Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Scary Stories & Real Life Mysteries

sylviatexas1
17 years ago

Halloween is just around the corner, waiting to pop out & go "Boo!" & scare the bejeebers out of us.

texasgardenlady just posted this Twilight Zone-esque message on another thread:

"The house next door was spookey too. The people who lived there had just vanished, and for quite a while you could open the door and see their cups and plates on the table where they left them."

can't think of anything that chilling to post my own self right now (coffee, sylvia, pour some more coffee), soooo...

who wants to add the first reply?

Comments (44)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Ok, where y'all at?

remembered a true story:

My aunt's a little fey.
    Well, lots of my aunts are a little fey, but Ruth is the only one that would ever talk about it.

Her brothers, my Uncle Sterling & my Uncle John, both died young.

Every so often, she would say something like, "Well, Sylvia, I talked to John last night. He said everything would be all right & I wasn't to worry."

At first, it would sort of raise the hair on the back of my neck, but I got used to it.

& besides, sure enough, every time she said this, something upsetting would happen, somebody would be at risk, a crisis would occur, etc. & every time, it would turn out okay.

Years went by, & everybody got older.

Ruth's husband, who had been in poor health for a long time, was in the hospital.

Ruth wouldn't leave his side.

Finally, Robert told her to go home & take a shower & take a nap.
    He said, "Honey, I love you, but I've got to get some rest."

so she went home, took a shower, & lay down for a nap.

She said she knew when she woke up that Robert was gone, because, "John & Sterling both came to see me. They've never come together before. They told me not to worry, that they would take care of Robert."

& of course she was right.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Convie homes are full of wierd stuff. Stuff moves by itself,there are wierd inexplicable noises and they even have "killer beds".We had this one bed that if you put a patient in it they'd be dead within a day. No joke. It caused such a ruckus the hospital admin agreed to actually put it outside until it could be disposed of. These hospital beds were expensive and the hospital was cheap.They still agreed to ditch that bed and put it outside. (It just sat on the back lot for about a week. No one would go near it.)
    Stuff frequently moved without anyone or anything touching it. More than one person at a time would see it. Sometimes we talked about it. It was so common we'd laugh (nicely knowing how wierd it was at first)at newbies that got freaked by it.
    It was a really creepy place at night especially PJ

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

One year when we were young, we were full of energy and had our own very small manufacturing company. We decided to move to up to Oklahoma, and I went on a scouting trip to find a proper buiilding to rent. I was driving up I-35 and spotted the perfect size building to the west of the highway down in a little valley area. It was obviously empty, no cars in the lot, and the right size. I noted the exit and continued my trip. When I returned, I gave the exit# to my DH so he could inspect the property. When I got a call from him, he said something I didn't believe. He said the building was completely invisible from the highway because it was behind a rise covered with trees. And you could not possibly see that building from the highway. That was true.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

While I was in the hospital with pneumonia a nurse came in and asked, "Do you know Floy?". I looked at her and said yes I did. She looked over her shoulder towards the door and then she just disappeared/vanished.
    Floy was my RN friend/mother figure who died a year ago March and left her car to my grandson.
    The next morning Daddy called to make sure I was ok. He said he turned the tv off and headed down the hall to bed and he heard me calling him. This happened at approximately the same time that Floy was in the hall.

• beachplant
    17 years ago

No ghosts here. If any do show up I expect them to get up there and clean the cobwebs in the corners and do the ceiling fans.
    What? They can fly, they have rags, certainly if they want to hang around they can be useful.

Though my friend Neil lived in a house that was supposedly haunted. He and his brother never saw or heard anything but others would tell the same stories, people that didn't know each other or hadn't heard the storied. Seems a sea captain built the place and didn't really like women.

Funny thing, the house on the opposite corner was sold to a woman from out of town. On Halloween one year she told the story to the Galveston News. Guess what? It was word for word the story that had been printed out NEILs house a few years earlier!

Neil never could explain the stories people told but like I said he and his family lived there for years and never saw a thing.

