Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ltcollins1949

I think a rude post!

ltcollins1949
14 years ago

I'm tired and getting ready to go to bed, but this guy seems to me to be a jerk. But then I'm always on the side of the under dog, and I don't think he likes Texans in general. Oh well, let it be Beautyberry. OK Jolana, am I grounded again?

Comments (20)

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

OMG, I was just telling someone about this and I came over here to say " Linnnnnnnda, you left TX again"
    LOL
    I want to know why the Mom was posting on GW instead of calling the hospital or poison control

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, I thought that was rather strange too for the mother to ask on GW. Oh, well, . . .I just felt the need to take up for a "fellow-Texan"

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

Linda, you know there are a lot of forums that go on like that.
    What was/is the name of that show about the TX Ranger, my inlaws always watched it, lol
    Whatever his name was, that's what I am gonna start calling you, hehehehe
    It's good to know Linda has our back, lol YEA

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    14 years ago

After doing a search, it seem that gardengal48 has quite a reputation for getting into arguments on GW. She says she is a degreed horticulturist, a licensed pesticide consultant and plant problem diagnostician, a buyer/manager for a local retail garden center and a professional landscape designer. But she sounds more like a lawyer to me, and I can say that from first-hand knowledge of 30+ years being a legal secretary and being married to my Attorney DH! HA

I don't know the name of the TX Ranger, but you can call me "The Lone Rangerette"! HA!

• muddauber7
    14 years ago

Bwahahaha! lmbo! Who was that masked lady?? Hail Kemosabe! (The Eyes Of Texas are upon you!...) Muddaubers are as Texan as it gits!! ;-)

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

Chances are gardengirl's member page is a fake;
    people who start brush wars on internet forums often are hiding behind a fake identity.

gardengirl might be a lawyer, but I bet "she" just wishes she were.

Maybe Linda/Walker Texas Ranger needs to investigage "her"!

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    14 years ago

HA! I might just do that since I think I'm a pretty good PI!

• rick_mcdaniel
    14 years ago

People are just way too sensitive.

Ya gotta have alligator skin on these forums.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Seems to be in the water.
    Over in the garden junk we have a sweetheart popping up as well.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

I know I'm not a regular poster here, but I have to comment. On one of my other forums, a favorite saying is, "Don't feed the trolls". I think that applies here. If you ignore them, they move on....then you can come here and tell us about them!

• beachplant
    14 years ago

I posted about the poison centers. And added that was the best laugh I've had all year! Ireland and TEXAS!! What a moron. I bet she's a wannabe, for some reason I thought the poster was male, she's one of those people that knows just enough to be dangerous. Ireland and Texas! I'm still laughing at that. Might as well say Texas and the north pole are alike, we both get snow and sunlight. What an idiot.
    Tally HO!

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ireland and TEXAS!! What a moron. I can't agree with you more. And that's what I tried to tell her, but she kept arguing, so I just gave up and left the post.

• ltcollins1949
    Original Author
    14 years ago

gardengal48 is a very rude person. Glad she doesn't live in Texas, because she would need to learn to be nice.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

I think she finally shut up.
    Tally HO!

• gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)
    14 years ago

LOL!! You think I am rude?? What the heck do you call this thread......a regional behind-the-back dig you think you can use to trash people just because you think they can't see or participate? Nice!! I don't see where I called anyone a moron but maybe Texans don't consider personal attacks rude. As to living in Texas, no thanks.......you folks have nothing to offer and if the complete lack of knowledge or understanding about climate, geography AND plants several of you have demonstrated.......not to mention bad manners.....is at all common, I prefer to remain where folks are a bit more civilized. And better educated.

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

ok.
    remain there.

• soxxxx
    14 years ago

gardengal48

We Texans can manage our gardens without input from you, so we are most happy that you are not considering coming here to meddle. Its bad enough that you post on our forum.

You criticize Texans about things that you seem to lack like manners and civility.

I would not take any advice that you might offer on climate, geography or plants in our state. I have lived here enough years to know more than you could ever learn in books.

I do have a college education, some coarses in horticulture, and two shelves of horticulture books(yes, I can read).

• denisew
    14 years ago

I found this whole thing quite interesting and thought I'd put in my 2 cents and I'm sure I'll get blasted for it, but here goes . . .

I am a member of another discussion forum and found this under their forum rules as descriptions of trolls. I would think this would apply to all discussion forums.

ItÂs also a good idea to familiarize yourself with the makeup of a forum Troll. Trolls use hit and run techniques like starting a topic and then disappearing from the discussion. Many style themselves as devil's advocates and they want you to think that they have no hidden agenda or axe to grind, but this is far from the truth.

Trolls also like to reply to a topic using a rude, offensive, or insulting opening remark as a forerunner to their response. Comments such as, "ThatÂs dumb," What an idiotic thing to say," or "Are you living under a rock," are just a few. Their purpose is to provoke others into also using flaming rhetoric. For some reason trolls do not feel they are bound by the rules of courtesy or social responsibility.

• wantonamara Z8 CenTex
    14 years ago

OOOh, I am just now finding this thread. Where was I? I must have been under a rock to miss all this fun. I am a displaced Yankee and a person who has been treated with a great deal of "smuggery" and "insinuendo"(my new word) when I returned on visits to the north. What I am seeing here is an attitude that a certain stratum of northerners see as their right and southerners see as a crime of bad manners. Texans hate "smuggery" as a whole and react to it with extreme aversion and northerners see it as a right of self righteousness that proves their superiority. It took some years of living here before I recognized this attitude in my actions and conversations and recognized it's alienating effects. The thing is that I didn't even realize that I was committing the dreaded act of smuggery until a dear friend told me to stop and patiently made me aware of it in my conversations. I thank her with all my heart. I see this whole rigmarole to be about regional bad chemistry. Ms Gardengal, lighten up and you might see another side of us and we might see another side of you.. Otherwise we will remain eternally as as uncivil redneck irritants and you will always be seen a lost ignorant smug snob wandering south of the Mason Dixon line of ones mind..

• mikeandbarb
    14 years ago

Are you thinking of the 'Lone Ranger" ? Now that one goes way back LOL