Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dwalters7

Daughters Wedding. (Long with pics)

Dena Walters
16 years ago

Well I haven't had much time to be here lately, so much happening. FNL passed away and then my daughter got married a couple weeks later. Here are a couple pictures I have gotten so far.

It was hot but it went really well, yet I am so glad it's over.

Then they moved in with us (sigh) no rest for the weary! We just found out last week that my GS's biological dad was going back to prison and while in the jail he hung himself. He never had anything to do with Colby (my GS) but I really feel bad for his GM, she is the one who actually raised him and she's a very sweet woman.

I think my DH is going to check in and see if there would be any settlement on this to go in a trust for Colby. This was the 2nd suicide in the jail in a month and he was on suicide watch. Anyway its very tragic for his GM but as I mentioned before he never had anything to do with Colby. Anyway....like I mentioned No rest for the weary.

And do my gardens ever look horrible!!!

I see so much has happened and my prayers are with each of you who need it so much right now.

My motto "Take it one day at a time"

Missed you all!!

Dena

Comments (16)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Dena, how lovely those pics are, what a gorgeous couple. I really like the last one. When it rains, it pours...huh?
    Now it's time to relax and have fun in your gardens!!!
    jolana

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

You've really had your hands full. The garden is the best place for peace of mind.
    My DS married and moved in for a while. Everyone thought it would be horrible but I loved it. They had a bedroom real far from our room and they did their own cooking and cleaning. I hardly knew they were here but we would sometimes cook outside together and rent movies together.
    It was so sad when they bought a house and moved out. It was like being an empty nester all over again.

What a nice looking couple. I like the last picture best too. That is so cool. Looks like an old movie.
    The first one is very romantic.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

The economy is so insane a lot of kids have to "boomerang" back to a parent's house. I did when I left my ex. My pride took a beating but it was the best for my son at the time. Those pics are SO gorgeous!!!!
    That whole jail/prison thing is scary. Everyone involved is in my prayers. PJ

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    16 years ago

whew...thanks jolana, my neice is a photographer and she loves the old barns and cars...she does a great job!
    I hope to get into the gardens this weekend, the weather is suppose to be really nice!
    carolann I really have fun with my GS he is such a joy..but working full time and when I get home and exhausted, he is really a NaNa's boy and he is ready to go!..and my daughter is sooo lazy! I love her dearly but we get along so much better when she is living on her own (Ok its part my fault..she is pretty spoiled and most of the time it shows by her attitude)
    PJ thank you! I can't wait to see the rest of the pics..maybe if there is a decent one I'll post a pic of me too with the family...lol!
    We can always use the prayers..it really has been a very hard year..hmmm.nxt year has to be better right?
    Thanks Ya'll!
    Dena

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

I'm late checking in. Wow, what a roller coaster you've been on. The pics are beautiful, and so is the couple.

My son is back home with us, going back to school with a complete change in major and direction, other than both are artistic. (From music to culinary arts and hospitality) Hopefully, this major will take. Lucky for us, he's been practicing on us! Still, it's quite an adjustment for us having him back home, and it's an adjustment for him. Now, if he'd only get a job!

Congrats, Denaw, and my sympathies for the loss of your FNL.

Sally

• natvtxn
    16 years ago

Your niece did a wonderful job!

• prairiepaintbrush
    16 years ago

Beautiful pictures, and what a sexy couple!

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Dena, living with my DS and his wife was easy but if they had kids living here I'd go nuts. They don't have any kids yet but my DD gave me 3 precious grandbaby girls and I love them more then life but I could never live with them full time.

They do spend the night with me a lot and we enjoy it.

• little_dani
    16 years ago

CarolAnn, you are not old enough to have a married son and a daughter to give you 3 grandbaby girls! I have seen your pictures, and you are only a child yourself!

So is everybody else that I have seen here.

Boo'ful pictures, many good wishes for the couple.

The coming year will be better.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Don't listen to Carol. She spoils those grandgirls with wild abandon. I think if she spent more time than now they would be living with her! You're a good grammy Carol. A very pretty one too! :^) PJ

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

Janie, you just made my day. lol

Yes, I am old enough to have grandkids but I was a child bride. hehehe

PJ, what a sweet compliment.

Okay now, Janie and PJ you two just come over here and pick yourselves out a plant.

• Dena Walters
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks so much everyone!!!
    It's getting harder the longer they stay..grrrrr...I've been pushing pretty hard for them to find a rental!
    But we get thru it one day at a time...
    Dena

• little_dani
    16 years ago

O.K. Y'all.

I am going to tell you a secret.

The secret to a long and peaceful life.

I don't have a spare/guest room.

I have a 4 bedroom house, but only one 'bedroom'.

The other rooms are 1.) an office, 2.) a sewing room, and 3.) a junk (storage) room.

No beds are set up in any of these rooms.

That way, nobody can come back to live with us!

I did this after my sister had all three of her children, along with their spouses, and children- three each- moved back home at the same time.

That was 17 people in one little 3 bedroom house!

I ran home screaming and pulling at my hair, at the very thought of people moving in with me. I have 6 kids, and 10 grands, I would just keel over! Not being ugly, I just don't make it comfy or desireable to live at my house. Heheehe.

Janie

• carolann_z8
    16 years ago

So does that mean when I move in with you I have to bring my sleeping bag!!!

• little_dani
    16 years ago

Well, I could probably find a bed in the storage room, if they were pitiful enough.

Maybe.

Janie

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Janie, I'd make room. Carol gardens like a trooper! LOL! PJ