Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toadlilly

TX forum people are nice...

toadlilly
16 years ago

It happened again, I was visiting another forum and witnessed an innocent getting slammed. Thanks for just being nice people, using your manners, giving others the benefit of the doubt, and allowing mistakes and silly questions. Texas forum people are nice. :) CJ

Comments (10)

• ltcollins1949
    16 years ago

Yes, this Texas forum is a great place to STAY! I used to post on other forums, and the replies were not pleasant to say the least! Scary places are around, so I just stay put. Besides I was always getting "grounded" for leaving Texas! HA!

• carrie751
    16 years ago

It is amazing that there are those who take out their frustrations on some innocent who is merely asking for advice or offering an opinion. I, personally, enjoy this forum because everyone seems to have a great sense of humor. That makes it a pleasant as well as informative place to visit. Thanks, everyone !!!!

• pjtexgirl
    16 years ago

That's right Missy! You best stay off that Tree forum! LOL! Yep, I like the people here too. PJ

• mikeandbarb
    16 years ago

I agree this is one of the best forums. I have looked and asked questions in some other forums and got nasty replies:(
    Only other forum I go to is the daylily one so far they've been very nice peeps :)

Happy to be a Texan :)))))

• marlingardener
    16 years ago

After reading posts on other forums, complete with personal attacks, foul language and idiotic ravings, I am so glad this forum exists--it is always a pleasure to visit. Question: is this forum so darn nice because gardeners are so darn nice, or because Texans are so darn nice, or both?

• denisew
    16 years ago

Yep, been to those other forums. I think there are those who think rather highly of themselves and need to come back down to earth. It is too bad they can't learn from the people here on the Texas forum. This is, of course, my favorite forum because it is like visiting with family and close friends. We've come to learn about each other's sense of humor, shared in each other's sad times and learned lots of good things about gardening from each other.

• toadlilly
    Original Author
    16 years ago

"there is no place like home"

Marlin I'd say both (I'm a native and don't know any better;)

CJ

• hitexplanter
    16 years ago

I would agree with y'all that this is the nicest bunch of folks on garden web. That being said I have found informative and kind people on every forum I have visited. Organic, greenhouse, lawn, tomato, hibiscus. The real difference is that that are some very irritating and down-right nasty folks out there amongst the fine folks that are out there to help and share their experiences for the betterment of all of us.

The Texas forum just doesn't tolerate those kind of folk and will stand as one like a true family. There in lies, lays, IS the difference, Thanks my extended family for being there and making a stand for all that is good and right about being human, being a gardener and being a TEXAN.
    As always Happy Growing David

• carrie751
    16 years ago

You hit the nail on the head, David. This is a wonderful group of people who stand united for doing and saying the right thing. It is great to be amongst them.

• vannie
    16 years ago

I'm with toadlilly. I'm a native Texas (3rd generation) and this is all I know! It's amazing that some of the folks on other forums are so proud of being intelligent and broad minded, yet they can't seem to tolerate anybody that has different viewpoints. Huh? What's that about?