Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carrie751

Bright Moon

carrie751
16 years ago

I have never seen the moon so bright --- how gorgeous it is. I felt I needed sunglasses to view it. I hope each of you got the chance to see it tonight.

Comments (8)

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

Yes, the Harvest moon is beautiful! I got to see it before I went to bed, when I got up in the middle of the night, and still again this morning when I got up at 7:30. It is beautiful!

• jolanaweb
    16 years ago

Carrie, I did. Thanks for the reminder, it was sooo beautiful
    Hi Linda

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

Hey Jolana and Carrie! I've been so busy for the past six months that I haven't been posting much, but I've been keeping up with y'all! Take care everyone! l

• carrie751
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hey, Linda, I am going to be in your neck of the woods Thanksgiving week --- spending it in Port Aransas.

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

Cool, you will have fun. But I'm not going to be here over turkey day. My DH and I are taking our RV and going up to the Lake Livingston State Park and RV'ing with my sister and her family. I hope the weather will be nice for us.

Next time you are going to be down this way, let me know!

• beachplant
    16 years ago

It was so pretty that I drove up & down the seawall last night just to see it reflecting off the water. Which was flat and perfect. The moon, the water & the sailboats were soooooo dreamy!
    Tally HO!

• carrie751
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Oh, Tally, that sounds so beautiful. I remember once many moons ago (no pun intended), my daughter and I were in Harlingen in October for an air show, but were staying on South Padre. When that Harvest moon came up, it looked as if it were rising out of the ocean, and that image will always be in my memory.

• denisew
    16 years ago

We were talking to a friend of ours the other night at our school's red ribbon picnic that was held outside in front of the school. He kept pointing to the full moon with an angry look on his face as he approached us. He said they have one of those half moon windows in their bedroom and at about 11 pm when there is a full moon it shines right on his face and keeps him awake. His wife laughed and said it makes him grumpy. I told him to switch places in bed with her! Ha! They really should get one of those decorative fan things to block that light if he is so bothered by it. But, the moon sure is pretty!