a pair of Manties for him.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I was at Dillards one time walking through the men's section where there was an underwear display complete with undies made out of shiny gold fabric, and various other fancy undies for men. There were 2 men shopping together seriously looking at the underwear, looking like they really wanted it. I couldn't believe, first of all, that Dillards would have that display right by the main walkway, and secondly, that any man, no matter what their preferences, would stand there shopping for them so comfortably. These men didn't even seem embarrased. I'm quite open minded but even that had me picking my jaw up off the floor.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, Sally, you are open minded, this is just so out there, lol
    Although centuries ago men wore laced articles of clothing, lol
    I have seen so may entertainers in tight spandex so it was funny to see being hawked to all men but the MANTIES, I couldn't get used to that and it would bee worse for DH's ago because I would constantly be laughing at him, lol

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

THAT should have come with a warning. ewwww!

My DH saw the pictures, then belted out the theme song from 'Robin Hood, Men In Tights'!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Did anyone notice the guys of GW haven't touched this thread? LOL! PJ

• petra_gw
    17 years ago

They're probably busy ordering manties!!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Yes, PJ I have LMBO HAHAHAHAHA. They know better then to go there with us ladies.

• little_dani
    17 years ago

Well, I showed them to DH.

He saw the first pair and said "I ain't wearing those". End of discussion.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Come on guys, tell us what color and style you picked, hehehehe

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

The runway shows are fun, but most of what is shown only sells to the wealthy, Hollywood types, who have nothing better to do, than turn heads. (grin)

Versache was one of my favorites for runway attire.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I looked up Versache and nary a leotard or frilly underwear! It looked mostly like modified grunge. Seattle here we come! Were you there taking pictures?(You're a photographer right? Or am I getting senile again?) PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Those manties would sure turn a few heads. lol

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Nooo Nooo...the Manties could not be worn under the tights...they'd show the ruffles...LOLOLOL!!!!
    Ohhh myyyy....if ONLY it had been in a different color????...rofl....
    **closes eyes and imagines DH in those**.....ROFL ROFL ROFL....HICCUP...ROFL!!!!
    Ohhhh myyyy that is just too crazy...and them manties???..rofl ROFL ROFLLLLL......*HICCUP*...ROFLROFL....
    Wow...whew...made my nite!!!
    LOLOLOLOOL...sorry....LOL
    Dena

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Nope, PJ....I stopped shooting fashion. Got too old for all that, especially in Texas heat. I put in my share of time dealing with the frenzy, though.

The styles now, are not much to talk about, but at one time, Versache was really high fashion stuff. After his murder in Miami, it was never the same, although his sister tried hard.

Haven't seen anything in the past couple of years, in fashion, worth noting.

Most fashion photography has gone downhill also.....a victim of the digital revolution, where anyone good with a computer, thinks they can be a photographer. (Not that much different from when anyone with a decent 35 mm camera.....as opposed to a Kodak Brownie.....thought they could be a pro photographer.

These days, I often cringe, when I pass a fashion billboard....the work is so bad. (Especially "The Gap".)

There are a lot of "guys with cameras", but only a few good photographers.

Most of the photogs out there today, don't even know how to make a garment look good.

These days I "shoot" for a college, and go home at the end of the day, to a little peace and tranquility. When your days get numbered, you need to step back and enjoy as much of life as you can.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

The only magazine ad I recall admiring in the past couple of years was of a model wearing an elegant black gown, a Doberman and a Christofle champagne bucket! The work was simply beautiful.

• barefootin
    17 years ago

Yuck! Those 'tards would bring out the 'chicken legs' on any man! Ewwwwww and I refuse to let my DH wear prettier panties than me! LOL Boy oh Boy..almost spit coffee on my keyboard..lol

Sherrie

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I would like to be able to take great pics or paint. That way you'd never run out of nice pictures to put up in your house. They'd be neat,have sentimental value, and you'd have plenty of them. PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Do the painting......photos fade, unless they are archival B&W silver images.

Almost all the art in my home now, is in oil paintings. (Mostly Asian knockoffs of famous works.....which is what I can barely afford.)

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL! I hear that! I only have fairly decent acrylics!No Old Master knock-offs they're still too expensive! LOL! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Have a couple of Kincaid knockoffs, one of which I like better than the original, with the minor changes that were made.

The originals are called Meadowwood Cottage and Mountain Chapel. One is 48x60 and the other is 30x40 oil on canvas.

Do have a couple of prints also, from G. Harvey. One is called Teton Valley, and I still haven't indentified the title on the other.....it is seldom seen, and has been sold out. One day, I may have to remove the back cover on the frame, and find out what it is called.

The rest.....who knows? We don't have any space left for anything larger than a 5x7. (smile)

• beachplant
    17 years ago

How did I miss this?? We all agree the manpanties look remarkably like our grandmothers underwear, except for the bows. On the plus side, I guess, if you run out of clean drawers you can wear his!
    My brother is a construction worker, somehow I just can't picture him in these or the tights for that matter.
    I couldn't get my DH into tights for the ren faire, don't even want to suggest manpanties!
    What a hoot! So who ordered the bows and roses???
    TallyHO!

• kateyes
    17 years ago

I just saw this thread and I can't stop laughing!! What is this world coming to???? Oh my gosh! Manties???? Could you imagine a first time, um, "date" with someone, and that's what he was wearing???? How horrifying would that be??? eeewwwww!!!!
    I'm going to send this link to DH's work e-mail..LOL...I hope he's alone in his office when he opens it....or not!ROTFLMBO!!!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Kateyes, you have a really funny mean streak! LOL!PJ

• kateyes
    17 years ago

PJ - that's what my DH tells me!! LOL
    BTW, he was grossed out by the "manties", and threatened divorce if any showed up by surprise...especially at Christmas in front of everyone! (he read my mind!) hahahahaha I'm lucky he has a great sense of humor,,,but I don't think it would stretch that far.... :-)
    Hey....my son (he's 32) would be a good "target".....ROTFLMBO at that idea, imagining the look on his face!!! hahahahahahaha Oooh...I'm such a li'l stinker!!

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Go weed or water or go plant somethin'. You ladies have tooooo much time on your hands!

• zitro_joe
    17 years ago

I think I am going to be sick.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wha??? I took the time just for y'all!
    Quick! Someone grab a trash can for zitro! LOL!
    Kateyes we want pics of your next Christmas party! You gotta promise! PJ

• kateyes
    17 years ago

My DS's birthday is in August,,,I can't wait for Christmas! I'll send ya' some pics of the horror on his face, and the rest of us ROTHFLOBO!!! HeeHee!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

LOL! PJ