Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pjtexgirl

Hey people from Houston...you OK???

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

Houston is under water! Check in and let us know you're OK please! Everyone down there is in my prayers.PJ

Comments (9)

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

Stayed home yesterday, didn't even attempt to drive into Houston.
    We got alot of rain in the Conroe area, but the Lake is still low.
    How's everyone else?
    Dena

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

We are 2hrs from Houston but our County made the national news. I thought we were going to float away, lol
    DH and DS had just planted 2 25 gallon trees Sunday, the holes were huge. He was going to stake and guide wire them Monday after work, lol
    I looked out and one was bobbing side to side, lol
    It never fell over but 3/4 of the dirt washed out of the hole

• stitches216
    17 years ago

Jolana, picturing that bobbing tree like you described has had me laughing for an hour! (Sorry!)

Dena I heard that Conroe got 16 inches - is that right? Also heard that San Jac River is 20-some feet above flood stage??? That sounds too high, but over its banks, that would be no surprise.

This recent rain reminded me of what is missing from the toolkit in our car:
    - ropes (for towing & other emergencies) & self-inflatables
    - change of shoes/boots that won't slip off, with good traction on the soles
    - a diver's mask and snorkel?

• dmj1218
    17 years ago

I always say in Houston we live in a constant drought frequently interrupted by deluges. It was a little tricky getting to work yesterday but it dried up quickly today. =)

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Went and rescued my sister-in-law. With the tide up 5' they get flooded. Then add the rain.... The water was to the top step, the house is raised. We couldn't drive closer than 2 blocks to the house. So they get a double whammy, rising tides and flood waters. At least 10" on island.
    Mom spent the day flooded in, my brother couldn't go to work until today, the tide was still high yesterday. I'm thinking of raising koi in the back flower beds.
    And I've always wanted lake front property.
    Tally HO!

• jolanaweb
    17 years ago

I'm glad y'all are safe

Rap, it is my pleasure to provide your entertainment, lol
    DH didn't think it as funny as you and I...LOL

• carrie751
    17 years ago

Jolana, no one in Lexington has told me of this. Maybe they were not in the path of the weather. Did it do anymore damage?

• Dena Walters
    17 years ago

stitches
    We got alot...I havent seen water in my alcove off of lake conroe in over a year..we now have water all the way to the bulkhead...yea!!!
    I think some reported 14 inches my way...not sure but it was alot. You use to go down my steps at the bulkhead and walk on dirt about 5 ft out it was all dirt ..we actually mowed it down about 2 weeks before all the rain..
    Now we have water..
    Dena

• beachplant
    17 years ago

Another 5" this week! Tally HO!