Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

handyman

carrie751
13 years ago

Does anyone know of a handyman in the DFW area willing to bid on disassembling a greenhouse in Euless and reassembling it in Copper Canyon?

THANKS.

Comments (19)

• rick_mcdaniel
    13 years ago

You might get a landscaping company to do that.

Can't refer anyone specific, though.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Rick !!

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

That would be me.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Email me..............

• melvalena
    13 years ago

well look at that!!! I hope it works out for both of you.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It has, Mel, and what a great find this was..........

• bossjim1
    13 years ago

Carrie, I would really like to see pictures of your greenhouse when it's finished.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You've got it, Jim. Mike did not get to work all day yesterday as I had my annual brug cutting event, and he helped with that. He is doing such a good job, it is going to be attractive as well as serviceable.

• rick_mcdaniel
    13 years ago

Glad to hear that Carrie.

This has been a busy year for me, as I have had to re-do the grass in the back, with dwarf mondo, because I finally got too much shade. Even this postage stamp lot, gets to be a big project, when you need a re-do.

Plus I extended the patio, and still have to put in the walk to the front gate.

Lots to try and get done, while doing all the regular maintenance and pruning, in the yard, for an old guy, in TX heat.

I'm ready for my winter vacation.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I don't mind your getting a short winter vacation, Rick, but not an extended one like last year.

• rick_mcdaniel
    13 years ago

Awww, that was just to remind you that winter still exists! (smile)

• dcarpenter
    13 years ago

Carrie, we want to see pictures from your annual brug cutting event! Please tell me that someone took pictures.

P.S. Isn't MikeB the nicest man? His son is super sweet also.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Ruth took pics, perhaps she will post them .......and yes, Mike is a very nice man and my green house is going to be so well put together.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    13 years ago

So all this talk about Mike being "nice" makes me wonder ... who was it that took the greenhouse down at my place?? Must have been his doppelganger - nothing but work, work, work, nary a word of "hello" or "goodbye" (for which I was thankful the night he was loading up the trailer past midnight!)

Just kidding, Mike, about the doppelganger - it was nice to have someone with your work ethic on the job. You did great work here and left the area nice and neat both days. The dogs want to know when you're coming back to give them some more ear scritches :)

Mike gave me a fright the first day - I looked out the door and saw a man about 9 feet in the air - he was standing on top of the glass, trying to wrestle off the vent frame. Now you know Mike is not a small guy, so I closed my eyes and prayed that the 12-year-old construction was going to hold, and that his shoes were non-slip. He was quite agile, though, and neither the glass nor his neck were broken.

Lin

• mikeb1206
    13 years ago

Gosh, I need to meet this guy.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Maybe we could arrange that, Lin.

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It is finished and looking oh so good. Mike did such a great job, and had it complete enough for me to get all my plants in before the first freeze. Now it has electricity so I can use a heater when necessary. It stayed warm enough through the first three freezes, but will need extra heat when we have prolonged freezing weather. I am a happy camper thanks to Lin and Mike.

• bossjim1
    13 years ago

Congratulations Carrie! I know you will get lots of enjoyment out of that.
    Jim

BTW, I can't get the picture to open. Ha!Ha!

• carrie751
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Must be your computer, Jim...........LOL>