Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

To all my GW buddies

mikeandbarb
16 years ago

Sorry if I miss any important messages, ones needing a prayer or just a warm thought or hug.

I've been a little out of touch. My dad had minor surgery today, all went well.

He was having trouble with his urethra, seems it had almost closed all the way up and I've been running him back and forth to the doctors this week.

I hope everyone is doing ok.

Sylvia Bless your heart I hope your doing ok.

Dena I feel for your GS, nothing can ever take the place of a father even if he wasn't there for his son a child always holds out hope that some day they'll come around and care about them.

Been there with my two kid's dad who didn't give a dang about them. He never did a thing for them. Poor babies they called him a few years ago, just wanting to hear something some small little word that he cared but he still told them he doesn't care for them. That was hard on them and their in their 30's now.

I kept my month shut about their dad, only time I told them anything was when they asked and then I only told them what good thing's I remembered of him, which wasn't much.I knew one day they'd learn on their own what a worthless no gooder he was.

Best advise I can give is always love the kid's and let them know your there even at times when they'll try you for all your worth. Been there too :) BTW: The Wedding pictures are beautiful and like everyone else I lvoe the last one with the truck in it. Congrats to you and the bride and groom. They are a lovely couple.

Kathy I seen the wedding pictures you put up too, Congrats to you and the bride and groom they are beautiful a couple.

Guess next we'll be hearing news of babies from you and Dena in the future :)

Warmly Barb

Comments (7)

• Dena Walters
    16 years ago

Barb,
    I went thru the same thing with my kids and their dad, in the past year due to my sons disrespect to the Step dad that has raised and loved him dearly I kicked him out of my house....he went to live with his bio. dad for only 2 mos. came back and appoligized to the S dad....he finally learned on HIS OWN.
    I was like you..never said bad things and figured when they were old enough they would figure it out on their own..it took my son a bit longer...but sadly he did learn...
    And YES..I have been told I am going to be a GM again....not the best timing in the world but I love my GS dearly and know I will love this one too.
    Your dads speedy recovery are in my prayers!!!
    Dena

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I just thought I'd mention something I noticed with my DS. His dad is rather totally self-centered. It's just the way things are with him. My son was having a very hard time with it. He was angry I left his dad and blamed me for leaving. I was very matter of fact that his dad and I would've provided a very toxic environment with all the fighting we would've done. He later was jealous of his brother that his step-mom had. I assured him that his dad would treat that child the exact same way. I was right.
    Recently, I pointed out how many people loved and cared about him. Especially his bio dad's parents. His entire summers back in Ca are spent pretty much with his dad's parents spoiling him. It makes a huge difference to a child with a self-centered parent for grandparents and step-parents that step forward and have love for them. Nobody can replace his bio dad. However, with other loving family members it lets a child know they are loveable and that it's not their fault a parent doesn't seem to care. PJ

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

Thanks for the good thoughts, Barb.

glad to hear your Dad is doing well.

Take care of yourself!

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

Hey girl, So glad your dad is doing ok. Have they scheduled the next surgery?

There better not be any babies any time soon. I want them to get their degrees first.
    She is majoring in political science. My son said, "imagine someone paying her to talk".

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

I had a similar bio dad, but my mom encouraged me to go meet him in my 20s and it was a mistake in the long run. Make no mistake, I love my step dad like my father and always have, but I wasted time and various types of energy learning what a sick loser a^^hole my bio dad is. If anyone had taken a moment to urge caution it would have been the best advice.

I just discovered that there is a bad word filter on here! LOL! I guess I should be proud it's taken me so long to find it! hahaha!

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Kathy, To our surprise the doctor said that he got a good look at dad's prostate and did not see any cancer. I tell you what both dad and I are plum worn out from all the doctor's. We both have felt like we've been on a roller coaster from you know where. We are glad to hear the good news but you can imagine the confusion.
    For anyone who has a man in their life let me tell you when they start having to have their prostate checked do not go on just one doctor's word, if he tells you - you have cancer, get two even three opinion's. A PSA test can read high but it does not mean they have cancer, it can read low and have cancer.
    If you don't feel good about the doctor do whatever it takes to change doctor's.
    The doctor that my dad was seeing told us that dad had cancer but he had removed it when he'd have surgery two years ago. Then 6 months ago he told us that dad's PAS test was high and that he had cancer. When I went in with dad for his check up I asked the doctor if he was sure and he said yes. I asked him about telling us that he removed it then the doctor said he did not tell us that. Now I'm not saying that this doctor is good because he comes highly recommended but something wasn't right.
    Problem with the prostate is that it's not easy to know what's going on, if you look it up and read a lot on it you'll see how difficult it is.

PJ, Dena and PPB,

Surprising at how many have this in common. To the men on here I don't want y'all to think we're just picking on men. I know of women that left their kid's too.

Thank you Sylvia, you take care too

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I'll even it out. When my DH was 3 his mom took off to party. My DH was raised by his dad and 2 sets of very loving grandparents. PJ