Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tina_2_gw

RE a little advice.....

tina_2
17 years ago

Hi all. Couldn't get, any information on the ''craft forum'', so I am trying here. I will be doing, my very first craft fair in Nov. I am looking for the little potpourri simmer pots, that plug in ( to have some of my fragrance) ''wafting'' in the air. Hope to draw people to my table. Also, need advice on setting up my craft table. I will have a beautiful floral table skirt w/ coordinating table cover ( table is 8- foot long).I will be selling body butter, lip gloss, scented & unscented soap, skin conditioner, body glitter,body wash, bath sachets & room fresheners. So far- I will have small shelves set up on the table, to bring products up to eye level (was told that would help). Soaps will be in rustic baskets. Small potted herbs will be put out, as some products are made with herbs. A tray of samples, with qtips for trying out products. Gift bags full of products, ready

for xmas. So, what else do I need? Tell me what you think.

Oh, since there will be no refreshments at this all day event.I will be offering sodas & ''homemade'' chocolate chip cookies. I would really, appreciate any advice.

Thank you all. tina_2

Comments (5)

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Those can be found almost anywhere potpurri is sold. If you are near a Garden Ridge store, you might try there.

I think candle shops might also have them.

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

business cards!

Repeat business is a wonderful thing.

Don't put your home address on your cards, just your business name, email address, & a phone number, preferably one that can't be traced to your home via criss-cross or online directory.

On the back (keeps the front "clean" & gives you more space to advertise), list several of your products, with maybe a blurb about the natural, pure, or fresh ingredients, just to jog the customer's memory.

I like strings of twinkle lights twined through a frosty garland at the edge of the table:
    draws attention & suggests Christmas-time gift-giving...
    but doesn't take up counter space.

I'd also *strongly* recommend that you take a helper.

Not only will you have the occasional rush, but you'll also have to take breaks, & there *are* people who look for a distracted merchant & steal stuff.

It sounds like fun!

Tell us when & where?

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Good luck. Used to do craft fairs in Hawaii. I strongly suggest taking a helper too. You gotta go to the bathroom sometime!
    Take a chair for yourself too. And some magazines or orders or something when it's slow.
    Sell a bunch!
    Tally HO!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I sold crafts in San Francisco for awhile. It was fun. My advice is to dress up a bit. Nobody is interested in buying from a scroungy looking salesperson. I'd recommend attractive/comfortable clothes,make up if you wear it(sun block!), and a simple but attractive hair style. We also matched our table (Right down to hair accessories!) and our table matched the season. (Fall colors at that time.)The lady and I were both very out going and drew in a lot of people with our personalities. An outgoing young woman with a good personality can attract guys to the table to buy stuff "for their sister/aunt/mother". So if you know any sweet teens looking for a couple bucks for helping you'll be able to go to the bathroom and get extra customers. PJ

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Hey, teener!

Isn't it this week-end?

Are you getting excited?

Is your stomach full of butterflies?
    If so, make sure you have lots of host plants for caterpillers!

I have the flyer you gave me, hope I can make it to the craft fair, I just love those things, especially at this time of year!