Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beachplant

I'm smarter than I look! Posting pics

beachplant
14 years ago

I learned how to post pics! Aren't you proud of me?

Here I am

{{gwi:451836}}

The bedroom the day I got home

{{gwi:1315181}}

The front yard when we got home after Ike

{{gwi:1315182}}

Tally HO!

Comments (11)

• ltcollins1949
    14 years ago

Glad to see you doing better! Wow that Ike sure hurt people. Yard looks great now. Happy Holidays!

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    14 years ago

Tally - now that you know how to post pictures, you will be doing it all the time! :) Love the picture of you - the background is also beautiful. Is that in front of your home?

I'm glad that Ike didn't destroy your home completely, even though the it looks like the interior was completely gone. And how sad to lose your garden like that.

My aunt has a home in Galveston, and she was lucky to have just had a few inches of water damage in the lower level. We have been to Galveston a couple of times since Ike (and are planning a trip next week), and it is truly sad all the damage that was done.

Merry Christmas! Looking forward to seeing lots of pictures of your tropical garden. :)

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    14 years ago

Tally, I loved seeing the picture of you and being able to put a happy face with the cute name. Love the way the streak in your hair matches your shirt too -- you didn't think we'd notice -- or did you? LOL

But I'm so sorry for all the mess you had to face from Ike, but admired the spirit in which you tackled it.

And I agree. We'll be looking forward to lots more pictures of your yard and house fix up :-)

• jolanaweb
    14 years ago

((Tally)) I am prouder of you than I have ever been.
    I have to say tho, I'm glad you posted your smiling face first, the others are hard to look at and you are officially my hero

You look even smarter than you are, LMAO

Seriously, you really cut your hair and is that still the extension? How long do they stay on/in?

• marlingardener
    14 years ago

Tally,
    You sure look smart to me! I love your upbeat, insightful posts. Wishing you very happy holidays, and a growing New Year.

• carrie751
    14 years ago

Having suffered through this learning process myself, I am doubly proud of you, Tally. And just when I thought I had it mastered, Photobucket changed it's format, and I am back to square one.......LOL>

• bossjim1
    14 years ago

OK Tally, now we expect LOTS of pictures!
    Jim

• plantmaven
    14 years ago

Good for you!

I don't know how you survived all you have had to go through.
    I would have slit my wrists by now.

• beachplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, I cut off all my hair after not having a hair cut for over 12 years. I can't remember the last haircut I had. My hair hasn't been this short since nursing school, 29 years ago!! The extension is real hair, there were 2 but 1 fell out after 2 weeks, they should stay in about 3 months, the money went to support breast cancer.

The same room after the floor was finished. It now has windows, doors, door knobs and furniture. No trim around the windows, everything else trimmed out and the crown molding is up. This was the room where the fire started. Right where my head would have been on the bed. The fire burned through the floor, Shores pulled up the burned wood and replaced it with 100 year old wood we got at a salvage store. The floor joists and ceiling in the lr had to be replaced also. We still can't believe our floors look this good.
    Ya'll'll be sick of me and pics before you know it!
    Tally HO!

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

That's great that you posted these. You look great and so does your yard. When you get a chance, I really want to see the Wall of Lost Soles.

Have a great New Year!

• beachplant
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll put up the Ike soles and take a pic if it ever quits raining.

Here's Jim in his "man cave". The tarp was flying all over the backyard! He's gonna work on securing it better. Most of what is stacked under here is stuff he found on the beach after Ike.
    Tally HO!

Sponsored
Landscape Concepts of Fairfax, Inc.
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
Northern VA's Creative Team of Landscape Designers & Horticulturists