natvtxn
17 years ago

I found this on unusual news web.

Here is a link that might be useful: weird news

Comments (16)

• sylviatexas1
    17 years ago

Remember "The Time Machine"?

Humans had split into Elois & some other group whose name I forget.

wonder if that's where they got the idea for the study...

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

The sad part is that someone, probably a government, is paying that idiot to set around and dream up that stuff!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Well......yes.....and no.

First, they are talking 1000 yrs. from now. Given the current state of the food supply, pollution, and climate change, it is highly questionable whether the planet will even support humans 1000 yrs. from now.

However, having first hand evidence of the change in height, overall, of the human animal in the past 100 yrs., I would not totally pooh-pooh that prediction. In all likelihood, humans will continue to get taller, overall, as they have for the past 100 yrs.

The increase in skin pigmentation, may simply be a necessity to protect from excessive sun exposure, likely to be present from thinning of the atmosphere.

The part about the "pretty people" vs. the "goblins".....well, that part is pretty much nonsense, I think. (smile)

On the other hand, there is a high probability that the economic differences between the "haves" and the "have-nots", will create a more divided society, than in our present day, but in so doing, will likely spawn a world where the "haves" struggle to keep out the "riff-raff", from their world, and where the "have-nots" become a violent and "mean" society, in their struggle for survival.

Of course, all that is pure speculation, in the face of the "enduring war", which we now have, where Islam seeks to overthrow all the world, and seize absolute control over all humanity. Where this war will lead, is anyone's guess, but it is likely to be rather nasty, before it ends.

On the other hand, some particularly nasty disease, may wipe out a substantial portion of the world's human population, changing the entire outlook, almost overnight.

One thing's for certain.....the short term...the next 50 yrs., is going to bring about change that most people are not prepared for, and increased violence, strife, and war, are a pretty safe bet.

However, I am already going on 62....and I don't have children to worry about, so I am not likely to be around that long, nor to have children facing that time, either.

• carrie751
    17 years ago

I think he is assuming a lot just predicting there will still be humans to "split" by the year 3000.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Gee Rick, your predictions make a little more sense than his, and I'm willing to bet that you didn't get a dime for dreaming it up. Just last month, I watched two programs on TV, the first gave absolute proof that we are entering a new Ice Age and that it will soon be nearly impossible for humans to live north of Oklahoma. The next one was predicting that because of Global Warming, the polar ice caps are in the process of melting and that will raise the ocean levels so much that Florida is going to disappear under water, and the Texas coast line is going to move north by between 45 and 80 miles. These phd's are getting paid big bucks to come up with these completely opposite theories. Of course they both have absolute proof that they are right.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Yup. Interesting how theories tend to go to the extremes.

At the moment, given the state of the planet, I would believe the melting polar caps, and rising ocean levels much more, though.

The trouble with the rising ocean levels theory, is that water actually expands when frozen.....so, it would seem to me, that the oceans would actually drop in level, if the caps melt, since the caps are acutally floating in the oceans to start with, and the water displacement is already in place.

Of course, I am not a scientist, so I probably don't know what I'm talking about. (smile)

• Vulture61
    17 years ago

I know the prediction about the goblins is true. Some of my wife's relatives and neighbors already look like goblins to me. I swear they do.

Omar

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Omar, You cracked me up, buddy. I hope your wife doesn't come on Garden web.
    Jim

• mikeandbarb
    17 years ago

Thanks for the good laugh..............HAHAHAHA

I don't believe a word written in it.

• terryisthinking
    17 years ago

I must be in the troll group,...I mean goblin group, it took me a while to figure out what b--t is.

To me it reeks of a social attitude. Don't you think the
    scientists assume their progeny will be in the "elite" group? Do hormone injected cows lead to bigger mammaries in people? Or are they saying tall people will get lots of plastic surgery while the goblins will give up.

It's like the supporters of communism assume they will be in
    the leadership, and not the huddled masses when their dream world comes about.

• pjtexgirl
    17 years ago

I know! I know! They watched "Lord of the Rings" so many times (on a lonely Saturday night) they actually believe it's prophesy now! LOL! PJ

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Watch out. The Brits have applied for a license to mix human DNA with cow eggs. Where they are going with that.....is anyone's guess.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

Rick, you reminded me of an article I just read in the latest The Highlander magazine.
    The article begins -
    "In 1612, the year James Graham was born, "prodigious works" were witnessed. We read that a cow gave birth to "fourteene great dogge whelps." Another contained a "deid bairne in her belly."

Makes you wonder about those cow eggs!

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Hmmm. Question is......did those pups moooooo???? (smile)

• seamommy
    17 years ago

You guys are really funny. Talk about de-evolution, I'd have to say it happened right here in this thread and I was there to witness it.

But if men are bigger, their organs would ALL be bigger, wouldn't they? To quote Teri Garr in Young Frankenstein, "Big hands, big feet. He vould haf an enormous schvanstukkah!" That's probably where those PhD's got their ideas.

Cheryl

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Ideas or ..... wishful thinking?

Jim

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting