chocolate
spearmint
peppermint
lemon mint
maybe apple mint; it got cold.

soapwort

irises, mostly historic,
don't know the names until they bloom
These are good to fill in bare spots in your sunny gardens.

hope to have rosemary;
this is the first year I've tried to root it from cuttings.

4 o'clocks, mauvey-pink

daffodils

WANTS:

I'm trying to thin out my very crowded gardens (I know, you've heard that before), so what I can really use is in the category of "other":

gloves
coffee, pref one of Folger's dark blends
lotions, especially the heavenly shea butter lotions (Wal-Mart, maybe dollar stores)
brownies or other homemade lusciousness

but if anyone has pineapple mint, I'd love to have some of that!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ft Worth Spring Swap April 10 2010 Haves & Wants Thread

I might have some geraniums (or pelargoniums if you want to be exact). Other than that, I'm not quite sure what I will have. I might have some baby jade plants if all those cuttings have rooted. I won't have any roses this time, but will be in the market for some if anyone has any. Cheryl

o

I have

Pink lily
Shasta Daisy
airplane plant
Blue sedum
vinca purple
snow drops bloomin now
Rosemary
Oregano
Cilantro
Garlic chives
Parsley
cuttings of Forsythia,quince
a very small pecan tree

Wants

Gardenia
Camelia
??????

o

I have probably a dozen tall orange cannas (6-8 foot tall) and probably the same number of short (2-4 foot) yellow canna with orange spots. They need a new home, I am so over them ;-)

Pam

o

You will miss them when they are gone, Pam......LOL>

o

Pam, if you truly want to get rid of them I would like a few of the short yellow ones.

o

Carrie, I will NOT miss them! I am in love with the indica type cannas and the large flowered ones just go wild and reproduce like bunnies.

Phyllis, I work weekends and can't make the swap, so maybe we can co-ordinate a meeting place around the time of the swap and you can have as many as you want. Don't forget the 'reproduces like bunnies' comment ;-)

Pam

o

we planted some a couple years ago (Sylvia and me) but they don't do anything and something ate Sylvia's so I guess they missed the bunny class. Once it gets a little warmer I'll get with you.

o

I my own self can bring you some coral colored indicas;
I just love 'em, & *they* multiply like bunnies!

Yes, something ate everything that I planted in that bed, even the cannas & the onions...

I'd love to have some of the little uns.

See how it goes?
I said I'm getting rid of things, & I don't want things, & then somebody says "small cannas"...

Phyllis says I'm obsessive;
don't listen to her.

o

I have horseherb here as a ground cover. Is anyone interested in some?

Sylvia, I would love to trade a coral canna for the short yellow ones.

Pam

o

cool!
I'll bring some!

I love the coral indicas;
they go beautifully with coral honeysuckle, too.

o

I have, as usual, lunch with hot dogs, sodas, water, chips, etc., if that's okay with everybody. Sorry can't afford steak.

o

Awwwwww!

Can we help with the $$$?

just to offset a little bit?

o

What is horseherb used for? I looked it up and it looked like a yellow vine can horses eat it or what?

o

It's a native ground Phyllis. Calyptocarpus vialis is the formal name. It grows well here in all conditions including shady dry areas and can be mown if you so desire. Mine doesn't get taller than around 6 inches.

Pam

o

Thabks for the info. It looks good on the bing site very thick and was not very high and there were horses close by but could not tell if they were eating it.

o
Ft Worth Spring Swap April 10 2010 Haves & Wants Thread

anybody got any skullcap?

I've been reading up on this sun-lovoing perennial & want to try some different colors.

o
Anybody Here????

It seems like we usually have a lot of activity by this time (about 8 weeks before the Swap).

Is everybody snow-fatigued, or has everyone maybe moved south to escape the snow???

o

Well, if anyone else is like me right now, maybe they just aren't sure enough about what is still alive at this point!

I am planning on bringing home-made brownies and/or choc chip cookies at least, and I will gladly trade them for anything(plant-wise)!

I am mainly interested in yellow flowering plants of any sort and herbs/veggies but I have a big yard and I am just starting out, so I'll take anything that is offered.

If anyone is interested, I also have quite a few white irises that I can bring... I don't know their official name but they are very hardy, they bloomed around Christmas last year and they seem to multiply quickly.

o

grandburyflowergirl, The Iris is probably cemetary iris I've got one trying to bloom now. I have yellow cannas and some yellow 4O'clocks if I can find them. I also have parsley,rosemary,garlic chives and oregano. Sylvia will be on here later and she will be beggin for those brownies and cookies just tell her you traded them all to me and I know she will be very pleased.

o

Ahem.

