Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carolann_z8

Happy Halloween

carolann_z8
16 years ago

Tomorrow PJ, Jolana and I are all going to Fredericksburg and staying two nights in a cottage that's supposed to be haunted.

We're not sure what we'll find when we get there but we're ready for anything and especially lots of laughs.

PJ wants to cleanse it with sage and Jolana wants to call the ghostbusters, lol

I thought I'd better make a few rules to keep us in line:

Rules for spooky house road trip:

1. Restroom visits are only on the buddy system. If someone must go to the bathroom in the middle of the night then we will go in pairs or maybe in threes depending on the house noises.

2. No one may scream unless absolutely necessary. You may not scream unless you see a ghost. No screaming thinking you see a deer outside or thinking you see Matthew McConaughey walking down the road.

3. Night lights must be on at all times (unless they start to flicker).

4. No pulling out firearms or knives for weird noises or translucent people.

5. If necessary twin beds may be pulled together.

6. If really necessary three people can fit in one queen sized bed. (the 3 Stooges did it)

7. Do not wear garlic around your neck. I was told this only works on Vampires.

8. Proper running Etiquette

If a person is being chased or thinks she is being chased then there is to be no pushing, tripping, hair pulling and it's especially good manners to not walk on top of a person if they fall down in the shuffle.

Comments (47)

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I'm telling you I'm wearing my best running shoes to bed! That might also help me in the shopping arena if I think about it.... LOL!PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

You better not go to sleep, lol

One of my friends said she dreamt Frank Sinatra's ghost was in her house, lol

I'm thinking it would be cool to have a ghost massuese, don't you think that would be nice, lol

Here is a link that might be useful: cool ghost pics

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Jolana, you must not have seen the movie "The Entity".

So, you gals gonna film your escapades? Never know.....might make a fortune if you get a really scary movie out of it.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

OMG, if it is that movie with Barbara Hershey a couple of decades ago, I couldn't watch it all the way through
    Is that it? I might have the titles mixed up
    If it is I hope the entity is John Lennon, LOL

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Just for a conversation, lol

What was that short film that the college kids filmed in the woods that everyone thought was true? It's interesting what is happening with film and the internet today

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

This is my favorite ghost.
    The Blair witch was lame. It was a bunch of drama queen kids that got a camera for Christmas. I've seen scarier cartoons! I have never seen "the entity". That would scare me!!!
    If we did film ourselves I think it would be more of a comedy than a scary movie. PJ

Here is a link that might be useful:

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

HAHAHAHA, pretty scary

Yes, Blair Witch, lol

here are some interesting pics

Here is a link that might be useful: pics

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Yes Jolana, that was with Barbara Hershey. Probably one of her 2 best films. The other is Last of the Dog Soldiers, which is my personal favorite.

Never saw Blair Witch, but it made a ton of money! The previews were obviously hokey to me.

More of an Alfred Hitchcock / Edgar Allen Poe fan, myself.

Ghosties and other critters, I haven't yet encountered, but ya never know. I have seen my share of strange stuff.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

LOVE Last of the Dog Soldiers, the kids got me the DVD.
    You can't beat Alfred Hitchcock!!!!

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jolana, those ghost pics. are really scary. Not PJ's. lol

I still think the old Halloween movie with Jamie Lee Curtis is a good one. That music still scares me.
    I haven't seen "The Entity".

Sometimes I accidently start watching a scary movie at night by myself because when I flip through the channels and find one then I can't turn it off because I'm too curious and end up having to watch an old "I Love Lucy" re-run to get it off my mind. lol

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Jolana, the scariest thing I ever saw, was an episode of Alfred Hitchcock, from the TV series, which was indeed, about a ghost, and not a nice one, either. (grin)

I think it was all the subliminal implication, that made it so scary.

There were some pretty cool things on Outer Limits, and the Twilight Zone, also, in their day.

The most scary stuff in real life, is still the human animal, though.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

I loved Outer Limits and Twilight Zone
    I think the scariest movie I remember seeing was The Haunting in 63 or 64, I need to get that and watch it after 40+ yrs and see if it is still scary. Any time they leave the spookies to my imagination it is one heck of a scary movie, lol

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The Halloween before last my DS,DIL, BIL and SIL went camping with my DH and I way out in the boonies. We all had our RVs parked near each other and I tried my best to get them to watch "The Hills Have Eyes" but no takers.

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Just as long as you aren't toting any large seed pods.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

I thought that was invasion of the body snatchers with the pods. Good golly that was the cheesiest movie ever!!! Slasher flicks freak me out. I can't stop doing counter combat moves in my head during the whole movie. It's pathetic. PJ

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

Which one is Moe? Larry? Curly?

