Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

Need help remembering words to a song

carrie751
13 years ago

Yesterday, the blooms on one of my Vitex trees was comvered with baby bumble bees. I instantly thought of a song "Bringing Home a Baby Bumble Bee", but could not remember the words to it. Am I in the twilight zone or was there ever such a song? Surely someone out there can help me ...... the melody has been bouncing around in my head all day.............need help !!!

Comments (8)

• wilo
    13 years ago

Is it this?

Baby Bumble Bee

I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee
    Won't my Mommy be so proud of me
    I'm bringing home my baby bumble bee -
    OUCH!! It stung me!!

I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee
    I'm squishin' up my baby bumble bee -
    EW!! What a mess!!

I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee
    I'm lickin' up my baby bumble bee -
    ICK!! I feel sick!!

I'm barfin' up my baby bumble bee
    I'm barfin' up my baby bumble bee -
    OH!! What a mess!!

I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee
    I'm wipin' up my baby bumble bee -
    OOPS!! Mommy's new towel!!

I'm wringin' out my baby bumble bee
    I'm wringing out my baby bumble bee -
    Bye-Bye baby bumble bee!!

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't remember it like this, wilo, but who knows? I cannot remember the words to it at all....just the melody.

• bobbi_p
    13 years ago

Too funny! As I read Wilo's lyrics, I was wondering what tune it was to! Sounds like a Girl Scout/Camp song for sure!

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I wish I could remember, Bobbi, but wilo's words fit the tune that is rolling around in my head..........LOL>

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Ya'll got my curiosity up so I looked it up on YouTube. There were several versions. Here's one of them so you can hear the tune.

Here is a link that might be useful: Baby Bumblebee on YouTube...

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is the melody that will NOT leave me.......LOL.....thanks, roselee, and wilo, you were right on !!
    Thanks for all your help, now I can put this one to bed...but oh, if I could just stop that melody ..LOL>

• bobbi_p
    13 years ago

Too funny! Now I've "listened" to the video, and I too will have to have the tune run through my mind as I do yard work today! Carrie, maybe you and I should make a video of us doing garden work while singing the song! (not serious...)

(Odd comments below the YouTube video. Had to figure out what "CP" was. I see it must be Club Penguin, which I know some kids play non-stop. I never was comfortable with my kids playing games on line with people I didn't know. The comments make me glad I'm "no fun.")

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Bobbi, bet you will hear this melody each and every time you see a bumble bee ..........from this moment forward!!
    Oh, and BTW, a gardening friend who came over day before yesterday knew the song......so glad to know I am not losing it completely.