Phyllis.

Don't be a heifer.

(but she's right, I'll always take all the brownies & such I can get!)

Cemetary iris (iris albicans) bloom once in the spring;
I never have heard of them blooming as early as Christmas, but with the roller coaster weather, they may have gotten confused.

I'll post some yellow-flowering sometihngs on the "Haves & Wants" thread for you, to try to keep this thread from getting any more off-center than it already is!

o
Oh, Wait A Minute...This *IS* the Haves & Wants Thread...

snork.

It's Monday.

That's my story & I'm a'stickin' to it!

I have yellow-flowering sedum, yellow historic iris, *maybe* some partridge pea if it emerges early enough-it blooms in the heat of summer, & some daffodils.

I'll have more stuff, too, so you just bake as much as you want!

o

This will be my 1st time at this swap.
I will be adding to my list as my seeds start coming up. I am a new gardener so will be seeking plants for my trades.

Have:
Society Garlic
aloe vera (it has darker green leaves, not sure of the name)
Texas Chaste/Vites Tree. 2 rooted Cuttings
Jack in the pulpit
Beauty Berry Bush. I can dig up some small ones on property
Money Plants if they survive.

Wants:
Roses anything other that knockout.
Clematis any
Salvia blues, purples, reds. I love all of it.
bleeding heart
pampas grass need lots for erosion control
ground covers
ornamental grasses
black eyed susan vine
hot poker plant
cardinal climber
any berry bushes or cuttings blueberry, blackberry, grapes
herbs/hot peppers
woodland sorrel
drought tolerant plants

o
Sylvia Mints

Sylvia,

I would love to have some of your chocolate, peppermint and spearmint. I have some lotion for you if there is not anything on my list you would like.

Joyce

o

Joyce, I would like to have the texas chaste trees. check my list abd see if there's anything you would like.

o

If anyone has lemon cucumbers I want them.

Cheryl, are you doing sweet peppers this year,if so please put me down for a couple.

I'll take some tomatoe plants if anyone has them.

o

LOL Sylvia and Phillis...I will make plenty of cookies and brownies so there will be enough to go around! Everything you both listed sounds great!

I may have some Heritage Raspberries too if they make it, I wont pretend to know what I am doing but when I pulled up the vines that were spreading out of their bed, each vine had a good clump of roots so I put them straight into pots and they seem to be doing well with lots of buds.

o

I love Raspberries save me one please.

o

beauswatch/joyce, I'll bring those mints, & I can bring rose *cuttings* if you like.

I'd love lotion and/or society garlic.

o

Phyllis, I would love to have some of your vinca purple and
snow drops. I'll bring you the 2 chaste trees. Thanks!

Sylvia, I would love to have some rose cuttings alongs with the mints. I'll bring you some lotion and some society garlic. Thanks!

o

now drop are blooming now and they smell heavenly.

o

didn't know snowdrops even grew here!

Phyllis, why donn't you post some pics of your pink lilies?

They're breathtaking!

(I never even liked lilies...til I saw those pink ones!)

o

pink lily

o

Beautiful, Phyllis !!!

o

Thanks Carrie! Do you think it's to big? haha

o

This is my first time, I haven't been to a swap in years!
I know I have:
John Fannick Phlox
A few hot pepper plants and tomato plants (primarily heirloom)
(I always grow too many and then have to find a home, since I refuse to dispose of them!)
Don't know what else I'll have yet, wish the weather would be more cooperative right now!

Wants:
No idea at this point!

Phyllis, I think I have some Lemon Cuke seeds I could bring you.

o

Ah, the better to see you with, my dear ....LOL>

o

sfmathews, Thanks I would love some seeds. I saved a bunch from last year,but I can't find them. which heirlooms are you doing this year? I've seeded a couple of pink brandtwines,golden jubilee,marianna's piece,green zebra and several early girls an celebrity. just hoping they do well this year because last year was a bummer. Is your phlox tall? If so I would like one.

o

Phyllis, the phlox is about 3 foot tall in bloom.
I've got a number of different b'wines, stupice, lots of blacks, sungold, big beef, pearson, and a number of others.
If you'd rather, I can mail you the lemon cuke seeds, if you want to start them before the swap.

o

Hello all I am new here, just met Sylvia on Thursday and she pointed me here :)

My best friend and I plan on coming to the swap here is what we will have SO far..

