Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scuba_gal

Again?

scuba-gal
16 years ago

IT is starting to rain again here - for the 3rd time - TODAY!!!

~Angie~

Comments (9)

• denisew
    16 years ago

I know why you took that picture - you just wanted to show off your pretty backyard. hee-hee ;-)

I like your center flowerbed with the feeder and the martin house. - especially with the yellow. It is a nice accent to the o ther colors in your garden.

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

We got the same here and I heard we're in for 70% chance of rain tomorrow and rain everyday for another week at least. I need to mow the lawn.

To think last year we were so tired or the hot dry days not wish for the rain to give us a little break. This is truly rare for Texas.

• remuda1
    16 years ago

I'm bored to death with this rain! I must have gone out 4 times the day before yesterday when the sun was shining to do some pruning, deadheading, etc. (planting is dang sure out of the question!), only to be chased back into the house by the next wave of showers/storms. I did manage to get the garden paths and the paths out to the horse pastures mowed yesterday, but the backyard was out of the question with too much shade to dry out enough.

I'm throwing caution to the wind tomorrow and heading out to Clark Gardens in Weatherford. I'll take the big umbrella, but it's gonna take a monsoon to keep me in the house one more day!

Kristi

• scuba-gal
    Original Author
    16 years ago

denisew = hehe, I wasn't really even focusing on the yard, just didn't zooom in so I could cover as much of the sky as possible - but did turn out to be a pretty good shot of the yard (hehe). Thanks for your kinds words...my hubby made me the bird house and I made the feeder stand..I love yellow and the lady at my wild bird store claims birds like it too...so it all works for me :o) very little excuse needed for me to paint something yellow !

mikeandbarb: it poured here for a good while...I know we haven't had any 100 degree days, but I'm begining to think I might live in London!

~Angie~

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Are we in Seattle after all???? LOL! That is a very pretty garden and I wish I had a cistern to store all this plant/pond friendly water!!!PJ

• vjcamp
    16 years ago

With all of this rain I guess Scuba-Gal is a very appropriate name

• carrie751
    16 years ago

PJ, Patrick is having Texas weather in Seattle. They now are getting excited about having a shower or two --- strange weather patterns !!!!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I heard that Carrie! I read that because of some strange weather thing we got Los Angeles' and Seattle's water! Los Angeles has only had an inch of rain since last July. The wild fires are gonna be real bad this season. Maybe we can dig a really, really long ditch and run some water to poor Patrick! All those gorgeous flowers he has!!! He must just be fit to be tied by now. PJ

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

We have now had 40 days of rain.......hmmm.