Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
natvtxn_gw

Didja miss me?

natvtxn
17 years ago

I have been in the hosp. for 6 days with some wild pneumonia. They seem to think it was lurking from rebab back in May.

IV antibotics and resportory inhalation antibotics.

I was pretty sick....so they said,. I did not realize I was that sick. At least that's what they kept telling me.

Comments (26)

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Kathy, I missed you. I thought you were visiting your DD or DS.

I'm glad you're better.

Are you well enough to pick on yet???

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I missed you, too, Kathy. Gotta have you back, Carol Ann has really been picking on me.......

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Who me....(angelic look on face)

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear you've been under the weather. Poor girl
    I had pneumonia once and it wasn't fun, if you didn't feel sick it's a wonder, good thing they caught it and was able to treat it.
    Hug's to you

• Bev__
    17 years ago

I'm sad to hear you were sick, but happy you're all better.
    I get pneumonia almost every time I'm in the hospital, I think it's in the hospital air. I don't get that sick with it either, just major respiratory problems. Just fill that IV with antibiotics and pump that clean oxygen in and let me go home before the hospital air kills me!!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

That is so wierd in a wierd way. I have a friend back in CA that got really bad pneumonia. She almost died and they did some kind of emergency lung surgery to save her. She was young(32),no kids,no DH and a fairly low stress job she loved. She did have a bit of an eating disorder/compusive exercise problem(10-15lbs underweight)She weighed 100 vs 115 for her small stature but her body likes it around 120 at least sort of thing. I was surprised she got so sick so quickly. Pneumonia as I knew it growing up and hearing about it around Convie homes etc... is an elderly,very young child and damaged/stressed lung issue. My brother had asthma and got close to having it a couple times but no hospitalization back in the 80's and it wasn't too much of a surprise. My son was on the edge of having it (inflamed lungs minute build up) just a couple years ago. He's young and strong. These new strains of pneumonia are starting to make me nervous every time I get the sniffles. PJ

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Kathy, I am so sorry you were so sick. Pneumonia is scary to me.
    I'm so glad you are better

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Today is a better day. Someone droped the ball and none of the respitory equipment was ordered. I was on the phone all day.

During all of this,the scraiest thing was having the picc line put in. My veins kept collapsing so they surgerically in serted a line up my arm and into the arota. This is being used for the IV antibotic and blood work.

It was a very scarey night sitting up and breathing shallow breaths and praying. The oxygen is here and the "stuff" the clear the bronc. tubes will be available to pick up in about 30 mins.
    CA, no I am not well enough to pick on...yet. So I think it is still Carrie's turn!.
    I keep finding myself on the verge of tears. Maybe that is the steriods.

I sure love you guys!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

We love you, too, Kathy - and I can handle Carol Ann. You just take care of yourself, get better and I will bombard you with more brug cuttings.

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Carrie,
    I just walked out front. There were the two first brug. blooms! I guess they are the unk. pink. I was so excited. It's like you came to visit me.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

How terrible for you, Kathy. I'm glad you're getting better, and I know you'll keep getting better, just take good care of yourself and spoil yourself a lot!

Sally

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I am so glad they are blooming for you - makes it all worthwhile, doesn't it?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Kathy, I'm really sorry you're having to go through this. Get well soon and I wish I had sent you a plant that's blooming right now.

BTW, Carrie's a Dork!!!! Neener, Neener, Neener

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Well, let's see - there went the Vitex - wonder what else I will have to cut off the list?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehehe, I would cut everything and then start adding IF she straightens up, lol

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Girl, we did miss you. I had that stuff once. Horrid! I am sure a lot more sympathetic to asthmatics now.
    The steroids are making you tearful. I'd tell you they'll make you nuts too but, uh, well, you and the rest of us are already there.
    Just hang in. You need a nurse let me know, I'll come right up. Lots of experience with sucking snot, pic lines and respiratory treatments. Mom had a pic for 2 months.
    Stay out of the garden, the pollen isn't good for you right now. Obviously some of us have nothing to do so they can come pull the weeds for you.
    You know we're here for you!!
    Tally HO!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Carrie, I'm just trying to entertain poor Kathy and show her that I'm not picking on her cause she's sick.

You knows I luz ya!!!

Jolana, you big Goober.

Tally's right, Kathy we're all here for you and if it makes you feel any better I'll pick on Jolana too.

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

You best be just picking on your nose, lol
    cause I'm feeling like I could take you, hehehehehe

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Gimme another day or so and I'll be right back pickin' with the best of you.
    I am hoping I feel up to getting out on Saturday. This is the day my #1 GS does his eagle scout project. I need to go cheer him on as he lays a sidewalk for a church.

Y'all can always be depended on to cheer me...... one way or another.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, I am so glad you are helping me keep Carol Ann in tow --- what a handful!!! And Kathy, I can use your help also. I hope you get to go see that GS - sounds exciting!

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Good to know you're feeling better.
    They say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger - I'd bet your dang near bullet proof by now!

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Jolana, that sounds gross!!! YUK

Kathy, I hope you feel good enough to go see your GS.

Carrie, you know that I'm the good one....don't cha!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Describe "good one", Carol Ann .........LOL.

• natvtxn
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Good as compared to who?...whom?

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Compared to Pj. hahaha

Speaking of Pj...where is our baby brat!!!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

She's mowing grass that wont die no matter what!!! I'm Homeschooling too. Trying to encourage love of learning is really d*mn difficult! Actually, it's just time consuming. There is no hurrying the process! PJ