Now there are great ghost stories in Galveston, even a ghost tour. It's fun to go and laugh. One story, the woman was killed..blah.blah..comes back..blah..blah.. Well, when this woman was supposed to have been killed, that spot was UNDERWATER! So no wonder she died! We almost got thrown off the tour for laughing so much.

Tally HO!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

"They can fly, they have rags, certainly if they want to hang around they can be useful."

If I were a ghost, I'd stay away from your house!

A woman I worked with years ago told me this:

When she was a teen-ager, she had a necklace that meant a lot to her (can't remember why, seems like it was a gift from a grandmother?).

The necklace went missing.

She tore up her room, her closet, the bathroom, the car, the kitchen, no luck.

took the bed apart, turned the couch upside down, nothing.

The necklace was gone.

Months later, as she was getting ready for school, she saw something glinting on her pillow.

& there it lay.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Way back when I was married to my first husband he and I had rented an apartment we were 18 at the time. The manager of the apartments claimed to be a witch of course I laughed it off thinking she was just a little strange or nuts. This manager started bring food over to me during the day when my husband was at work but she would tell me it was for my husband and for me not to eat it in fact told me I better not eat it.
    At night I would hear chanting coming from the basement. One night I was folding and hanging clothes up and when I went to the closet to hang up the clothes I heard a haaaa and felt hot air go across my face this scared the living day lights out of me. I ran down stairs out the door to call my grandmother. I told her what happened and granddaddy came and got me. I never went back to that place, I wouldn't go back.
    The closet had no vents, no window so there was no way that hot air could have come from there, what it was I'm not sure and I never wanted to know.
    Could it have been the manage using witch craft I don't know.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

Well Barb, don't leave us hanging....did your used-to-be-husband eat the food?

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

y'all are giving me chills ;-)

• beachplant
    17 years ago

I think Barb ate it. That's why she got so hot.
    Tally HO!

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

so barb, what happened to the ex?

moved in with the manager?

turned into a punkin?

(or is he a "late" rather than an "ex"???)

Bwaaaa Haaaa Haaaa Haaaa Haaaa

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

...or maybe, the manager turned him into a *rat*.

which is why Barb dumped him...

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Tsk Tsk....She was probably a naughty Witch doing a love spell! If he turned out to be a total rat I hope she got him! Teach her for messing where she doesn't belong! PJ

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Okay, Barb, we're still waiting......

NativeTxn, did you guess that Floy was in the hall, and that's who the nurse was looking at before she disappeared, or was the nurse that asked you that Floy? I wonder if she was there to take care of you?

I don't know if this counts as scary, but a couple of days before my mother passed away, she smiled at something, and asked me who that child was. Now, my mother had both cancer and alzheimers, and had really started to live in the past, and was otherwise loosing her mind, so I didn't think anything of it. However, I told the hospice nurse about it the next time she visited. The nurse was very interested/ingrigued that my mother had seen a child. She told me that her patients frequently "see" children shortly before they pass away. Sure enough, it was only a couple of days later that my mother passed away. I don't know if it was the alzheimers or something else that caused this particular vision. I also don't know why others see children like that. Maybe they are there to give comfort. Maybe it's the patients' minds playing tricks on them. Who knows.

Sally

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I felt very much that Floy was outside my door. The nurse did not walk back to the door, she just disappeared/evaporated.
    Floy told people that I was her daughter by choice, so I know she would try to take care of me.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

LOL......Your right he is a rat and still is a rat but he was a rat even before we ran into this witch.
    My ex did eat the food, after I moved out he stayed on at the apartments and he said that the woman raped him. I don't know if it's true but I know he wouldn't have done anything with her cause she was in her 50's ugly and very large.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

LOL! That might have been a scary story for him.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

OK, most of you might remember that I posted the following last October, but just in case you don't remember, here it goes again.

I used to live and work in Tallahassee, Florida. Back in the mid-'70's, I worked in the Old Leon County Jail just down from the Capital Building. I worked for the State Archaeologist. We had lots of artifacts down in the basement including the remains of Indians. Some were still in the dirt.

