phyllisb2008

WANTED: Febuary Pow Wow!

phyllisb2008
14 years ago

Anybody ready for a get together?

Comments (17)

• seamommy
    14 years ago

I AM!!! I am so hungry to hear people talking about gardening I'm about to lose my mind. You name the day and time and I'll be there. Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

Yay!

Lemme know!

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Well I'm pretty much open for anytime. What about all you people who have jobs an kids?

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Weekends are best but I could even do an evening during the week. I'm so lonely for gardening I started talking to my insurance man about gardening today. He was trying to tell me about retirement financial planning and I told him about my greenhouse and all the stuff I have growing in it right now. Then he mentioned locking in a low rate on my equity loan and I told him all about my palm tree growing in the green house. I told him about the glitch I had in my thermostat and how many plants I have that are now coming back from the roots. I kept talking about gardening until he finally gave up trying to tell me about insurance and retirement and he started asking me about the greenhouse and how many things can you grow in it and can you grow veggies out of season, etc, etc. I was in heaven and he probably got in trouble with his supervisor for not selling any products. That's pretty bad folks when ya gotta talk to your insurance guy just to have a conversation about gardening. So how about that pow wow, is now too soon? Cheryl

• marcie_new
    14 years ago

WHERE? We don't even have to trade plants we could just sip water juice or whatever sit around and talk make plans draw diagrams for our fairy gardens. Trade info about plants. I work but I am pretty sure I could take a day off if I have notice ahead of time. Or weekend would work too.

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ok! How's Saturday Feb.13th?

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

What time & where??

• barefoot_in_texas
    14 years ago

Yep - the 13th will work for me. When and where?

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

Where the heck did she go???

Let's have it at *her* house!

Bwaaaa haaaaa haaaaa!

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Denny's @ I-20&Carrier Pkwy around 1030Am. Will that work?

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

sounds good!

good parking, big tables, continuous supply of coffee....

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Is that in Arlington?

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

It's right at the western edge of Grand Prairie, close to the "border" with Arlington.

easy to get on & off I-20.

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

How many is going to be there? Head count please.

• phyllisb2008
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Since the weather is so bad I quess no one wants to get out and also no head count replies so that tells me I'll see ya'll at the swap have a fun snowy day.

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Since my car is buried in 6' of snow in a ditch 1/2 mile from my house I don't think I'm gonna make it...

...there I was on my way home from work... been driving for nearly 3 hours in nearly whiteout conditions. I was 1/2 mile from the house and came upon a large truck stuck in a ditch and blocking the road. SO I backed up and went around another route. It was 2 miles farther, but still faster than waiting for him to get pushed out. Then I finally turned onto my own street and right in front of me another truck slid sideways and got stuck blocking the whole 2 lane road.

After about a half hour the guys got tired of trying to push him out of the ditch and I attempted to go around him by driving in the postman's tracks...but I got stuck. They were able to push me back into the center of the road and I continued on. I thought the hard part was going to be the double hairpin turn right at the top of the dip into the creek bottom, but I got through that without too much proble. I had only two 90* turns between me and the house.

I rounded the next to last turn and started up that hill. I got about 30 yards up and the car stopped going forward and started sliding backwards. So I let off the gas and the brakes and just let it slide slowly into the ditch. Fortunately I didn't hit anything hard, but when I stepped out of the car I sank up to my hips in snow.

When I made it around to the other side of the car I grabbed my purse, phone(which doesn't work out here), keys and the six baby chicks I just bought on the way home and put them inside my coat, and walked the rest of the way home.

The chicks made it home OK, it's lovely out there and we went out and built a snowman with our little grandson this morning. We've lost a beautiful old cedar tree down front, but everything else looks like it came through all right.

I called the insurance company to see if I could get pulled out and towed home, but they won't come out because our road won't get plowed since we are in unincorporated Springtown. Little Red is going to spend a couple more nights in the ditch. Could have been much worse! Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    14 years ago

Yikes!

glad you & chicks are warm & dry!

When I had to shovel snow yesterday for the first time in my life, I thought it was kinda fun;
    after all, it would all be gone by today!

This morning, I had to shovel the sidewalk to get to the birdfeeder, stopping along the way to whack the trees so the snow would fall off & the trees would spring up so I could go under them (note to interested parties: smart people know you don't stand under the trees when you do this...)

Then I spent FIFTY MINUTES getting out of the driveway;
    every time I had a "rut" shoveled, the car would slide!

Y'all stay warm & dry & feed the birds (there's not much food available this time of year, & they can't get to any of it right now), & I'll see you in April!

Sponsored