Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jolanaweb

The ultimate piece of junkmail

jolanaweb
14 years ago

Yesterday, in the mail DH received a key to his new car depending on whether the winning number matched the scratch off....It did, but I guess the is more to do when you get to the dealer, lol

My mail was a FREE Pre-paid Cremation......YEA!

I had changed my mind a few years ago and decided to go that way and figured DH and the kiddos could save money that way and buy a bunch of trees instead but now it could be free, we are the luckiest people I have heard of this morning, lol

Comments (17)

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

You mean that is the first time you have gotten that mail?

It has become rather redundant, in my mail box.

The only way i am getting anything of any real value, that I haven't paid for, is if I really do have an unknown rich relative somewhere, which has odds of at least a couple billion to one.

Even the lottery has a cost, and over time, it can mount up.

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Yup, if my husband and myself had taken up every offer we've received of a free cremation, we'd both be little ashes!

• little_dani
    14 years ago

I have never been offered a free cremation! I would like to have one! Free, that is, and when the time is right. Not right now.....

It is probably like the car key deal......or the time share deal (free, too).....

Janie

• justintx
    14 years ago

If you think you're getting a free cremation, does that make you a dumb ash?

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HAHAHAHA, uh yeah, JD, I think that is exactly what I would be
    Aren't you smokin today and you didn't even get a free cremation offer.

Janie, I wonder what gets people on that list.....age? Are the hospitals or pharmacies selling info? LOL DH? LOL

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

dumb ash indeed!
    (Computer screen got a free bath...)

Dallas News columnist Mary Ficklin used to write about growing up on a ranch, seems like it was in the Panhandle, during the hard times of the 30's.

Times were so hard that her mother took in sewing.

Then one year her elementary school class got to go to the State Fair;

her mother gave her a quarter & told her to be careful.

so Mary & her bestest friend spent their quarters in about 15 minutes & walked around looking at everything.

They discovered that the Singer Sewing Machine booth had a drawing;
    fill out a card & you could win a brand new sewing machine!

So she & her bestest friend snitched handfuls of the entry cards & sat by the canal & spent the rest of the day filling them all out with her mother's name.

Those little girls stuffed the entry box!

A week later, her mother came back from the mailbox with a puzzled expression on her face;
    she had received 30 or 40 cards notifying that she had won *Second Prize* in the drawing!

Second Prize was...
    a $10 discount on a new Singer Sewing Machine.

• justintx
    14 years ago

its amazing (and sad) how many people STILL fall for some of these gimmicks.
    Well, gotta go - must visit a resort to get the new car I won (or a prize worth at least $1500).
    TTYL
    j.d.

• carrie751
    14 years ago

You guys aim too high ........... I just go for the "free" chicken wrap at Chickfilet ............LOL>

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

J,D. that is known as a "discount on purchases". Never mind they already inflated the price to cover it.

• justintx
    14 years ago

rick - ain't that the truth?!?!
    carrie - so......I'm an over achiever --- when it comes to being duped??????
    ;-)

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

Here's a question for ya....we all know that coupons are used to give "temporary" discounts on items, because women LIKE coupons. (They feel like they are getting something for nothing....which we all know isn't true.)

What if, everyone refused to use coupons, would manufacturers put the for real price on things??

• jolanaweb
    Original Author
    14 years ago

No, they would just try to find another way to get it us

• carrie751
    14 years ago

I would NEVER say something like that about you, JD !!!!!

• carolann_z8
    14 years ago

FREE PLANTS

Just mail in the $50. shipping fee or call 1-800-SUCKER

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Noone has offered to creamate me either, or give me a car. Though they do offer me that cruise a lot, just tour our whatever. I called one cause it said they were in Galveston, but when pressed they couldn't tell me where the place was, the address given for the company is in a block on a street that doesn't exist. They weren't happy that I pointed out to them they were sitting in the Gulf of Mexico and were they going to send a boat to get us? At least give a GOOD fake address if you are mailing to the same city you claim you live in.

Only about 6% of coupons are redeemed, it's getting higher with the economy but it's a win-win for the company. I ALWAYS use coupons, I never go to the grocery, drug, discount stores without mine, match coupons with ads. I love Walgreens & CVS, register rebates and bonus bucks rock! I also change pharmacies whenever they offer a $25 gift card for transferred or new prescriptions.
    Tally HO!

• seamommy
    14 years ago

I've found that if I use coupons I buy stuff that I don't usually need or use. It's fun to try new stuff, but I use mostly basic foods and products so all the fancy stuff is just frills. And it costs more, even if I do use a coupon.

Junk mail goes in the shredder and out to the compost bins. Cheryl

• wally_1936
    14 years ago

Yes it sure does have a use as you said landfill but in your own soil beds. I don't even shred them just soak them and put them into my beds. They can also be used to make your own seed starter pots. As for Coupons, we can get what we want off the internet if we look. I never enter any contest as now they are only a way of contacting you and trying to sell something. There was a day when it did mean you could realy win something of value.