Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

This falls plant trades

beachplant
17 years ago

At the Galveston County trade I got some great brugs, a bag full of crinums, red lion amaryllis-one of which is blooming, gingers & cacti & succulents. Most of it is in the ground. I still am trying to figure out where to put the pink althea.

Mercer was a lot of fun as always. David & David didn't make it, nor did Modene, I gave away ya'lls plants. And I gave away Jasmines but she made it. I'll make it up to her in the spring. Dolly brought me her wonderful hand butter, get some from her, whatever it takes, this stuff is great! Janet brought me a great cat bird feeder, I have a bunch of cat statues around the bird feeders so it fits in perfect. I got some beautiful huge rooted brugs-I thought I was getting cuttings, and they STILL look great! Got some great cactus from a lady whose name I didn't catch, her husband raises them, nice wicked ones. Nadine brought me brug cuttings & gingers I don't have. Loretta gave me some really cool EE's, they are growing like gangbusters. And I got a great variegated one from a lady whose name I forgot,I'm doing good to remember who I am! Debbie brought me HUGE goldfish, which inspired me to keep the pond cleaner & seem very happy in their new home. She also gave me a spiral ginger with foliage totally unlike the ones I have. Trish provided iris for moms bed.

Between the 2 trades I got 10 brugs I didn't have, 2 altheas, ferns, gingers, hand butter, body butter, bird feeder, plumeria, succulents, wicked cacti, ric-rac cacti, night-blooming cereus, purple wandering jew, begonias, EE's, hibiscus, cat whiskers, vines, huge empty pots, a variegated alpinia from Clay-that I gave to the lady next to me, that cool climbing fern I've been lusting after for a while now, crinums, annuals, perennials, daylillies, lots of cuttings..............

I've been planting something almost every day. Several things have started blooming, the brug cuttings are leafing out, the mints died-I must be the only person in the world that can kill mint, the cereus is planted & hanging, the cacti thorns are almost all dug out of my fingers, I used all the potting soil.

Can't wait till Spring!

Tally Ho!

Comments (4)