HAVE:
12 red spider/surprise lilies (these are from our old homestead)
6 Rutgers tomato plants (these are a good sized plant ready for gallon pot)
Fragrant Honeysuckle (just rooted)
Don Juan climbing roses (just rooted)
Black Willow cuttings (just rooted)
Globe Willow these are upright and gorgeous trees. (just rooted)
Texas Red Quince (just rooted)
Crepe Mrytle mostly purples (just rooted)

ALSO BAKED GOODS :D
Mississippi mud brownies
Blueberry Oat bars
Banana Nut Bread
Peanut Butter Blossoms

WANTS:
Daphne
Day lilies
Hostas
Hellebores
Bamboo
Coral Bells (Heuchera) ~no Blackout and no Amber
Looking Glass Brunnera
Grasses (like pampas other upright bushies)
Roses (prefer chinas)
Lavender
Japanese Maples
Crepe Myrtle other than purple :)

We look forward to meeting you all!

o

sfmathews,would you send me an email so I can send you my address please.

o

Today we also started:

Heirloom Tomato ~ about 15 different varieties
Basil ~ lettuce leaf, genovese & sweet

I am sure there will be more things ready before the swap. If anyone has interest in any of the things I have listed just let me know :)

o

randeeki - my DH and I provide lunch and drinks and such. I would love to trade you lunch for some of your surprise lilies.

Sylvia - I need some more chocolate mint if you have enough.

Sfmatthews - would you be willing to trade lunch for hot pepper plants and/or phlox?

beauswatch - will you trade lunch for jack-in-the-pulpit?

o

barefoot in texas That sounds like a fair trade to me. I bring you a jack in the pulpit for lunch. Thanks.

randeeki I would love to have the don juan rooted climber and some of your fragrant honeysuckle.

I have a lot of japanese maple seedlings. They were started this past fall and have quite a few I could trade.
I also started some red rocket crepe mrytle seeds. I am waiting to see if they were a success. I could bring you some if they are.

Phylis, I sure would like have one of your pink lilies. It's so pretty. Could I please have one of your shasta daisies?

I do have some gardenias that I could get cuttings off of for you. You will have to direct me in how to do it.

I think I will have a rooted knockout rose to trade and 2 persian buttercups if anyone is interested.

o

Barefoot, that sounds great how many would you like? I have 12 bulbs I put in a flat but I have ALOT more if anyone else wants some.

Beauswatch~ I would love to trade for some maples and the crepes, if they take. I just started the don juans and the Honeysuckle, I am certain it will take. The roses I am pretty sure will take if not I can always give you more.. we have 4 don juan climbers I am not sure why but one year we went red climber crazy :)

o

beauswatch, the lily and a shasta for you ,how about one of your japanese maples ,mine bit the dust.

randeeki,I would like to try a couple of your heirloom tomatoes is there anything you might like/

Brenda, do I get a hotdog this year? What do you want me to bring?

o

Randee,
Are your surprise lilies the pink ones?
I love those things.
I'll be glad to bring you some bamboo & some Orange Kwanzo daylilies for surprise lilies and/or brownies.

Brenda, I have your name on a chocolate mint.

Joyce, if you have enough Japanese maple seedlings, I'd love to have some.
I have you down for 3 mints & a bucket of rose cuttings.

granburyflowergirl, I have you down for yellow sedum, historic yellow iris, daffs, & partridge pea if it emerges in time (it's a hot-weather plant) in return for brownies.

& if you're a non-baking person who doesn't have plants to trade, I'll swap for any dark-roast Folger's coffee or some such (one year Debbie brought me dog food!).

o

Phyllis,

How big is the Pecan tree?

Sylvia,

The surprise lillies are a dark dark pink red color. They are gorgeous when they spring up in the fall.

We would love more of the bamboo and a couple of lillies, how many Surprise lilies would you like?

o

I expect to Have:
Jade Plant, rooted cuttings (these have pink blooms)
Orange daylilies (as usual, bags of 12 or so)
One Dreamweaver rose
Elephant Garlic cloves
Painted terra cotta pots
Seed starting flats/trays

Wants:
A sunny day to enjoy our meeting
Smiling Faces to look at
Some good jokes to take back to the office
And a dog and a coke from Barefootie

Cheryl

o

Randee, I have a lot of schoolhouse lilies, the red ones that bloom in autumn; they're about 15" maybe, & they bloom after the foliage emerges.

