Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trsinc

The Power of Positive Thinking-long, sorry

trsinc
17 years ago

This is a continuation of my "I have a job interview and need your good wishes." post. I posted that on Tuesday and several of you replied. Some, I'm sure sent me good thoughts without replying.

Well, I got the job, and here is an excerpt from an email I sent a girlfriend last night (about my day)...

"Today was "Be Nice To Tammy Day"!!! Boy did I love it. The people at the agency were just nice as pie. Way nicer than other temp agencies I've been to in the past.

Anyway, after that I went to DPS to renew my sadly expired driver's license and I had the NICEST person I have ever met at that kind of agency/occurrence/situation to help me. She was just the sweetest thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She even, RE-TOOK my picture because she didn't think it was flattering. She held her hand up and said look here, no here, no here, until she had the right angle. I'm sure the picture will still suck (I always take a bad picture) but that is the ONLY time a DPS clerk has given a whit about it!!! Then, I stopped at Chick-filet, and both the speaker/order taker guy and the cashier were NICE, NICE, NICE!!! Never had better service! Then I went to Bed Bath and Beyond to pick up my carpet cleaner (only they carry it- and it is the best in the world!) The cashier there was SUPER friendly and we talked about all the different uses of my stain remover. Lovely woman! THEN, I stopped to have my car inspected. So, I'm sitting there in the waiting room and the one lady in there starts complimenting me on my shoes. Next thing ya know, we are having a nice old conversation about shoes, weather, winter, snow, fall, etc. NICE. A Very nice, and friendly, lady!!!!!"

Was that just freaky or what? Cashiers are usually nice to me because I try really hard to cheer them up... I know what it is like to deal with the public because I used to do that. But, I live outside of Austin and work IN Austin, and people here just aren't usually jumping at the chance to be SUPER nice first. I mean, these people were just bending over backwards about it! My house is kind of near Marble Falls, and sometimes my friends will visit and we'll head over there to shop. They always comment on how NICE people are there compared to Austin.

So, anyhow, it just hit me this morning that it was probably all of the positive vibes that y'all and my friends were sending me yesterday. Sorry if that sounds flaky or hippy, but I believe it is true.

So, here's to all of you!! May you have a glorious and NICE day, today and always.

Comments (6)