When I went to work there in 1973, I had heard that the building was haunted, but I did not believe the stories. It didn't take me long to become a believer though. Windows and doors would open and close, the copy machine would turn on by itself, footsteps were heard, things would move with no one in sight, strange sounds were often heard down in the basement when no one was in the basement, and one man told me he was knocked down by an unseen force on the landing of the basement stairs.

The old cells were still there and some of the employees that worked back in the cells would feel someone/something tap them on the shoulder, and when they turned around to see whom/what had tapped them, well, . . .no one was in sight.

I was working late one evening, around 11:00 p.m. typing a term paper for school. I had an old radio on the wide window sill behind my chair. It worked unless someone would step behind me thus interfering with the signal, at which time only static could be heard. Well, all at once I heard only static and the hair went up on the back of my neck because I sensed one of the ghosts was between me and my radio. So I yelled at it to get out of the room and leave me along because I had work to do. Immediately my radio came back on. After a while I became at ease with the situation and never felt threatened.

Then in 1994, I took my husband there to meet some of the employees. The building had been remodeled. When some of the new employees realized that I used to work there, they all wanted to talk to me and wanted to know if strange things happened back then because it was still going on. My husband was standing in the hallway and an employee asked him if he needed any help. My comic husband replied, "No. I'm just standing here waiting for the ghost." Well he immediately felt a cold draft rush by him even though no doors or windows were opened at that time and no A/C vent was anywhere nearby. He is now a believer too.

The following comments about the Old Leon County Jail are from some website:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE OLD LEON COUNTY JAIL
    TALLAHASSEE, FLORIDA.
    This old county jail has been closed for years and used as a storage facility; but evidentially the spirits of former jailhouse inmates did not get the word of the closing. According to many, the spirits of dead inmates still haunt the old building. People have reported being touched, or pushed, by unseen hands, and eerie moans coming from the walls. Numerous people have reported unexplained pounding sounds inside the walls. A medium, who went there to conduct a "test" snce, cut short the session due to the presence of "evil feelings."FACT OR FANTASY? Those who have personally experienced the paranormal side of the old jail, swear that their experiences were real.

Old Leon County Jail -- Reports of being pushed, hearing pounding on the walls and cell doors opening and closing are a few of the activities that have been encountered here.

Do I believe in the afterlife here on earth? OH, yes, very much so!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Tally-Ho, I don't think I would have stuck around for that job, am scared of ghost, I don't want anything to do with them. I know they are dead but they just creep me out.
    Now watch me come back as a ghost when I die LOL.
    We lived in a haunted house once, I was 12, it never showed itself to me but gave my mom trouble LOL.
    It walked on her bed and made noises but I heard that it turned mean or something cause my cousin lived next door and the house was empty but he saw the lighting coming on a night. He called the police and when they got there one went inside the house to check it out but didn't get very far before running out saying this is a ghost inside.
    Do you really want to know what happened to the ghost, it's strange but true, Two guy's moved into the house and they seem to have no problems with any ghost, guess the ghost didn't believe it's eyes seeing to guy's together.
    I didn't believe my mom all those years till my cousin had this happen now I believe.
    Another ghost story: I was living in a house over in Diamond Hill my kids were 6 and 7 years old, We'd hear noises but nothing strange. Our phone would beep a lot at time but my bed room was always cold, then one time the kids and I came home and soon as we came in I went straight for the kitchen just as I stepped foot in the kitchen the radio came on and I yelled at the kids for turning it on so loud. Both said they did not touch the radio and they looked scared. The house was a very old farm house with no cloestes. I don't know if there was a ghost for sure but I didn't like living there after these thing's started happening.
    A funny story:
    When my grandmother past on I feared she would come see me the night after her burial, she told me the when someone dies they usually come back if there was something they wanted to say to a person. I hadn't been there when she past, she lived in Denver and I lived here.
    My sister and I drove up there to go to the funeral we both had our kids with us and we stayed at my cousin house in the basement, Well, they had a fell length mirror in the hallway after we'd all gone to bed I woke up and had to go use the rest room, when I got to the hallway I saw something a person I was scared oh I don't want to see no ghost I didn't want my grandmother coming to see me, not remembering the mirror in the hallway I was about to go in my pants right there, then I realized I was seeing myself in the mirror. I was never so relieved in my life.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Barb, I'm sorry, but that's so funny!

