Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melvalena

DallasD.A.N.C.E. 2007

melvalena
16 years ago

In case anyone is interested, this is my biggest project every year and the reason my house didn't get on the market this summer... everything went on hold starting in July when I had to stop and work on this full time. I did manage to keep the hummers fed, and my potted plants watered, but that's about it.

Here is a link that might be useful: DallasD.A.N.C.E. 2007

Comments (13)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Which one are you or did you choreograph?(Did I spell any of that right?)PJ

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I'm not in any of the videos. I work the event. :) Among other things I put together the green room for the dancers and staff and train those who work back there. I look after a lot of the details, and put out fires leading up to and through out the weekend. :)

once our photographer gets his 4000 plus photos organized and put up on his web space I'll post a link to it.
    I'm in a few of those pictures. :)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Watching those dancers is hypnotic. Do you go to the classes? I can't see watching that and not being seriously tempted to try it out! PJ

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh yes.. I dance, I just don't compete. (anymore) :)

There is a lot of social dancing at this event. In between each contest is lots and lots of dancing. The floor is full of couples most of the time. They are out there dancing until 4 or 5 every morning. On Sunday night lots of people stay up all night dancing, and then catch their plane back home.

I go out dancing here 2 or 3 nights a week and I moderate several local dance email lists ---when I'm not pulling weeds or trying to kill other plants. :)

• little_dani
    16 years ago

OH, I LOVE THIS!!!!

I love to dance like that- at least I did when I was younger.

I taught all my kids to dance. We used to have so much fun. The one who is now a preacher was the best on the floor when we would jitterbug. He was a hoot!

I have added that video to my favorites. I will have to watch it over and over.

It is hypnotic.

Thanks, a real treat!

Janie

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There are lots and lots of videos at that site..every comp's first place winner. Lots of different styles and music of WCS.

I'm glad so many of you like it.

• denisew
    16 years ago

So you worked the event . . . and here I thought that was you dancing. That sure was fun to watch! I wish I could be that coordinated to dance.

• melvalena
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Denise,
    if you can walk you can learn to dance. :) It just takes a good teacher and some time.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Just wiggle your butt alot! :^) PJ

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

That was good! I love to dance, but alas when I took a class that was supposed to be - oh goodness, I forget what it was supposed to be now. Maybe a dance from A Chorus Line. It was a continuing Ed class. Anyway, when it comes to groovy dancing with prescribed steps, I suck! I can dance to music I like. And I can take ballet class and have a good time. But doing snazzy dancing with steps is HARD!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Don't talk to me about choreography either. I can't tell my right from my left!!! PJ

• necia
    16 years ago

My Sister is a dance teacher. She teaches ballet, tap, jazz, etc. to children. She has to do everything with the opposite leg/arm of the kids (as she is facing them). She has to say things like, "point your right foot" while pointing her left foot. I couldn't do that!

Necia

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Akk. I would break both legs and confuse all my classes. Necia your sister is really coordinated!!! PJ