Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisew03

My husband's idea of retirement . . .

denisew
16 years ago

My husband shared this with me the other day. He said this is how he wants to live when he retires. We still have quite a few years left before that happens, but he still thinks about it.

He wants to have enough land so he can get an ultralight plane to fly. He wants an ultralight because it is the closest thing to flying a World War I plane - he is a history buff. He loves playing those computer games with WWI planes where he gets to fly and shoot at the enemy. Anyway, he mentioned that he could fly over and see me out working in the garden. He also wants to mount a paintball gun on his ultralight so when I bend over to pull weeds, he can shoot me in the butt! I'll tell ya what . . . that must be love, huh?! :-D

Comments (11)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Ultralights are very popular in the desert. I'm guessing it's the lack of trees to crash land into? I like the mounted paintball idea a lot but the FAA would really get to jumping up and down I think! LOL! Your DH is a hoot girlie. PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Hmm. Paintball gun front and rear on the freeway......now there's a good method of letting people know when they driving badly!

• remuda1
    16 years ago

HOW SWEET! Your hubby *included* you in his retirement dreams, ROFL!

Kristi

• denisew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Yes, wasn't that thoughtful of him? LOL At least he wants to get away from the suburbs and get some land that will give me the space to do the gardening that I would really like to do - fruit trees, more space for roses, natives, paths, pergolas, grapes, etc. Maybe I should also build a hideout for me of some sort where I could run for cover for when he is up in his ultralight!

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Better put armor on da booty :) make it nice and shinny so it blinds him hehehehe

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

HAHAHAHA, Denise, 3 words. Camo gardening outfit
    That is so funny and such a *man* dream

• toadlilly
    16 years ago

I won't be sharing your hubby's dream with my hubby! I just found out (from our kids) that my hubby loves Montana and would love to live there! 19yrs of marriage and I find this out...so I'm teasing him unmercifully about never taking me there...he'll regret the day he didn't let me in on this dream of his...Mind you, I just want to visit:) CJ

• justintx
    16 years ago

Hey, 'toad', have DW go up to Montana about, ummmmm January 10. That seems to change a lot of us 'flat landers' minds. Montana is one COLD motor skooter!! I knew a hunting guide who moved out of Montana to Wyoming - because it was too cold. (but it is beautiful in places, isn't it?!?!)
    J.D.

• denisew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, same thought came to me about how cold it is there. I lived in Minnesota as a child and know how cold it can get up there in the northern part of the U.S. All he needs is a few days in the bitter cold and he will change his mind. And, there is a lot of open space up there, but I believe that is because those open spaces is either ranch land or uninhabitable.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

It gorgeous,lovely and wonderful 6mos. of the year. The winters are too long and I'd freeze to death getting the mail in winter. A lady on another gardening forum said it was -25 degrees out about the time we were starting to warm up. **** NO!!!! PJ

• toadlilly
    16 years ago

I don't think a winter vacation is what he has in mind:), Its funny because he always 'tests' me, like what is my favorite bird? or football team? or boat? etc etc, so when my KIDS told me 'dad wants to live in Montana' I was shocked! This man doesn't go anywhere, its pulling teeth to get him to take time off for a vacation! I would like to visit some State Parks...someday (then come back home to East Tex:) CJ

Sponsored
FineLine Kitchens, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars81 Reviews
Award Winning Kitchen & Bath Design Center Serving the DMV Area