I've done the exact same thing, scaring myself going to the bathroom & seeing "someone" in the mirror!

A lot of these stories mention the odd behavior of electrical appliances: radios playing, lights blinking, etc.

I've read that the energy of the spirits of those who've passed on are evidenced via electronic or electrical impulses, & that, when a spirit is present, electrical appliances often do odd things.

A friend once told me that the last thing her mother sent her was a Christmas card that played a carol *when you opened it*.

Her mom died unexpectedly right before Chrismas that year, & my friend was devastated.

She said she would walk through her house like a zombie, stunned by grief, praying that her mother would somehow communicate, somehow let her know that she was "okay".

One night she was walking through the hall when she heard music.

So she went looking for the source (this friend has lots more moxey than sylvia does!)

She finally traced the music to the musical card, lying *closed* where she had left it on her coffee table.

When she realized that the music was coming from the card, it stopped.

She said that she felt that her mother had sent her a message & that she felt a sense of peace & acceptance.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Sylvia, I've heard of thing's happening like that but I'm not one to invite them LOL.
    I can understand the grief, When my grandmother was ill I just had a feeling that she would pass on a holiday I felt that for a year before she passed on. I kept telling her please don't pass on christmas this would make every christmas from then on painful, easter came and I wasn't ready to let her go, then fourth of July was fastly coming up and I told her ok I realize that you need to go and she passed on that fourth of July 1989. I had never felt a grief like I had with her passing and it took me years to get over it. Good thing time does heal. I still miss her she and I had a special bond in a funny way. When I was a teen I had no place to go and she always took me in.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Mother died in May of 03 and I bought a black toy poodle in Sept. I kept his crate next to my bed. One day one of the the other dogs would not go inside the door of my room. This went on for a day. Finally I called my psycic friend and she said it was Mother in there (They had several black poodles over the years) She said she was looking at the puppy, but that she was mad at me for some reason. Which was not unusual, she was always mad at me over something. So I walked in there and said, " isn't he a cute puppy, Mother? I don't know what you are mad about, But I Love you and it is time for you to go away". After that Cody would go in my room.

After my husband died my friend said any time something strange happened with a clock that it would be him visiting. (This makes me cry to type this.) Several days after I came home from the hospital the atomic clock would have the wrong day for a couple hours and the be right again. Finally I said I am fine honey, don't worry about me. In the two years he has been gone this has happened about 5 times. I always tell him I love him, too.
    Now y'all will really think I am crazy. LOL

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

NAH your not crazy, Kathy you fit right in with the rest of us :)
    Hug's for you (((Kathy)))

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Oh thank G-d!!!

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

No way are you crazy Kathy! Think outside of the box and some out there might think that "we" are crazy, but we know better don't we?

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

what box?

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

Hehehe
    I want y'all to know, I don't have a scary story but today when we got back from the Drs I took a nap and had a dream /nightmare abouta couple of these stories that my mind combined, lol
    hehehe

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

ltcollins, I do remember your posting that once before, & it reminds me:

There was a documentary on tv a number of years ago about a building where things like that happened.

When the tv team investigated the building's history, they learned that it had once been a prison with a very bad reputation for prisoner abuse & torture, where the bodies of prisoners were taken out at night & disposed of somewhere else.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Jolana,

Don't be having those bad dreams, OK?

Sylvia,

Box, yea what box? HA!

Well I'm sure that there are lots of prisons that are allegedly haunted, including the Old Leon County Jail and Alcatraz.

I do know that some mediums went to the Old Leon County Jail, and they were frightened away. And I remember that they told us that there was a minimum of something like 36 deaths reported in the old jail.

It would have been terrible to have been imprisoned there. Back when it was a prison, there was no A/C and the cells were about 10' by 10' with two twin bunks and a sink between the two bunks. And rumor has it that the sounds that used to come from the prisoners in the jail were terrible.

I'm glad that I don't work there any longer.

