Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

I'm so excited, I'm so excited, I'm so excited!

sally2_gw
17 years ago

My son and DIL are coming home for Thanksgiving, and my daughter might be able to come home, too! If that happens, it'll be the first Thanksgiving in 4 years that all my kids (my other son still lives locally) will be here for Thanksgiving. Yippeeee, Woohoo! I feel like a Hallmark Card commercial.

Sally

Comments (11)

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

SALLY, that is the BEST!!! I am soooo happy for you.
    I hope all will get to.
    I can't think of much better than having your family (babies, lol) home for the holidays

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Such a warm, contented feeling, Sally. I certainly hope this will be a special time for you.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Congratulations! That's wonderful news!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Yup. Once they get grown, those are rare occasions. Enjoy.

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yes, especially since my son is in the Navy. He's not always available to family. He and his wife have yet to be able to celebrate a wedding anniversary together.

Rick, when the kids were little, people kept telling us to enjoy them while we can, cause they'll be grown and gone before we know it. At the time, I thought they were exaggerating. Believe me, they weren't.

Sally

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

That's great news. I am happy for you especially since your son is military. No matter how any of us feel about the war, we appreciate our military people.

We spent many holidays alone. Because of the parents and step parents issue, I decided what ever day my children could be with us was "the" holiday.

The Christmas my oldest granddaughter was four, they were stationed in Abeline. We lived in San Antonio and my son's father lived in Kingsvile and my DIL's mother lived in Robstown.

The kids had their Christmas at home and then drove to SA. The next day we had our Christmas. The day after they drove to Robstown and had Christmans at my DIL's mother's house. They went to my ex's on Christmas morning and had Christmas.
    Soooooo,my granddaughter got up the day after Christmas expecting it all to happen again. She was a tad disappointed.

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

How nice.

Sally, I'm so happy for you.
    Carol

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

That is so nice! Does this mean it's time for me to get ready for Thanksgiving??PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

That is wonderful news, I know just how you feel.
    Our family is very small now so we don't do as much as we once did, plus my daughter and her husband divorced last year so holiday's have been whenever we're together.
    My ex-son in law is still part of our family after 12 years of marriage and going through all we have together he's like a son. The family went through a time when he was in the Army and at war in Iraq. Not to mention all the other times he had been deployed overseas for other mission's and missed countless holidays.
    Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving

• Bev__
    17 years ago

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you.
    Our kids are spread all over too.......so I really know how exciting it can be to all be together at once.

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

How funny, Natvtxn. I was thinking that's almost like Hannakah (sp?), having it last so many days. What fun, but what work, too.

Sally