Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
zitro_joe

This year's X-mas card

zitro_joe
16 years ago

There was a submission grappling tournament this weekend in Abilene. Erin managed to catch a great action shot. I knew he was setting up for a single leg take down so I let him have it and I slipped in a front guillotine choke. I knew I had the choke in deep and I tightened it as hard as I could, but I didn't realize I lifted him off the ground by his neck.

I took first in my weight division and third in the absolute (no weight divisions).

One of my team members had video camera and I think he taped some of my matches, I'll try and post the videos later.

PJ- there was Kali full contact stick fighting, that stuff is vicious.

Comments (9)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Um like dude, I think you could kick my rear end even if I had my staff and had practiced quite a bit more. The guy on the right(sitting on the floor) is looking at you like,"I sure hope he didn't crush that dude's trachea". The guy on the the left("soldier" shirt) looks like,"Oh c**p hope I'm not next". LOL!
    Your wife takes great action shots!
    You did really,really well. I'd love to see you do your thing in person.
    I miss Kali. I can't find a place to practice Kali here in DFW. I'm kind of sad about it. Sticks are fun! Good job!
    BTW, I'm not sure if that captures the Christmas spirit. Then again, watching some people shop, it just might! :^) PJ

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

It is funny you mention that guy sitting on the floor. That is who I fought for first in my weight division. We were tied at the end of the regular match duration, then tied again after the first overtime. I pulled the win by points to end the 2nd overtime. I watched the video later and I was robbed 2 points on a takedown. I should have won in the regular timed match...oh well.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I really have to see one of these competitions! You guys really play rough! I forgot what you are studying. Ju Jitsu? Or Mixed MA? PJ

• bobbi_p
    16 years ago

OK, now really, show us the "real" Christmas Card shot with your little ones on it!

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Okay...
    That is not going t be the X-mas card.

This is!

Introducing ...

... the fighter in the pink corner: weighing in at 28lbs 6oz, up to a towering 37 inches. Undefeated at 3-0 (all boys)- ABIGAIL 'Da HeartBreaker' ORTIZZZZZZ.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Oh she is just sooooo cute!!!!! Her brother is gonna have some really rough competition! PJ

• bobbi_p
    16 years ago

Okay, getting closer.... I thought there was a brother in the family now. I vaguely remember a family reunion with sonogram pictures/tshirts or something announcing his certain arrival. I think I even remember some proud sister pictures after he was born (he is born, right?).

But, alas, I'm beginning to think we're not going to get to see the Norman Rockwell shot of the kids wearing Santa hats next to the family pet in front of the fireplace, are we????

• zitro_joe
    Original Author
    16 years ago

HERE HE IS! Elijah!

This is at a pumpkin patch party...

He had the sweetest Mohawk out of all the other 8 month old babies there!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

OMG! He's so BIG!!!!! Growin' like a weed only cute! LOL!PJ