Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

pjtexgirl
17 years ago

Eat too much and relax! PJ

Comments (17)

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Aye! All day long!!
    And counting my blessings, surrounded by my crazy, loving family! ;-)
    Blessings to all!!!

Kat

p.s. - I'm still here....been lurking late at night....

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Kat, I was wondering where you were. I was supposed to go to Baytown today. But decided that it was too soon to make that drive again.
    Then my DIL called and she has broncitus and is running a temp of 102. After just having had pneumonia in Sept., I am glad I am not there.
    Y'all have a wonderful day.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

PJ,
    You forgot about "watching football"!

Kathy,
    Everyone in the Houston area has been sick. Actually, I think everyone in Texas has been sick including my DH, but he is starting to feel better after feeling under the weather for the past 10 days!

The best gift for my family is that we have received word that my son, Tommy, who has been serving in Iraq since August 2005, is en route back to his wife and daughter in Fairbanks, Alaska! I couldn't ask for a better Thanksgiving!

HAVE A GREAT TURKEY-DAY EVERYONE!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

My dad went in yesterday for a mild heart attack(he's 80). He got admitted and I'm thankful we didn't spend 7 hours in the ER ON Thanksgiving day! I'm taking him turkey and fixin's for dinner. I feel so sorry for him being cooped up in a hospital on Thanksgiving!
    Football? Um...I'm not suppossed to say I think football is boring here in TX right? PJ

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

Sorry to hear about your Dad PJ, but I'm sure he will be just fine. Especially since he has you providing the holiday food for him.

You are funny about football since it is a Texas pastime here. I watch it with my family, but I wouldn't watch it if it was just me. HA!

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Ltcollins. I wont tell on ya! PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

PJ, I am so sorry your dad is ill.

Linda, I am thrilled that your son is on his way home. I know how I felt when my granddaughter came home and she was over there just a few months.
    My son and DIL invited two Air Force trainees for dinner. Neither mentioned football. But when she asked if they wanted to call their mothers, they jumped at the chance.
    They are half way through basic training. They were so glad to see TV and take a nap.

• Jacquelyn8b
    17 years ago

I miss Thanksgiving with "The Orphans."
    Being in New Orleans, away from everything familiar was really hard during the holidays. Every year I did Thanksgiving lunch/dinner for other "orphans" who were away from their family. It was one of the most rewarding things I've ever experienced! All of us would sit around and talk about the traditions 'back home', tell stories, laugh ourselves silly and truly enjoy the comraderie.

My buddy, Diane, has been stationed in Germany for the last three years and does it for the "orphans" there. She and her husband look forward to it all year!

PJ, I'm sorry about your dad. Hopefully, he will bounce back quickly.

Linda, you certainly have a reason to give thanks!

• carrie751
    17 years ago

PJ, hope your dad is already out of the hospital and feeling great! I hope each and every one of you had a blessed Thanksgiving (wherever you were). And, PJ, I would watch football even if I were alone ---LOL.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

PJ, is your Dad out of the hospital yet? I sure hope so.

• pjtexgirl
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We sprung dad yesterday. Thanks for the kind words. I needed them. My dad just enough about medicine to be afraid of hospitals. It was a rough 4 days for him. I tried to comfort him with "People DO make mistakes but God is looking after you Himself". That seemed to help. He's so glad to be home now. It's nice to see him happy again!PJ

• natvtxn
    17 years ago

Thank goodness. Tell him all your cyber "family" is thinking of him. I hope he follows his doctor's orders. My dad was always a bit hard headed about following orders. So we were all surprised when he did after some heat problems.

• ltcollins1949
    17 years ago

This is great news about your Dad, PJ. Glad he is doing better.

And thanks everyone for the kind words about our son, Tommy! He made it back to Fairbanks, Alaska about 1:30 p.m. Alaska time, Saturday tired but glad to be home.

• kateyes
    17 years ago

Linda - tell your son my family says "Thank you"!! God bless him! My son served six years in the Marine Corps, between Desert Storm and this war. I thank the Lord everyday that we were at peace while he served. He, on the other hand, wanted to "see action". In fact, he wanted to re-enlist when this war broke out, but my DIL put her foot down VERY firmly. I was proud of his desire to serve his country, but, I will admit I am glad she won that battle!

PJ - I pray your Dad is doing well, and is looking forward to a very blessed Christmas.

And PJ, I quit watching football about 30 years ago - those good 'ol Dallas Cowboys with Roger, Too Tall, Randy White, Golden Richards, Charlie Waters, etc,. etc. Sigh....those were the days. And the Steelers were great to watch, plus the Vikings and a few other teams....yes, the Oilers too! :-)

But, no more. And I don't know why. I just don't care to watch it anymore.
    But I don't EVER miss an Astros game!!! Craig Biggio is the only man my DH would ever have to worry about....hahahahaha
    That's what I want for Christmas this year - to go see them in Florida at spring training! I want to meet Craig Biggio - I think I would came as close to fainting as I ever have in my life!! Except the time I was about 8 feet away from Elvis......whooooo.....makes me weak thinking about that!! LOL

Well, gonna' run now....back to lurking....

Oh - Kathy - I'm working at Macy's San Jacinto Mall now. Come see me - we have a big sale going on this week!

Blessings to all,
    Kat

• carrie751
    17 years ago

PJ, this is great news about your dad. Tell him we were all praying for him, and he will stay in our thoughts. I hope you are gearing up for a great Christmas - with those little boys, I know it must be a lot of fun.......

• carolann_z8
    17 years ago

Pj, I'm so glad to hear your Dad is doing better.

He's lucky to have you for a daughter.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

I'm gone for a while from the computer and look what I miss! PJ, I'm sorry your dad had to spend Thanksgiving in the hospital. I'm glad he's out and on the mend.

My son and DIL were home on leave for Thanksgiving, but we had it on Tuesday instead of Thursday so my other son could participate. He works at a movie theatre, and with the other big past time on Thanksgiving being going out to a movie, he had to work. This was one of the best Thanksgivings I've had, in a way. It's the first I've hosted for some time, and all my kids were home for it for the first time in 3 years. My FIL and nephew came down from Oklahoma City, my sister came over from Sulphur Springs, my neice (sis's daughter) got to come, and my brother came up from Katy. Even my cousin's daughter dropped in for a brief time. It was wonderful! But with having all that company and not being used to it, I just didn't spend any time at the computer other than to look up recipes. The bonus of having Thanksgiving a couple of days early was that we just kicked back and ate left overs on Thanksgiving day. I started to watch the Cowboys game, since I have watched it each Thanksgiving at the in-laws house over the years. That's the only day I watch them any more. I just don't like Jerry Jones. I did watch them when Troy and Emmitt were with the team, and I definately watched them back in Stauback's (sp?) day, but football just isn't the same as it used to be. I used to watch it with my dad when I was a little girl. We used to watch Vince Lombardi's team. At the moment I don't even remember which team it was he was coaching at the time, but I do remember watching football with my dad.

Linda, I'm so glad about your son. What a relief!

Finally, PJ, I missed the 2nd half of the game on Thanksgiving because my son found out one of his good friends was hospitalized in intensive care with a respiratory infection, and was hooked up to a breathing machine and everything. So, off we went to visit him in the hospital. He was actually allowed visitors, which surprised me. It appeared he was on the mend, but still in pretty serious condition. Being sick and in the hospital is definately not the best way to spend Thanksgiving.

Sally