Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
terryisthinking

New Forums

terryisthinking
17 years ago

Can you believe they have a forum just for Lucky Bamboo???

They musta been kicked out of the bamboo forum.

They have a tomato forum, so it's not unheard of to have a forum for a single plant. But lucky bamboo doesn't do anything like fruit or bloom. I guess I'll go read to see what can be said.

Comments (26)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe, thay probaly did boot them
    I have some lucky bamboo (forget what it really is) in the bathrooms growing in the bathroom. They were gifts for my office before I retired. I love them, they do great in their just growing in water. I think they get a bad rap, lol just because they aren't really bamboo

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

"They musta been kicked out of the bamboo forum."

Them bamboo people must be some rowdies!

Did you notice that there's a Sanseveria Forum?

yep, a whole forum for mother-in-law's tongue!

& they have Conversations & a Gallery, too!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I have always grown Sanserveria. It is a requirement for my Standing's Day Geckos. They have to have some. Anyway, what's to talk about? Except for freezing/full sun you can grow it practically anywhere. I gave a 5 foot one away before I left California. It grows like a weed. I don't have lucky bamboo because no one gave me any yet. It's kind of cute. I'm not going there with the bamboo people...too easy. A bamboo pole keeps coming to mind! LOL! J/K I've never even been over there. PJ

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Sanserveria has a gallery??? That's totally unfair! Florida has been begging for one for years!!! lol...geeze louise.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wow, wonder what the forum-gods have against Florida. And what kind of pull do the twisty-bamboo people have. This needs to be investigated.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Full time gardening state...Florida doesn't have a forum?
    It should be investigated, you and PJ should get right on that. It does seem unfair

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, Florida doesn't have a gallery.

Florida can grow lots of beautiful tropicals. I'd think they would have a gallery before bamboo and especially before mother-in-law's tongue!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

What's there to talk about with Sanseveria? It just sits there. Once in a blue moon, when I'm refilling my cats' water bowls, I'll throw the old water into my Sanseveria pot, but sometimes it's weeks, or even months, before I remember it's even there. The poor thing doesn't even care that I've neglected it. The only thing that lets me know it's really a living plant, and not plastic, is that it does grow.

Well, that about sums up what there is to talk about with Sanseveria. Never done Lucky Bamboo, so I can't think of anything to contribute to that forum. Hmmm. What other forums could there be? I know, what about a Mondo Grass forum? That might be just as interesting!

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sally, they already have sod. I'm sure they cover Mondo over there. Let's see...UM....overpriced,fake-looking annuals? LOL!PJ

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How about a forum on nutgrass. I posted a year ago about it, and people are still posting back occasionally. Now that's a one-plant forum that has some juice.

Or a forum on poison ivy.

Or a forum on fire aints. You know you'll hear 25 ways to kill em when you have 5 people present.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    17 years ago

I am laughing out loud! Y'all are so funny!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Well, we could combine the lawn forum with the weed forum, and come up with a forum dedicated to the eradication of bermuda grass! Talk about a subject that gets batted around quite a bit - how to get rid of bermuda grass. :-)

Sally

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I HATE HATE HATE bermuda grass. It's so darn hard to kill. I could go on about how much it drives me nuts for a whole week!PJ

• sjv78736
    17 years ago

well, i hate to splash the pot but.....
    "MIL's tongue" is only one of dozens of sansevieria; they come in all variety of form and variegation. :)
    Jo

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

party pooper

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Geez....Wait! I have an excuse!!! Here it goes. I really don't know much about common houseplants because I'm always outside! Anyone anyone? Buying this? LOL!PJ

• mistiaggie
    17 years ago

Yeah we have a forum, but not a gallery. BTW, we do have about a month or so break of growing in Jan/Feb! ;) But our veggies season is going to start soon, so YAY! :) lol...

I think there should be an invasive forum.

• lorax
    17 years ago

Hehe.. my sarcasm meter is going crazy.

I just started a gardening forum (and gallery) with a few basic topic categories. I'm looking forward to expanding them as requested by members.

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Swap Forums

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Were we being sarcastic? Maybe, but never mean-sarcastic.

It would be hard to have an invasive forum because one man's invasive is another's native plant.

And did anyone tell Briosafarm(Debra) from the "Name that Plant post" where you all really hang out - back here behind the barn??

The only sansveria I know about is the one that needs dusting in the insurance office. It's standing in a brick of dirt that's never been touched. I thought they were poisonous, what does a gecko do with it?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I think different peple have mentioned the conversation area. She would fit right in

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

I think we need a "what not to plant" forum and maybe a "give it to me" forum. lol

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

give it to me, lol

How bout a forum for cheap but great gardeners for hire in all areas, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, good one!

How about a forum for the Mulch Guy!!!

Terry, AKA TXGL, you need to play Name This Plant with us.

Why, the car wash alone makes it worth playing.

• terryisthinking
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That mulch guy doesn't look anything like my scrawny high school helper that spawned the Mulch Guy myth.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sanservievera(forget the darn spelling too many d*mn letters!) Day Geckos come from the same area where they grow. Magagascar. Just like the kid movie. In case you don't have small children it's a lush island off the coast of Africa.In the Standing's Day Gecko/Sanservievia area is actually sub tropical.They can eat it if they get bored(not a real food source but they'll nip it), breeding(they back in and lay a little clutch of eggs it's sooo cute!),sleeping and sunning. Geckos can be kind of picky about their environment so you have to have this plant or they'll stress to death. Chapter 2.... LOL!

My sarcasm is always meant in fun! Honest! I'll confess I don't like fake,overpriced annuals but everyone knows I'm on this wierd weeds-are-really-native-plants kick so I have less work to do.PJ

• sjv78736
    17 years ago

"I'll confess I don't like fake,overpriced annuals but everyone knows I'm on this wierd weeds-are-really-native-plants kick so I have less work to do.PJ"

pj - you would like sans then as they are definately considered weeds by many! they grow well in rocky areas and dont require much of that precious h2o. they are almost impossible to kill...and as stated, a great home for geckos.
    check out the forum some time. :) jo

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz