Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
freshair2townsquare

carrie's bad example

carrie:

i feel you should know that you've set a bad example - its one thing to "be yourself" . . . whatever that is - but when you're in the position of a role model, you need to give more consideration to how your actions will affect others

i met JD at his house today - he was pushy, had to have things his way & wouldn't let me leave when i wanted to - he said that this was the way you treated him, that he was following your example, and actually laughed as he said he was grateful to have a chance to pay it forward

you just need to know that your actions can have long term reesults & far-reaching ramifications

~ freshair

Comments (25)

• justintx
    14 years ago

freshair,
    I sure hope you give examples. Everybody here already suspects me of being an axe murderer.
    ;-)
    J.D.

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

nobody's come beggin' to my house, yet - that, and young my gardens are

i think fairview might currently have you edged on the axe murderer thing (red oak)

• justintx
    14 years ago

Well, I learned from the best!
    Carrie - freshair came over for crossvine and flame acanthas. I didn't let her leave until she also had blue shell pea vine, turk's cap, iris, and coral honeysuckle

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

pure coercion - threatened to rustle my one itty bitty hummingbird if i didn't cooperate

• carrie751
    14 years ago

I taught you well, JD, and you are a fine example of what a good student should be. Sorry, freshair, but I am certain these are plants you will treasure just as JD does all the ones I have so willingly "shared" with him.

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

HAHAHA, a couple of plants to Carrie is, uh a couple of dozen or more, lol

She is generous to a fault. The fault being it nearly kills me getting them all planted.

But I love her even if she is a troublemaker sometimes, lol
    jolana

JD, someone told me that you are in my neck of the woods sometimes, you need to come by here and load up. I am serious, we could fill your truck up in a heartbeat.

Plus you could take the fluffer and teach him a few things, no, on second thought, it's best that doesn't happen, lol

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Rumors ......all rumors !!!!

• justintx
    14 years ago

jolana,
    I need to meet the "fluffer". Sounds like he could use a little moral support. LOL
    I'll have to build some more beds before I make anymore plant gathering excursions, though. Learned my lesson well the last time after I kept multiple plants alive in pots for 6 months before getting the 'RoundUp on the yard'.
    ;-)
    J.D.

Master Carrie - I trust you are pleased with my success. If freshair would've had that new big van - she'd still be at my house loading plants. (Then over to your house!!)
    grasshopper j.d.

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

tee hee - i'll have that new big van with a power lift and tie-downs inside by the october swap!
    ~ freshair

• carrie751
    14 years ago

We can work out a system together, JD...... and with a big van to fill, who knows how many plants we can unload on -uh- give to her????

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

can you give me JD's waterfall? puh-leeeeez
    ~ freshair

• melvalena
    14 years ago

What waterfall? I never did see it in any of those pictures he put in the gallery.

Amy... you were right here in my neighborhood...you should have called me and come by!

I think Carrie is a great role model, it just comes natural to her.

• justintx
    14 years ago

Here ya go mel!!

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well, mel, i didn't know it was you until i saw your picture of the canary-yellow house & i realized we lived near each other - then i felt wierd for searching for your screen name trying to find a picture of you and figure out who you were - then i felt elated and a little creepy when i realized you were down the same freakin' street from me & there i was reading your posts online

you know, you were rather pushy yourself - i asked if i could "ask you some questions" about your gardening, & the next thing i know, you're foisting on to me roses and passionvine *with gulf frit caterpillars* - so pushy

and while i'm at it: cynthia was awfully pushy back in june - out of the blue, she lures me in with the bait of a specimen plant, but i leave with five or six other plants i wasn't expecting

what is it with you people?!

~ freshair

• melvalena
    14 years ago

JD... is that photo shopped??? If not, can you come help build me one in my yard? :)

Amy Gurl!!! .. you opened the door.. and its too late to shut it!! You're dishing it right back already--

Mel PS.. I think its pretty funny how we met. It makes me blush & giggle.

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Wow, JD, I don't think I had seen it finished. It is fantastic
    No fluffer won't be hanging with you and he gets a lot of support, just not in the gardening area, LOL

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

mirrors - its all with mirrors ~ freshair

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Freshaire, there will have to be a raffle for the waterfall..... can't just "give" it away. What do you think we should charge for the tickets????

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i like the 'e' at the end of my name - sort of like the mcd's campaign for their coffee - i can use it when i want to pretend to be sophisticated

hmmm - $1 or a bag of compost

~ freshaire

• justintx
    14 years ago

maybe I shouldn't have let you guys know where I live?
    ;-)
    mel-no its not 'shopped', but I didn't do it myself. DW talked me into letting somebody that knew what they were doing, do it. They gave me a lot more for my money than I expected. I was planning on stacking 2 big rocks and having a pondless feature for $750. They did this(I provided the rock) for $2400. They also used a much higher quality pump than I would have bought. It hurt a little, but looking back - it was the best thing I could have done. They had a crew of young stout boys, started at 8:00 a.m. and were gone before 3:00 p.m. I added the plants (with some of everybody's contributions).

The birds use it regularly in this heat and I enjoy it WAY more than I imagined.

jolana - notice how I tried to keep things up so no 'fluffers' 'fluff' anything? LOL

j.d.

• melvalena
    14 years ago

It looks great JD.
    I don't think I'll be able to talk
    'RoundUp Man' into spending the money. :(

Your wife certainly knew what she was doing, didn't she?

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

i could use a "fluffer" for my compost pile - what's his hourly rate? - will he take iced tea under a ceiling fan for payment? (cuz that's all i can afford)
    ~ freshair

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Didn't mean to change the spelling of your name, freshair, just got to typing and couldn't stop !!!!!

• freshair2townsquare
    Original Author
    14 years ago

well, i'm not generally the type to "put on airs" . . .

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Then this may change your life !!!