And on the Travel Channel on Friday evenings they always have their "haunted stories". Some can really give you the shivers.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

This isn't a ghost story but mystery dreams. About 15 years ago I had a dream about a long lost cousin of mine. I was about 11 or 12 when he left.
    He had left home never to return till he died. I dreamt that he had died but didn't connect the dream becoming real. Two weeks went by then I got a call from my sister telling me that he had past away and his mom and dad had to fly him back home from Ca.

Another dream that I had was of my great niece, she was only about a month old when I dreamt this, but I was holding her and I had a fear something was going to happen to her and she looked up at me saying everything was ok and I didn't believe her and she said no it will be ok and not to worry about her.
    About a week or so later I get a call from my sister that the baby's mom fell asleep while heating water on the stove in the middle of the night, My niece woke up and then got her mom up and they ran outside, thankfully nothing caught fire but there was a lot of smoke, bad smoke they had to move out of the house till it was cleaned up.

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

I once had a friend who would dream about people and then they would die. I told her if she ever dreamed about me please don't tell me.
    She died in 2003, so she won't be dreaming about me.....I hope

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Dreams can mean lots of different things. Just watch Ghost Whisperer or Medium which is coming back on NBC in November.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Speaking of dreams, did y'all hear that terrible story of the 2 teens on a motorcycle that endoed off the high five in Dallas? The day before it happened was my day off, I took a nap and had a bad dream that I was flying off one of the interchange bridges and falling, took a really long time and I woke myself before hitting the ground. It shook me up....I've been pretty stressed lately and get shaken easily though. I told my hubby about the dream. The next morning, he woke me and told me that my dream happened....the story was on the news. I just cannot tell y'all how much that story has freaked me out.

Now who's a nut?

Pam

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Speaking of dreams, did y'all hear that terrible story of the 2 teens on a motorcycle that endoed off the high five in Dallas? The day before it happened was my day off, I took a nap and had a bad dream that I was flying off one of the interchange bridges and falling, took a really long time and I woke myself before hitting the ground. It shook me up....I've been pretty stressed lately and get shaken easily though. I told my hubby about the dream. The next morning, he woke me and told me that my dream happened....the story was on the news. I just cannot tell y'all how much that story has freaked me out.

Now who's a nut?

Pam

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Pam you are stuttering!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    17 years ago

Ooops.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Anybody believe in fairy guardian angel godmothers?
    or the ability of the brain to sense & avoid impending disaster?

A woman at the ceramic shop told me this:

"I was driving home one evening, & the car (I had a Lincoln at the time) turned in at Brahams.
    I sat there wondering why I was there, since I didn't need milk or bread, & I hadn't even thought about an ice cream.

Oh, well, as long as I'm here, I'll get a gallon of milk & save myself a stop tomorrow.

I probably delayed my trip home by only about 5 minutes.

I drove out of the parking lot & saw the emergency lights:
    A Lincoln, same make & model as mine, had been broadsided by a tractor-trailer.
    It had happened while I was inside the store."

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Wow, Sylvia good thing you pulled into the place and got milk away instead of pulling right back out.
    I have had thing's like that happen, once long long ago I was stopped at a red light, when it turned green I just sat there for a few seconds longer as if something was holding me back keeping me from going, All of a sudden a truck ran the red light at about 50 Miles or so. When it happened my first thought was .....That's why I didn't go as soon as the light turned green.....I was sure glad whatever it was held me back, my kid's were only tot's at the time and being back in the 70's I didn't have them in car seat's so they could have been hurt really bad.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Barb, it wasn't me, it was the lady at the ceramics shop who told me the story.

sent shivers up my spine!

See, your kind of experience is what I was trying to get at:

that "something" that makes us pause,
    or take a different street,
    or stop at the ice cream place,
    something we had no intention of doing ("the car turned in at Brahams")...

I had a similar shivery experience one Christmas Eve night many many years ago.

I was at home, comfortably "in" for the night, had everything wrapped, car had been fueled & serviced, there was food in the fridge & specials on tv.

So, just like a little mechanical doll, I picked up my car keys & went to the mall.

