Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bev__

I apologize...angry soapbox today

Bev__
17 years ago

I have been on a cranky/angry soapbox today.

I apologize.

I'm going out in the yard to work it off.

I don't like me like this.

Comments (18)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Oh Bev, we know you're bark's not as bad as your bite. lol

There are lots of things that get us shook up from time to time.

Take a deep breath and drink a glass of wine.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Bev, everytime I hear someone say they are angry, I think of my GM, she would always say "well, you can just get glad in the same shoes you got mad in" it always made me laugh when she would say that, lol

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

My daughter-in-law says that.

It's funny and makes me laugh too.

She's usually talking about my son. lol

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

LOL, when I tell my DH that, after almost 30yrs he still says...what?

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I like that saying - probably won't be able to remember it at the right time.

My DH had a father like that - he drank hisself to death, but it took 80 years, and DH turned out jewel.

• Bev__
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I love that saying, hope I can remember it.

Barb....I'm happy to hear your husband is not like his dad.
    My dad is 77. He still drives and never was a good driver. I hope if he has a wreck and kills himself he won't take anyone with him. He says he's moving to MN to live with my yougest sister the end of Sept. I tried to warn her, but she wants to take care of him in his final days. He should be in assisted living or confined somewhere for the safety of others. His other announcement was that I owe him $20,000 for staying in my house these last 5 years and watching it for me! He's also accused me of stealing all his money (that he's never had to begin with). He accused my daughter of stealing all his pictures. I think the witch he was sleeping with when mom died burned them.

I'm over being angry & crabby....takes too much out of me and doesn't accomplish anything.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Bev, my dad turned 88 in May. He still drives. I am going down there Sept. 21 to take he and Mary out to dinner for their first anniversary.

It sounds like your dad may have some form of dementia.
    My DH had alzheimer's and made some strange decisions, before I realized something was wrong.
    Examples:
    When building our house, he did not think the coat closet needed a light fixture. Or that the laundry room needed a drian in case of a leak or something. When we had to put our dog to sleep and did not have the money to buy another at that time, he wanted to sell some stock to buy another cocker. Totally not rational. Just strange little things began to add up.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Damn! I must have it to! I'm with him on all three of the above items!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Let me know when they start giving Bev and Kathy's plants away! BWhahahaha

Now that's demented!!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

If you think you are big enough missy, come and get 'em.

(I'll hide in that closet with no light.)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Gosh Kathy's so brave!

Maybe I'd better be good.

Kathy, it was Carrie's idea.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Wasn't either - Kathy knows me better than that!!!!

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I guess you did vent a bit about your dad, but I haven't seen anything that you need to apologize for.

My computer or my internet has been acting up again, so I'm slow to respond to this. I do hope you're feeling better now.

Sally

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

It is easy to be brave when I live a 5 hours drive from you!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Ok you all. Enough picking on old folks, now.

You will get there all too soon, yourselves, and you can bet your kids will be doing the same thing then, you are now!

Coat closet.....normally too small to require a light fixture. Regular closet is another matter. (Assumes you have not built the coat closet in a coal pit.)

Laundry room has a drain for the washer. If it leaks, you should have already had a serious problem with it, and should know it needs attention. An additional floor drain, simpy provides a nice highway for mice, to enter your home.

Anyone who has ever had a loving pet, cannot wait to get a new puppy, when they lose that pet. You do whatever it takes, to replace the love that has been lost. (For men, the dog gives them way more attention, than anyone else in the family!)

Bev.....you got some serious resentment against your father, about relationships. That has little to do with driving.

Ok, now where's the fun stuff?

• Bev__
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Rick ...you're right, I have very serious resentment when it comes to my dad & for many, many good reasons.

I work at forgiving & forgeting & dealing with him every day. Some days I don't do so well. I usually keep it to myself. My other 5 siblings in MN will be responsible for him come the end of the month.

Ok......bring on the fun stuff!!!!

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

The whole story.

I was not making fun of dementia. My husband died from alzheimer's.
    He was a professional builder. In prior houses these were things he added.
    He also was always frugal and selling stock was not something he would have done prior to retirement.
    This is how I knew there might be a problem.

I guess my point was that they do things that are out of their nature.

I am with you my dogs are my children.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Kathy's right. Spotting behavior that's out of character may be the way that loved one's can determine that something really isn't quite right with their spouse or parent or sibling. There are check lists published that tell you what to look for, but those checklists are poor at best. "Has trouble keeping a checkbook" is one of the things on the list. Well, that described my mother most of her life. In fact, most of what was on the checklist described my mother before she got Alzheimers. We had to figure it out from other signs, such as forgetting to take her medicine, forgetting to pick her dog up from the groomers, leaving the stove on, more than once. I went to her house on impulse one day, and boy was I glad I did. I smelled smoke coming from her house. I banged on the door, rang the doorbell, her dog barked, but she didn't answer. Luckily, I had a key. She had started cooking something, gotten a call from a friend that needed a ride, and left without turning the stove off. No harm was done, but if I hadn't dropped by just then no telling what would have happened. That incident alone can be explained away as forgetfullnes because a friend needed help. Combined with other things, and you get concerned. It's not picking on older folks. It's caring for them and about them.

Bev, I think you really, really deserve some fun.

Sally

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus