Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

Me too, Jac, me too!

sally2_gw
17 years ago

My oldest DS and his wife are expecting their first child in May! It's not quite the same situation as your's Jac, since they are older (mid 20's), but this son has always been immature due in part to extreme adhd. However, he's been in the Navy for a while, now, and has grown up considerably. I'm getting used to the idea of being a grandma, but I still feel like I'm too young to be called Grandma! Oh well. I only wish they lived closer. By the way, DH has already bought a little bitty bicycle!

Sally

Comments (12)

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Congratulations!!!
    It's impossible not to be excited!

Our new additions are both due in May.
    Isn't Zitro Joe's baby due about the same time?

Hmmmm...

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

How cool! Congrats! PJ

• zitro_joe
    17 years ago

Congrats! If he takes his role in the miltary seriously he will continue to mature and I am sure he will be responsible. ADHD or not, sometimes they just have decide when to grow-up.

HA, the new baby is due Feb 7th, we still have a few days.

Joe

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Sally,
    Wait until that baby arrives. You will be thrilled to be called Nana, MeeMaw, Grandma or what ever.

I have a friend that thought she was too young. Her grown grandchildren still call her Barbie.

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Yeah, I'm excited, and starting to get used to the idea. My nieces and nephews called my mother Edo, because my oldest niece, the first grandchild, couldn't say Marijo. Even as adults, they called her Edo. I just have to figure out a way to be near that baby as often as I can. Seattle's a long way away.

Sally

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

"Barbie!"

I love it!

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

Sally,If it's any consolation I have fairly extreme ADHD. Rare for a female but I'm just lucky I guess. Motherhood(can't speak for fatherhood) changed my thinking dramatically and I settled right the heck down. PJ

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Congrat's Sally, you'll love being a grandma and forget all about being called grandma once the bundle of joy arrives. Best wishes, Barb

• sally2_gw
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks.

Sally

• Bev__
    17 years ago

Congratulations Sally!!!!!!!
    My daughter in Mo. is due early March with her 1st and my son & his wife in Az are having their 4th in May. This one was not planned, he didn't get his sperm tested after his vasectomy, he was warned!
    They will be my #11 & 12 grandkids. They're all wonderful!
    Needless to say, I'll be helping out in Mo in March and AZ in May.
    I'll be 57 and my oldest grandchild will be 13 in Jan.
    They all call me grandma or grandma Bev.
    A couple times Abby has called me just Bev when she thinks she is being adultish & too cool!(she's 10). She's such a goof ball, so when she calls me Bev, I call her Abbycadabrah which was my nick name for her when she was little. She thinks she is too big now and only wants to be called Abby or ABO which is what her friends call her! I have tons of funny Abby stories, this girl is sooo exceptional and always up to something and comes up with he most outlandish ideas & remarks. She is an A student and quite a gymnast.
    My 11 year old grandson Brandon is a lot like her, an A student, super athlete and a brain full of craziness.
    I think Brett who will be 5 in Jan & Lucy who is 3 are going to be just like Abby & Brandon. They are so darn much fun! Brett calls or e-mails me almost everyday to say Hi and tell me about his day.
    Alexis the oldest at almost 13 is a Brat, beautiful and a handful. When she is sweet & loving...she wants something. Very boy crazy....scares me.
    Beautiful Elaina is 6, very quiet & shy, is already a bookworm and way too smart. I think she's going to be tall.
    Luke is 6, quiet and my angel, always happy, loving & very sensitive, a lot like his cousin Elaina. He's so dignified!
    Big Dan is 4. He's actually on the short side & stocky. He is into something all the time, he only knows fast, stop and loud. His mom is always yelling NO DAN! Surpising he doesn't think NO DAN is his name!
    Then there is little Zach. He is almost 11 but the size of a 7 year old,just a little peanut. He has lots of emotional problems and has ADHD, is very sensitive, but with a big temper. He does well in school and at sports, but has to work really hard at it. When I'm alone with him he loves to snuggle and just talk about stuff.
    I almost forgot Evan who is 1 1/2 and spoiled rotten! He's the spittin image of his daddy who was a hellion and may be it's going to be pay back time!
    Like I said they're all just WONDERFUL!!! Each one is special in many ways.
    Being a grandma is lifes greatest thrill!
    This is part of Grandma Braggin Rights....I have pictures too........

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

You GO Bev!!! No offence but I don't want to be within screaming distance of a man that can get a woman pregnant after a vasectomy! That is just plain scary!PJ

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Sally, I've seen you and you don't look nearly old enough to be a Grandmother. I think the reason we feel old when we become grandmothers is because in all the books you see the grandmothers portrayed with short grey, curly hair, glasses and tons of wrinkles. Most first time grandmas are close to 50 and they don't look like that.

Being a grandma is such a joy. They can really tug at your heart strings.
    Yesterday my DD and Grandkids all drove to Ft. Hood to meet their dad who has been in Iraq a year. We were so glad to see him but the 7 year old was crying her eyes out so after the ceremony was over and we walked to the car I ask her why she was crying and she should be happy because Billy came home safe to us.

She said she can't help but feel sorry for the soldiers that didn't come home.

Kids are smart and they know what's going on in the world.