Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mikeandbarb_gw

Question about photobucket?

mikeandbarb
17 years ago

I have some pictures that I'd like to have them print and send to me but have never done this before and don't know the quality of the pictures. Has anyone ordered pictures? If so did they look good? Were you happy with the prints?

TIA, Barb

Comments (10)

• zitro_joe
    17 years ago

I was wondering this as well...

My instinct tells me that it wonÂt be too great. They downsize and compress photos on there servers to save space and bandwidth and I assume that is what will be printed he downsized compressed photo. Does not seem you can get a great picture from that. I am sure 4X6 will look okay but donÂt expect anything great.

• rick_mcdaniel
    17 years ago

Photos transmitted over the internet, have to be of a fairly large size, to print well.

The file can be a jpg, but it needs to be at full print size (4x6, 5x7, etc.), in 300 ppi high quality jpg.

• olphart
    17 years ago

What is the advantage of Photobucket over, say, a local photo shop? I never had the need for that service, but I know Sam's Club does that, and I am sure many other places do. Seems all you would need is a transfer device.

I saw a unit at Sam's that held 1 gig that was about the size of a pocketknife for around $30 that plugs into the USB slot. Amazing how cheap memory is today.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

I'm not sure of the advantage of photobucket but I had taken picture with my old camera that used floppies and those cannot be tranfered into prints. So I've been told.
    You have to buy a special floppy for prints.
    Now I have a camera that uses the stick HAHAHAHA that sounds so funny to me.
    I can remember dear grandpa using his brownie to take pictures of us kid's and we still have that old camera, not worth much but has memories for me.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Barb,
    If you go to Walgreens web site and open an account (free), then follow the simple instructions, you can order prints for about $.19 each and go pick them up in about 1 hour. You can upload every picture on your computer in about half a minute.
    Jim

Here is a link that might be useful: Walgreens

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Jim, thank you for the info. I tried walgreens out yesterday and got a few pictures to see how it worked out and the pictures I have from my new camera looks great.
    It would take a little more work to get all the ones I have in photobucket transfered to walgreens. I'm not to savey yet on all of this but learning.
    Barb

• zitro_joe
    17 years ago

If the file is a jpeg then it can be printed just about anywhere and if it is on your photbucket account it is a jpeg. Since you say the pictire was on a floppy that tells me that the picture is about 1MP. The best you'll get ,without interpolating, will be a 4x6. Any larger and it will be very pixelated, some people don't mind and if it's all you got then it's all you got. If you want to get a larger print you will have to get it to the 300dpi as rick mentioned earlier. I can try messing with it to increase the dpi if you dont mind. email it to me at zitro_joe@hotmail.com.

Brownie cameras, what is it? I collect them. My old HS school photography teacher gave me my first one and I have picked up several here and there.

Joe

• olphart
    17 years ago

If the photos are on Photobucket, can I assume they are also in a file somewhere on your computer?
    If you transferred the pictures from your camera to your computer, do you have the ability to transfer them back to your camera?
    Or, are the pictures still in your camera?

If they are still in the camera, or if you can transfer them back to the camera, you should be able to remove the storage chip (the "stick"?) from the camera and WalgreenÂs should be able to download the pictures directly from it.

• mikeandbarb
    Original Author
    17 years ago

We don't have the computer we had, we got a new computer for christmas and a new camera. The pictures I'm wanting prints of are old from floppy disk and I'm sure they have been deleted, so for now they are stuck in photobucket.
    I have so many that I hate to transfer them into the computer only to have to delete them once I'm done.
    Joe. I don't know what type of Browning camera my grandpa has but for now it's staying in the family but if I ever decide to get rid of it I'll remeber you and ask you first.
    Think I might try ordering from photobucket of the pictures I want but thanks to Jim the rest will be from walgreens.

• bossjim1
    17 years ago

Barb, Here's another option for you. Go to your Photobucket account. Right click on each picture and select "save as",then save them back to a file on your computer. You can then have them printed just like you do your new ones. You might be able to save a whole album at a time.
    Jim