Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

Wild hair girls!

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

This is actually a picture of Jac,Carolann and Jolana cruisin for some action disguised as rabbits.It's Carolann at the wheel trying not to run over any more chairs(off to the right you'll see the one she hit going by the flower bed the other way) Jolana is looking around for that "really fabulous flower" she swears she saw when she distracted Carolann before the "chair incident".

That's Jac scrunched down in the back horrified by the bad driving and the possibility they'll get pulled over by someone she knows. I am stalling on doing housework. Can you tell? LOL.PJ

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:1313039}}

Comments (45)

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Before I read all you wrote, I figured you were really really bored.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA, PJ, I needed that, you made my day.

Those bunnies are adorable and that car is too cute.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I had to post that picture! It makes me laugh every time I look at it! I was actually looking for Halloween costumes(housework is boring!)a bit early and just happened to see it by accident.PJ

• wilo
    17 years ago

What kind of Halloween costumes? I love Halloween. I have quite a few patterns.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Very fun, PJ.

I have been told, that I don't need a Halloween costume. (grin)

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wilo,Sewing is the reason I'm starting NOW. See, my wonderful DH bought me a machine but I've only used it a couple of times. If I start now I might make it in time for Halloween. I can only follow patterns that say "brain dead" on them.
    Rick, you are starting to sound like my MIL. She is very pretty BTW but hearing her describe her looks you'd think she belonged in the circus! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well, I have been told I resemble an aged Howdy Doody! (grin)

• wilo
    17 years ago

PJ, where are you located? Maybe I can help. I've been sewing since I was a wee lass.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm in North Central Texas. Is that far by Texas standards? We could always meet up at Carolann's Fall Swap meet...if it's before Halloween!
    Howdy doody was cute! LOL!PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Yeah, but he still had his hair!

• wilo
    17 years ago

Well, I'm Central Texas, so North Central couldn't be THAT far, right?

Let me know what help you need (after you decide on a costume) and I'll see what I can do to help you out. I love Halloween costumes. Came in handy when I was helping out at the community theater. They couldn't believe all the stuff I could come up with. LOL

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

PJ, that is to cute and funny

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I can't even figure out how to get my sewing machine to work! We got it when my mother passed away. It's a singer from the 50's, and is supposed to run when you push the pedal, but there doesn't seem to be anywhere on the blasted machine to plug the pedal into. If I ever figure that part out, then I have to reach back into the dark ages of my ancient memory, and try to remember how to thread it!

Can you tell I flunked the sewing part of Home Ec? The thought of making a Halloween costume is daunting. I'm glad it's you, PJ, and not me. I would like to make some simple curtains for my kitchen, but no telling when I'll ever get around to it, especially since it looks like I'll be sewing them by hand. LOL

Oh, yeah, cute picture! And story. Talk about sewing rattled me so much I forgot about the original post. ;-)

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

You know we could do this even if we don't live close and the shipping would still be cheaper thsn buying already made.
    Pj could send Wilo pattern and material or money to buy and Sally could send me material and I could do the curtains.
    Couldn't we?
    Pj, please tell me I found the fabulous plant and CarolAnn didn't beat me to it, lol

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sorry Jolana, Jac got "all het up" and winged out of the car all James Bond like and snatched it at the last minute. She's promised to make starts for both of you tho.LOl! (I'm so weird some days!)
    Rick,A bald howdy doody....I'm having trouble here. You're a photographer! Post a picture of yourself! I already have twice.Neither was done by a pro and you can tell!(Harsh overhead lighting anyone?)It's gotta be recent too!
    Sally, I hear your pain. They booted me outta home ec and put me in wood shop. I did fairly mediocre in wood shop(I now regret not paying more attention) but it was still better than sewing my fingers together!
    I'M GOING TO SEW THIS DARN THING! I HAVE THE MACHINE DARN IT! IF IT FALLS OFF THE KIDS THEY WONT CARE. THEY'LL BE "HIGH" ON CANDY AND NIETHER HAVE ANY SELF CONSCIOUSNESS EITHER!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! My fingers are begging me to change my mind. It's unlikely I'll sew my eyelids or anything else too exciting. Good thing I'm not a guy. (That was naughty!)lol.pJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

The easiest costume I ever made was when Billy wanted to be a Mummy, ripped white sheets in strips and tea dyed them, LOL except for the last bit( he wanted it thicker) I ran out of tea and had to use Mex. vanilla, lol he was the sweetest smelling mummy in the universe, LOL

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jolana you are sooo funny!PJ

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Love the bunny's!!!!!!
    I sew when I have too. I'm not very good, especially at following a pattern. I do better on curtains and patterns I can make up. Others say the costumes & curtains I've made are great, but I know where all the mistakes are, so I know they're not so great!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Rick, I keep trying to picture Howdy Doody, but for some reason, all I bring up in my mental photo gallery is that character on the cover of Mad Magazine, what's-his-name. Somehow, I don't think that's who you look like, either. LOL

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe Sally
    Here's Rick
    {{gwi:1313042}}

Here's Alfred E. Newman
    {{gwi:1313045}}
    I think they were brothers Alfred was just too cool to hang with a cowboy, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I just got back from Vegas and you guys are nuttier than ever. It's good to be back with my nutty bunch.

