Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sylviatexas1

Long Britches!

sylviatexas1
17 years ago

Brrrrr!

It's really really finally at long last....October.

wearing my first jeans of the season today!

Comments (10)

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Me too. I promise (maybe) not to whine about being stuck inside while it's cold too often! My plants *sigh* have about another month to be happy(they like the cooler weather) until most of them turn into dry,brown twigs for the season. Boo hoo.PJ

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Me too! I am wearing a pair of Pink Stretch Jeans because I've gained too much weight this summer and the others don't fit me. But they are jeans nonetheless. And besides, I'm a pink person!

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Hey PJ maybe we can put britches on our plants to keep them around a bit longer (sigh).Yep the plants are loving this cooler weather as much as we are. Once winter really set's in I know I'll be longing for spring. I'll be waiting in my cozy house through out the long winter wondering what plant will survive. Which one will make a come back. I've made some changes here as of lately and now look forward to next spring to see the turn out.
    I got around to making a new flower bed on the west side of the house, so far I've planted three salvias two red and hot lips and a white butterfly bush, hope the BB makes it through, I've been told that sometime they don't make it through the winter. I still want to put something on the other side of the bed but not sure what I want there. I've though about a vine of some sort, or a Brazilian rock rose there.
    Sylvia, I even wore a long sleeved top which is rare for me.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Barb, you are really turning out those beds! You're an inspiration!I don't think my neighbors would be surprised if I put britches on my plants! Frighteningly enough I don't think my family would either! LOL! :^) PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

OK, PJ If you do put pants on your plant's I want your addy so I can come see it HEHEHEHEHE
    Good thing I have a limit to my yard or I'd end up with more than I can handle. The new bed is water conservative so I don't have to worry about watering and still have a pretty flower bed. I've been thinking of putting red yucca there too.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I'll call it the "pants plant" (ug!)I love xeric plants. They usually look good with so little effort on my part. PJ

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Are y'all making sure there are no fahraints in those new flowerbeds?

I hate to think of ants in the plants' pants.

Hey, barb, did you say you need a red yucca?

I just happen to have one I can put your name on.

lemme know.

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Thank you Sylvia, I'll take you up on the yucca. I'm hoping to have the bed looking good come spring time but have to be careful what I put there cause I'll be running out of room fast. I just isn't fair so little room and so many beautiful plants to have.
    Part of my back yard is looking naked since I've brought in my plants but my house is full again HAHAHAHA.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

I swear Silvia, every time someone even mentions that they might want a plant, you up and offer 'em one! Are you pullin' 'em out of a hat, or conjurin' 'em up?

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Don't I wish I could pull plants outta my hat!

I went on a little road trip earlier this month, to the First Ever Master Gardeners Belton, Texas Autumn Plant Swap, got there late-ish...

& they sent me home with all their leftovers!

Bwaaaa Haaaaaa Haaaaa!

I gave almost a whole flat of century plants to Bobbie, for the gardens at the Cowboy Church in Waxahachie, & I still have a few more, plus some red yucca, & a flat of candlestick plants (can you over-winter those things? sure hope so!), all of which I'm going to take to the Ft Worth Autumn Swap!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz