Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
denisew03

I waved as we drove by . . .

denisew
16 years ago

Today we went to Dinosaur Valley State Park. I know some of you Texas Gardeners live down in that area along Highway 67 (Cleburn, Alvarado, Glen Rose, etc.) and I thought of you as we drove there. There are some pretty areas over there - lots of rocks, but pretty. ;-)

I have never been to that park before and even though it is not a large park, it is nice. It has some nice areas for camping too and the water in the river is nice and clear. We were talking about going camping there as a family sometime in the future. That's what I get when I have three boys in scouts and am married to an Eagle Scout. The thing that is making this possible is there are decent bathrooms where I can take out my contact lenses and a place to shower. I can't stand not taking a shower everyday. :D

Comments (5)

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

Have you been to enchanted rock? If not make sure you go some time, it's in the hill country, they have restrooms and showers BUT make sure you call three months ahead to make reservations, they book up fast.
    My then 16 year old daughter did not want to go but when she got there she had the time of her live. We had chili for dinner that night and before we got all the bowls together a racoon ran up grapped one of the bowls and ran off with it. You could hear yelling. stop ...catch that racoon and laughter all through the camp. Guess the racoon liked chili cause when they found the bowl it was clean LOL.
    If it wasn't for my back I'd love to go camping there again.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

Waving back at you, Denise...we live about 20 minutes from Dinosaur Valley and get over there as often as we can. My hubby and I got married at the top of the blue trail in a sleet storm, what a view!!!

Pam

• denisew
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Barb - Yes, I've been to Enchanted Rock a couple times. The first was on my honeymoon. I did really well walking to the top, but when it came to turning around and looking back where I needed to go back down . . . well, let's just say I sat down and cried. I have a little fear of heights that I forgot about when I climbed up. I only went part of the way up the second time when we took our three boys. I found a nice rock to sit on to wait while they were off exploring with my husband.

Pam - It really is a pretty area - too bad you had a sleet storm for your wedding. But, I suppose if you can weather that on your wedding day, you can get through just about anything, huh? ;-)

• rick_mcdaniel
    16 years ago

Anybody know if the pow wow this month, will take place? It has been listed as a tentative, for several weeks.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    16 years ago

Rick,
    Are you talking about at the Expo Center? They were there last year, but the Expo folks said that they didn't book it this year. Maybe somewhere else?

Pam

Sponsored
Roanoke Landscapes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Botetourt's Full Scope Landscaping ServicesBest of Houzz Winner