Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

What a day in the life of a gardener

jolanaweb
14 years ago

I met Janie, (lil dani) in Gonzales along with a group of wonderful friends of Janie. We went through a nursery like old friends laughing and picking on each but sharing the love for all of the plants and learning about some we didn't know about.

Janie has one friend that was born with my married name and it turns out she is my DH's cousin. I have never met many of DH's paternal family but am wishing now I had, she is a hoot!!! So, I have decided that she is MY cousin and not his, lol

Janie, I want you to know that I had a wonderful time and how much I appreciate you meeting me there and helping me and a couple of other GW's get our wonderful Cherry trees

and can't wait to do it again!!!

OXOXOX

Comments (31)

• little_dani
    14 years ago

Jolana, WE had such a good time! Everybody was so impressed- they talked about you the whole way home! Everybody is thinking up reasons and places to get together again!

I had told them all the good stuff about you, and they all agreed that I had missed a real biggie- How much you are just like us! LOL, there is no hope for you, if that is the case!

If any of y'all get the chance to meet Jolana, she is the real deal. Nice as the day is long.

If we set up a little 'convention' thingie, how many people do y'all think we could get to be there? I think that would be such fun!

Thanks, again, Jolana. I had the nicest day.

Janie

• carolann_z8
    14 years ago

It sures sounds like ya'll had a fun time. Next time I wanna go.
    A convention sounds important so I wouldn't want to miss it. lol

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Janie, that is very sweet and again thanks for a wonderful day but can I say....that is kinda scary you saying I am just like y'all ! BWAHAHAHA

No, everyone should be so fortunate, my sides were hurting from laughing with y'all

Carol, you will have to come next time. You would have a great time

• melvalena
    14 years ago

Ahh Jolana, she is sumptin isn't she? (its a good thing)

I wanna be just like her, but I don't have the right name for
    for a southern belle.

A convention would be fun... but spells trouble for someone! :)

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

I want to come too! I feel like I already know you all. Maybe we can meet sometime, somewhere, maybe in Victoria??

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

BTW, I met honeybunny a/k/a Barbra here on GardenWeb about 4 years ago. She lives about a mile down the street from me here in Rockport where she has her weekend house away from San Antonio. It's been fun getting to know her and her husband. They recently came to a party at our house where I had invited some of the neighbors! We all had a good time.

• carrie751
    14 years ago

How about a little farther NORTH so I can come too .... ???

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

OK, how about us finding the midway point for all of us. In Texas that might take some work to figure out considering how much distance is involved.

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

Hmmmm. Drive times to consider,

Dallas to Harlingen- 8.25 hours or so
    Dallas to El Paso- 9.25 hours or so
    Dallas to Del Rio- 7 hours or so
    Houston to Harlingen- 5.5 hours or so
    Houston to El Paso- 10.5 hours or so
    Houston to Del Rio- 5.75 hours or so

Anyway you take it, going from one place to another, in TX is a major trip.

• carolann_z8
    14 years ago

Maybe halfway from Ft. Worth to Rockport. What is halfway? The hill country has lots to do and isn't that far for all of us. There's Wildseed Farms, ARE and lots more. Maybe we could get a spring trip together and all rent a cabin. Wouldn't that be fun?

• little_dani
    14 years ago

That would be fun!

I have threatened Linda Collins with meeting her several times, but we haven't got it done yet. Something always comes up.

I don't want to go to Victoria! Victoria is home! I wanna go somewhere else! Like.....like...sumplace!

I have found that the best way to do something like this is to put it on the calendar and work toward it. If I keep saying "I want to do that one of these days", I never get it done.

CarolAnn, this would be the perfect deal to rent that house in Wimberley. It sleeps 14, with lots of room for air mattresses and cots! LOL

How far is DFW to Rockport, Rick?

Put me down. I am for it.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

DIBS on a bed, BWAHAHAHA
    I'm in!!!! Wherever it is
    Janie, thank you for all of the kind words

Mel, I think you should google Melvelena. I know 2 women in Georgia and one in Louisiana named Melvelina
    So you are actually more of a Southern Belle, lol AND you look more like one, I never met a Southern Belle that was a Amazon woman, lol

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Janie, Rick must have gone home , Google map says FW to Rockport is 6 hrs and 43 min

• little_dani
    14 years ago

Dallas/Fort Worth, (on the far side) to Wimberley, TX 210 miles.
    (On the near side) 197 miles

Rockport to Wimberley- 183 miles

Edna, TX to Wimberley 148 miles

San Antonio to Wimberley- 65.2 miles- They would have to save us a place.

Houston to Wimberley- 180 miles

Does anyone actually live at Wimberley?

I want a bed too. We may have to draw straws. That would be o.k.

Janie

• little_dani
    14 years ago

And I forgot to tell y'all.

This cousin of Jolana's DH- she is "Phyllis". Really!

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'm 74 or 80 from Wimberley

I think we still have a blow up bed and I think it is a queen, lol
    LOL, tell Phyllis "hi"

We do just have to "do it" Life is too short

• carolann_z8
    14 years ago

The cabin idea would be fun. Wimberley works for me.

Jolana, you best save a bed for me you Goober. LOL

I'm going with my DH, DD and her DH to Wimberley tomorrow for the weekend. It's supposed to rain but we'll see. I have an umbrella.

• soxxxx
    14 years ago

I would like to come. Gardeners make such good friends and one can never have too many.

• melvalena
    14 years ago

I have several queen blow up mattresses and lots of camping gear.

Melvalena

• little_dani
    14 years ago

I have slept on one of those blow-up mattresses, and they sleep just like a bed! We are good to go. Now, when?

Janie

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

I have an RV which I could bring up and just park and sleep in it. That way more beds would be available for the rest of you.

Those blow-up mattresses are fine for one person to sleep on, but not for two. I slept on one with my DH one night. He is a restless sleeper, and I was being bounced around all night long. HA!

• little_dani
    14 years ago

LOL, Jolana, I am giving you permission to use pics IF I can post one on my blog. Deal?

Janie

Here is a link that might be useful: An Obsessive/Compulsive Plant Collector

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Janie, what a sweetheart, lol
    Don't know where you get your info but very nice to read all the same
    You can use any pics, where are yours? Did you email them and I didn't get them?

• little_dani
    14 years ago

I have not sent them yet. I will do that today.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No hurry, I'm just glad to have the pics, lol

We need to not give up on a get together. Seems like in the past we would talk about it then it would drop.
    Let's do it!!!

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

Hey, I thought this was all done. DFW to Rockport is a furr piece. About 9 hrs. for sensible driving. Not much different than going to Corpus, really.

I decided I could go to FL, to fish, almost as fast as down there.

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hey, I hope not, lol
    If we could find a place to meet.

• little_dani
    14 years ago

Well, where do y'all want to go? I would be happy to do some scouting around for accomodations and such, if I knew where we wanted to go.

Janie

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Janie, looks like it is just going to be you and me and your gang, lol
    Okay?

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Hold on there, Jolana, first things first !!! Timing is everything, so FIRST, WHEN will it be??? LOL>

• carolann_z8
    14 years ago

You guys lost me at blow up air mattresses. Just kidding. LOL
    I think it would be fun to go nursery hopping and stay in a big cabin. If we had 8 people to go then we could rent a big cabin and it would be cheap by splitting up the cost. Or we could just say "bill it to Jolana"....BWAAAAAA

There were some really cool nurseries near Austin and the towns around it. Jolana and I went one year and hit several of them. We even stopped for pie in a little town.