(see #6)

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Hehehe, I'm Moe, he got to hit andpoke eyes,neh neh neht

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dibs on Curly!!!!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

OH, how I wish I were close enough to make sure you saw a ghost or two. Of course, you may anyway, so don't forget your cameras.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Carrie, you are ornery, lol we would see a ghost if you were there, LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Why Carrie, we'll soitenly find a ghost!
    NYUK NYUK NYUK

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Here's the charming cottage we'll be staying in:

• carrie751
    16 years ago

I cannot wait to hear the stories coming out of this. It should keep us entertained for some time to come... LOL. And with PJ sleeping in her running shoes, she may not get as many details as the two of you --- she is fast on her feet, you know.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

HAHAHA, yeah PJ is gonna miss alot running away, I'll probaly just be standing there with my mouth hanging open, lol
    They are going to get Carol tho

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

I'd bet any amount of money, that if PJ sleeps in her running shoes, 'someone' will tie her shoe laces together!
    Jim

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

HAHAHAHA, Jim, we are mature women but thanks for the idea, HEHEHEHEhe

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Carrie, these stories will be like fish stories. They'll change a little every time you hear about it. lol
    Good idea Jim....thanks!

We're about to leave so if you don't hear from us again, you'll know the ghosts got us.

• carrie751
    16 years ago

Well, send pics back first !!!!

• denisew
    16 years ago

Thanks for the good laugh with those rules. I'm looking forward to hearing from these ladies when they get back home. Maybe they'll have ghost pictures of their own to post here! ha-ha!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

The ghost was a prankster but not much for pictures. I had a wonderful time with 2 fantastic people. I laughed so hard and so much I constantly had to pee! PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

PJ, I had a blast too.

I had the most fun scaring Jolana. lol

It was so easy. lol

We went in this huge cemetery and looked at all the graves. There were some from the 16th century and a lot of them had iron fencing around the graves. When we got back to the cabin Jolana looks at her room and says "OMG...look at my bed". She had an iron bed that looked a lot like the iron fencing around the graves.

I just told her I'm sure glad I'm not sleeping there and laughed.

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Yeah Carol scared me good but the ghost was there, PJ heard it pacing in the loft and pounding on the wall
    I laughed so hard the whole weekend

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Forget the pacing and banging the wall!!! He tried to steal my dang truck! I was gonna re-kill that booger!
    We did laugh a lot. I think the folks there either thought we were stoned or just escaped from the nut hatch. PJ

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

PJ, the folks down there were all drunk on wine from the wine festival so we probably fit right in. lol

• new_in_texas
    16 years ago

Ahem.

Where are the pictures?

Thank you.

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I think the pictures disappeared like the ghosts. lol

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Ah ha. Invisible photos.

• sylviatexas1
    16 years ago

Did you take photos of the 16th century graves?

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I said 16th century when it was actually 18th century.

My bad!! lol

We took a few pictures but mostly of us goofing around.

There was a lot of erosion around the old graves and only dirt and gravel everywhere you looked but one grave had a fairly large native plant growing in it.

It was kind of sad. I forgot what the plant was.

Jolana, PJ...what was the plant?

• bossjim1
    16 years ago

Carrolann, was it Skullcap? Ha!
    Jim

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

16th century, hehehehe
    I was as bad I told DH 17th the first time, what's a couple of hundred years, lol

Skullcap, that's a riot
    I think it was Witches Thimble, lol

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

LOL...Jim,

No, I think it was the Corpse Plant. lol

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This weekend trip will be told for years and like a fish tale, it will grow and become more interesting as the years go by.

The ghosts will be more abundant, the house will be spookier, the cemetery will keep getting older, we'll all become braver and Jolana's screams will completely go away from the story all together.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

There was a water cane(?),Retama Tree, Desert Willow and a cool penstemon(guess) growing out of only ONE grave with marble/gravel. Some of the older/dirt graves had fruit trees or Cotton wood growing out of them. The oldest grave I saw was early 18th(1700's right?)
    My vote is Jolana's BLOOD CURDLING screams over the huge,demonically possessed plastic spider with a bloody severed ear is the future of this story. Carol,being as sweet and innocent as she is, was unaware of any hauntings(and certainly no plastic spiders named Melvin of all things). Meanwhile, the ever brave and strong PJ killed the ghost with a butter knife and tamed the spider who is her faithful pet to this day.The End. PJ

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

OH MY GAWD!!!! The ghost was trying to steal my truck, The ghost was trying to steal my truck,The ghost was trying to steal my truck,The ghost was trying to steal my truck,The ghost was trying to steal my truck
    Who kept saying that? LOL

• carolann_z8
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I tried to hear ghosts but PJ and Jolana screamed so loud I couldn't hear the ghosts.

You two scared poor little Melvin.

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

Melin is lucky to be alive. Once Jolana gets going...there could've been plastic legs flying everywhere...
    Jolana you were obviously overwrought and remember it all wrong! (That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)PJ