Pj, what a cute picture. Thanks for letting me drive.
    I guess they didn't know I drove like that.

Jac, Jolana....hang on!!!!

Maybe we should make the fall plant swap a costume party.

Sally, I was horrible at sewing in school. I remember making a pant suit in High School and we had to model what we made in front of the sewing classes. I had the goofiest pant suit and thought I could never return to school after that show.

"It's Howdy Doody time....it's Howdy Doody time"...

what was the rest of the song?

wilo, I really envy your ability to sew.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

No wonder I kept picturing Alfred E. Newman! And why couldn't I remember his name? No, don't answer that. I'm NOT getting old!

Wilo, I envy your ability to sew, too.

Sally

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Once my sister and I were in a craft store. I walked around the isle and a little boy said "Hi". I replyed and walked back around and told my sister to got around and look at the little boy. I did not tell her he looked just like Alfred E. Newman. When she came back around she hissed, " I am going to kill you"!! I am always setting her up like that.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, Kathy, I wish we had grown up sisters. I bet it was never dull, lol

Here Carol, all it took was an email to a cousin, lol

Say kids, what time is it?

It's Howdy Doody Time!

It's Howdy Doody Time.
    It's Howdy Doody Time.
    Bob Smith and Howdy Do
    Say Howdy Do to you.
    Let's give a rousing cheer,
    Cause Howdy Doody's here,
    It's time to start the show,
    So kids let's go!

Could it have been any cornier??? LOL

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

NO! EEEkkk! That show was as scary as Barney! PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, I knew you'd remember Howdy Doody.

Wasn't he your first boyfriend? hehehe

What a hunk!!!!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, actually he was my second, hehehehe
    Mister Greenjeans was my first, lol

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I am so like totally grossing out here! Gag me with a spoon!PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

PJ, get out of the valley, lol

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

Ok Rick..gotta fuss at ya. I do not understand why bald men think that's such a bad thing? Sean Connery, Gerald McRaney, Yul Brenner....three of the sexiest men who ever walked the face of this planet! Hair does not make the man. The man makes the man. Remember that!

Man I love men..I can't help it! lol Old young tall short makes no difference to me. I just love them all.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

mrsbox, you and Jolana need to go cruising for guys.
    She likes Howdy Doody and Mr Greenjeans and you like them all.
    You should have fun together. lol

Guess I can't go. I'm more into the Johnny Depp type.
    DARN!!!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Ok so the Valley thing was nauseating! I confess!
    Who's going to date Kaptain Kangaroo? LOL!PJ

• MrsBox77
    17 years ago

Hey!! Johnny Depp can eat crackers in my bed anytime!! Of course, DH would probably have a fit!! lol

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Does this mean I can have Sam Elliot all to myself?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Ok everyone, you heard Jac. She has dibbs on Sam Elliot!

Hands off Jolana and Mrs. Box.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, I just want to be blindfolded and Sam Elliot talk to me, lol I can imagine the rest, lol

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I want Pierce Brosnan. I've had a crush on him since I was 10 and he was playing Remington Steel. I also had the hots for Baryshnikov. Too bad I was too big and clumsy to dance! However, I'm sticking with Pierce. I'm 3 inches taller than Bariysnikov.PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I miss this thread for a few days and look what happens - you girls are fantasizing again! Hey Mrs. Box, when your DH kicks Johnny out, just send him my way. Of course, My dh whould probably object, too.

Sally

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Okay Sally, when your Hubby objects...send him my way, lol
    I don't think mine would notice, lol

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Gee..... Jaq if you insist on hogging Sam Elliot, I'll just settle for Tom Selleck!
    Carol...you'll be cradle robbing with Johnny Depp
    Pj, my oldest daughter who is 37 has the hots for "Pierce", she even named her son after him!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Hey,rocking the cradle wouldn't bother me.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bev, your daughter is a bigger fan than me! Didn't name my kids after the gorgeous Pierce.
    Hey! What's wrong with robbing the cradle? (My DH is 7 yrs younger.)Show em how it's done Carolann! LOL!
    You know who else is hotter H*ll in July? John Cusack.I've had the hots for him since high school.I have a feeling I think he's hot because he's from my "generation" and he's a really good kickboxer.PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I know someone on here who has the hots for Craig Ferguson(sp?).

You know...The Late Late Show.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, he just gets hotter and hotter, I didn't mention him so as not to draw atention to him, hehehehe Hands off of him, I'll share anything else, lol
    I love his sense of humor

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I don't watch much TV but from what I've seen on the web he looks really funny! He's dating Sharon Stone but you could turn his head!
    Vince Vaughn is a cute comedian too. I have a thing for very tall guys. Pierce is the shortest at only 6'1".
    Cusack is 6'3" and Vince is a whopping 6'5". I know there are even taller guys but I like em under 7ft! PJ