Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marlingardener

Gonna Get Roses!

marlingardener
14 years ago

Oh, I am so happy! My husband has taken Friday off, and we are going to Chamblee's to get roses for the fences in front! I spent the afternoon sifting compost and spreading it on the two beds that are bordered on two sides by white decorative two-board fences. It will make a welcoming entrance to our farm.

I love roses, and who wants to bet we come home with more than the two climbing roses that we need?

Comments (14)

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Uh, I won't take that bet, lol
    I wish I was going too. I love that place.
    Yea for you, have fun
    jolana

• justintx
    14 years ago

I have come to love my roses. I started with 2 when I built my beds in 2007. Now, I have 6 in the ground and 4 in pots. They've all been blooming lately and the fragrance wafts across my patio. The only word that describes it is 'lovely'. DW laughs and laughs at her former 'macho' oilfield worker/hunter become hummingbirder/rosarian.
    J.D.

• carrie751
    14 years ago

And doing a good job of it, JD. Now I know what else to tempt you with .... ah ha, JD loves roses ... rose cuttings !!!

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

DW laughs and laughs at her former 'macho' oilfield worker/hunter become hummingbirder/rosarian

That is lovely

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

I forgot to ask which roses you are getting

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Jolana, I'm getting two red climbers, probably Valentine's Day, but I want to see them in the flesh. Also, I need a Bon Silene. I really need that rose! And of course I'll wander through the David Austins and fall in love, and there may be a bi-color rose that will follow us home. I'll let you know what we come back with. Wish I could pick one up for you!
    Justin, you are definitely hooked on roses! Glad you enjoy them, and the hummingbirds. I think it takes a real man to appreciate roses and hummers (my husband helps me dead-head and has installed three hummingbird feeders).

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Man, I am so glad I didn't take that bet, lol Just in the first 2 sentences, you blew the 2 climbers, HAHAHAHA

• carrie751
    14 years ago

My Belinda's Dream is covered with such large blooms .... she always puts on bigger blooms in the fall ...anyone know why???

• marlingardener
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carrie,
    Belinda's dream is sensitive to humidity, and ours always does better in the fall, too. Isn't the scent lovely? I'd like to have another Belinda's Dream. Perhaps tomorrow at Chamblee's . . . . Jolanna, is that you I hear laughing?

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Oh yeah, I am laughing so hard, I'm snorting, not quite as hard as when I read your first post.....2 climbers, LMBO
    That must be why Belinda's Dream never did well here. We are not the coast but close enough for me

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Thanks for clearing that up for me. BTW, they root easily so in an effort to get Jolana off your back, forego BUYING one tomorrow, and just root one........LOL>

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

No, no, they don't do well here, lol

• beachplant
    14 years ago

If ANYONE on this forum ever goes to a nursery and just buys 2 plants I'm sending an ambulance. Most of us can't even go to the grocery store without coming home with 2 plants. Hey, that chocolate Ti plant from kroger is to die for! I should have bought the EE they had too and now they are sold out.
    TallyHO!

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Yeah, that is the truth, who would do that???? LOL