I walked around in a fog, puzzled, thinking I *must* be looking for something.

Finally, at Penney's, I found some sort-of cute sweaters, but there weren't even any in my size!

I took one to the cashier to ask her if there were any more in the back.

*Why* would I even ask???

Because if I hadn't asked, I wouldn't have been there.

The woman in front of me had 2 little boys.

There was a big heavy display of some sort just to the side of the cash register, it must have weighed about a million pounds.

& the woman & the cashier were intently going over some code that they needed to enter to get the right price, or some such.

The boys were playing, horsing around, & one of them bumped the display.

& it rocked...& fell forward.

I dropped the sweater & pushed upwards on the display unit, & the cashier & the boys' mother dropped what they were doing & pulled it back up.

The mom thanked me & made a fuss & the little boys stood there with their eyes wide open.

& I put the sweater back on the rack & went home.

• marilyn_c
    17 years ago

Sylvia, I have posted this on other forums, so you may have read it before. It isn't exactly a ghost story, just something strange.

When we bought this place, we waited a year before moving here, waiting on my daughter to graduate from high school. But we moved the horses here, so every evening, I would drive down here to feed the horses. We had built a work shop and there was a refrigerator in it, and we came down and worked on the place sometimes and had cook outs.

One afternoon I came down a little early to mow the grass.
    I brought two Dr. Peppers. I was drinking one, and went to put the 2nd one in the fridge, but noticed it needed cleaning out. So, I cleaned out the refrigerator, leaving only some salad dressing, ketchup...a few condiments. I put my 2nd Dr. Pepper front and center in the fridge.

After mowing the grass, and feeding the horses, I came back inside to get my soda for the drive home. It wasn't there.
    I was thinking maybe I had already taken it out, so I went outside and looked on the picnic table. Not there. I came back in and again, looked in the fridge. Not there. I was really thirsty and it was getting late. One more time...outside, looked all around. Not there. Once more looked in the fridge...nothing there but the few bottles of salad dressing, etc. In other words, practically empty.

Finally, gave up. I locked the building, locked the gate and drove home without it.

The next day I came down to finish mowing. Again, I brought two Dr. Peppers. I took one in the shop to put it in the fridge. Opened the door....front and center, the Dr. Pepper from the night before!

Now, why wasn't it there the day before? Where did it go?
    I was the only person there...I have no neighbors and I was far out in the country.

My husband and daughter laughed at me. Like I had just over looked it.

A few years passed and my daughter was going to college in Houston, and living in an old apartment building across from the college. She got ready for a date one night, and went to put her compact in her purse. She had left it on the edge of the sink in her very tiny bathroom. Wasn't there.
    She looked everywhere for it. Came back later that night, went in the bathroom, and there it was on the edge of the sink. So...now she believes me about the Dr. Pepper, but where do things like that go???

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I dunno, Marilyn, but I have heard of that happening to others.

& you're a level-headed, realistic person, like the woman whose story I posted on the 13th.

Although that woman looked like Barbie, she had a mind like a laser beam & a temperament like a stainless steel machine.

& her necklace disappeared.

& re-appeared.

wonder if something likes to play jokes on logical people?

(In a kind of the reverse of this, texasgardenlady, another realistic/pragmatic type, saw a building that her husband said *couldn't* be seen!)

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Happy Halloween!

Here's a scary story:

image hosting site

• kelso_2012_yahoo_com
    13 years ago

One day I had a really bad headache so I decided to call in sick to work. My husband went to work so I was stuck in out old vintage-looking appartment alone. After watching TV for a while I decided to take a nap. My head was still hurting pretty badly. I woke up to hear a scratching noise on my door, which was wierd because we had no animals. I opened the door to find nothing and went back to sleep. (The appartments we lived in were always getting broken into because they were so old) I woke up again to a scratching noise outside my door. I looked and no one was there. I left the appartment frightened and called the police. The police searched my appartment and found a man who had just robbed a convenient store in my hall closet. Why or if he was scratching my bedroom door I will never know.

• ltcollins1949
    13 years ago

YIKES! Much scarier than a ghost!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting