Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
new_in_texas

Hi, nice to meet you

new_in_texas
16 years ago

I know it's been done but

Hi, I'm Carrie in San Angelo

Now you know who asks all those basic questions.

And I think my zipper is a little undone, lol!

Comments (44)

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

Hi, Carrie!

(waving waving waving)

Great to "meet" you!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

Hi Carrie, nice to meet ya! Where were you that they have a pond large enough for those Victoria Lilies?

Pam

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

Yes, it is nice to orthern San Antonio.

{{gwi:1313253}}

• new_in_texas
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Pam, that's at our Civic League Park, I've linked it below. Thanks for letting me know what they are, hubs & I think they're cool but I could've sworn they were bigger last year.

p.s. I started this thread because of the bees, bees one in the gallery, hopefully some of you won't be too shy to put up pics of yourself here, I like knowing who makes us chuckle/helps us/who finally used roundup.

Here is a link that might be useful: water lily gardens in San Angelo

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Welcome! I like your picture! PJ

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

Welcome! Great pic. Looks like a fun place to visit.

Sally

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Hi Carrie, nice to meet you. Great pics.

Here's one of me a couple of months ago standing in front of a hot house I really wish I had. This was on our road trip with Jolana and PJ. That's why my mouth is open. probably saying. "Can we get this in the car"?

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Hi Carrie

This is a pic of Carolann, me and the *other Carrie* LOL
    I wanted to make sure it was okay to post it.
    This was taken at her beautiful place

Love your pic

{{gwi:1313255}}

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Hello, Carrie. I'm Jim in Alvin.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

This is so much fun ---- hi, Jim, glad to meet you!!!!!

• justintx
    16 years ago

Hey, Carrie,
    I'm J.D.

• zitro_joe
    16 years ago

Carrie!

Zitro, that's what people actually call me. I live down the block

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Carol, can you post my pic pretty please!!! I like the one with me and Jolana sitting on the cement bench at the first nursery we visited near her place! TIA I owe ya! PJ

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

PJ, is this the one you wanted?
    Jim

{{gwi:1313260}}

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    16 years ago

Ya'll are all just such cute, gorgeous, clever, handsome, and beautiful people and all look just like I thought you would -- NICE :-))))) But it gives me a warm feeling to really see your faces ...

• denisew
    16 years ago

Zitro_Joe - Is that picture taken in Big Bend? Sure is nice scenery there in the background.

• zitro_joe
    16 years ago

Denise,

It was taken at Sandia Peak in Albuquerque, NM. I spent 12 days there, I will post some pics in a another thread.

Z_Joe

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Thanks bossjim! I'm still gathering up my courage to learn to size pics so I can post them less than poster sized! LOL!
    My guess on Zitros pic was Flaggstaff,AZ. Darn! Both are just beautiful country. I have never been in the mountains of NM.
    What a handsome group we are aren't we Rosalee! LOL! PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Carrie, Jolana and Alison at Carol Ann's swap in April.

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

Hi, I'm Heather and I have been moving all around Texas: Houston, Waco, DFW and I will be in San Antonio next year for grad school.

http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o274/Jirotrom/?action=view&current=grad4.jpg

Heather

Here is a link that might be useful:

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

Lets see if i can post it this way,

Heather

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

Ooops missed a space. 3rd time is the charm

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

It looks like you got a botany degree! LOL! Congrats! PJ

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

pjtexgirl-

Actually, my degrees are in Social Work and Economics with Interpreting on the side (ASL). I didn't discover that I REALLY loved gardening until the last semester before graduation. Haha

That picture was taken in Boerne, Texas by the creek (right next to my parents ranch). I am headed back down there in two weeks and I plan on stopping by that spot to see if I can seed snatch any Firemans cap pods for my mom (the red ones in the photo). Does that meam I am going to commit a premeditated crime? :)

Heather

• zitro_joe
    16 years ago

J.D. can tell you stories about premeditated plant crimes...

• justintx
    16 years ago

joe
    At least it looks like Heather can run.
    Heather - just for future reference, it's very difficult to run with a 30 gal root balled bald cypress through swamp - just for reference.
    ; - )
    J.D.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

That is good info for her to know, JD !!!!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Depends on what's in the water...I'll bet a person could get some momentum with fear.... just a thought. PJ

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

Haha...I did march with a sousaphone for 5 years (and played the tuba for 8); even though i've been swimming for 20 years the swan and turtles are pretty scary. Thankfully seeds are small enough to fit in your hand.

Heather

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

P.S-
    J.D. Would you care to elaborate?

Heather

• justintx
    16 years ago

Ok everybody, she asked.....

During a golfing weekend in Louisiana, on the TX border I 'gathered' a few specimen last April. Now, keep in mind that I play golf about twice a year - my game is NOT good, but it does afford me plenty of opportunity in the rough to look for balls - and diverse flora. My bag has a putter and a 4 iron - all of the rest are fake. I cut the heads off and glued them into a hinged door so I can flip the top back exposing potting soil, 4" pots, rooting hormone, and a small amount of water in the bottom of the bag.

I was having an exceptionally fine game (translation: I had gathered many interesting cuttings) at this 'hoity toity' golf resort when the grounds keeper finally was on to me. (I was a little too bold on the 18th next to the club house) Almost had the entire bottlebrush in the bag when he hollered. Throwing the bag in the cart I took off, but the B&B bald cypress kept hanging on low limbs and stuff. I was almost home free when I tripped him up with my putter (I've still got an arm), but his cousin (the sheriff) was at the entrance to the club.

Lessons Learned:
    1) bib overalls are a dead give away as golfing attire
    2) electric golf carts don't have any guts (demand gas/4wheel drive)
    3) 15' bald cypress are difficult to strap into a golf cart
    4) Boudreaux and Thibodeaux don't like Texans in their parish jail
    5) Jim will just laugh and ask, 'how you coming on those beds?'
    6) Carrie and mel will bail you out if you till 2 1/2 acres for them (manure included)

And that's the whole truth.

J.D.

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

JD. My face hurts from laughing so hard.

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Oh Heather, you had to ask, didn't you?
    Jim

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Yeah, Heather, aren't you glad you asked?????

• headeranderson
    16 years ago

Yeah, I needed a good laugh just after my finals. My roommate got a good laugh as well (at me) just after I read your post.

You see, I sit on an exercise ball when I am on my desktop PC instead of a regular chair. Unfortunately, when you are laughing so hard that your face/stomach hurt(s) you loose your balance as your arms go flailing backwards (and you land butt first on your floor looking up at the ceiling). Needless to say, my roommate walked by just at the right time.

Heather

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Wow! Exercising while on the computer!! Dang!
    JD, you are like totally nuts,dude! LOL!
    Where are the pics anyways????PJ

• justintx
    16 years ago

PJ,
    You say that as if you don't believe me!
    ; - )
    J.D.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

JD I would never think such a thing. You are the Texas 007 (complete with secret compartment golf bag) of gardening! PJ

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Hehe, PJ, I like that one --- JD, Texas 007!!!!!

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

LOL J.D.

They say that a good friend will bail you out of jail but a really good friend will be sitting beside you in jail saying "da*n that was fun"!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Carol Ann, are you saying that Mel and I aren't "good friends" to JD????? LOL

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

No, I'm just saying that I'd probably be the one sitting next to J.D. in jail after we empty the seeds from our pockets. lol

I hope you can afford to bail us both out.

• beachplant
    16 years ago

I think you could use the exercise ball to help float the cypress out of the swamp.
    JD, how many times do I have to tell you? CAMOflauge overalls! If you'd stuck a couple of crawfish out of your pockets you'd have been OK.
    That's why I only golf at night. And that bag is really tall enough for most plants, especially when you put those little socks on them, it helps to disguise them. I took those club thinggies & used them to stake up plants, they took up too much room in the bag...
    Tally HO!

• justintx
    16 years ago

Yeah, Tally, camo would have been better. The night golf doesn't work for me - I told the golf pro I was blind so it didn't matter if I played at night. He didn't believe me.
    J.D.