The surprise lilies that I was thinking of are lycoris squamigera, which bloom before their foliage appears.

I *loooove* them.

If your plants are lycoris squamigera, bring me a few/several/bushels (I never heard of a red-toned one, sounds gorgeous);
if they're schoolhouse lilies, although I love those, too, I already have a bunch of them, so save those to trade with someone else.

Cheryl,
Well, *there* you are!
been wondering when you'd pop in...

I will have to start hoarding jokes for you.

Let me know if you want something else that I can bring.

Attention traders:
I googled the Dreamweaver rose, & it's a gorgeous pink climber; the flowers remind me of petticoats.

o

Cheryl,

I would be interested in the dreamweaver, please let me know if you are interested in anything we have.

o

The lilies we have are Spider Lilies (Lycoris radiata). I do not know how to post a picture or I would :(

o

Randeeki, The Pecan tree is only 2 yrs old so about 6 in. tall not very big.

o

Spider lilies I love, too!

A 6" pecan tree isn't very big, no, but pecan trees have such long tap roots that it's very hard to get the whole root if you try to transplant one that's much bigger...

I'd go ahead & get the small tree & keep a tomato cage around it until it's big enough to defend itself.

I saw some tomato cages the other day that were all kinds of bright colors, & that seems like a good idea, too;
you'd be less likely to run over a tomato cage if it were bright pink or lime green or electric blue!

o

Cheryl, you have a message on the Conversations Page.

(I was askeered to post it here in case gardenweb thought it inappropriate).

o

Phyllis I would love the little Pecan!

I think I figured out the pictures They pop up in fall with no warning and then their foliage comes in over winter.

I am sorry I called them surprise.. they are actually Spider but the are certainly a surprise when they spring up :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Lilies

o

Barefoot,

I wanted to make sure you know exactly which lilies I have available. Please see the post I made with the picture and let me know if you are still interested.

Sylvia,
would you like some still? I will definitely have baked goods for anyone who wants some if you prefer that instead.

Randi

o

Randeeki, I will bring you some jap. maples seedlings. and hopefully some red crepes.

Sylvia, Phyllis and Randeeki I'll bring each of you 2 or 3 each of the Japanese Maple Seedlings. Would this be ok? They are fickle little things. I don't want to promise more just in case.

sfmathews, could I please have some of your John Fannick Phlox and one of your hot pepper plants. Is there anything you are looking for?

I will have more to offer in trades as my seeds grow.

o

Randi, I confess that the Dreamweaver is a beautiful pink climber, but the reason I'm letting it go is because it wouldn't climb. It's been in a pot all winter and I'm hoping that it will have a change of heart in a new location. The tallest it ever got for me was about 4'. It bloomed profusely all summer except for in the very hottest weather, so if you don't have your little heart set on a rambler she won't disappoint. She's a good size and never had trouble with BS or PM. Cheryl

o

Cheryl,

I am not picky :) We have a very old farmhouse and we are working on filling the yard with roses. Do I have anything that you would be interested in?

Randi

o

Sylvia,

I have one plug,of Pineapple Mint, its pretty small but its mint so it will go crazy I would think. I would LOVE some of your Schoolhouse Lilies. I could bring it to you this weekend with the bucket or rabbit droppings I have for you :)

randi

o

This is my list so far. If I miss anyone or have the wrong info please let me know. This swap forum gets so long it takes forever to go through it,so this way I won't have to start from the beginning.

beauswatch is getting...vinca,pink lily,white ??drops and shasta daisy. for me....2 texas chaste and japanesse maples.

granburyflower getting...parsley,rosemary,oregano an yellow cannas.for me....raspbery vine and brownies.

randeeki getting pecan tree..for me heirloom tomatoe.

sfmathewsgetting??????. for me phlox and cuke seeds. susan let me know what you would like.

Cheryl I will trade you a smile and a hug for a jade plant.

o

I came to the swap last fall with my mom....barefootintexas is my fabulous aunt! We are looking forward to the swap in April. So far these are some of the things we know we will have...we are still making lists and checking stuff out.

HAVES:
A few types of sedum
Cleome
White and Red Poppy seeds
Red Bee Balm seeds
White Star Hibiscus seeds

I am starting some seeds of several other varieties, so we will see how they do between now and then.

YUMMIES

Raspberry Brownies
Snickerdoodles
Hot and Spicy Crackers

WANTS

Any shade loving plants (ferns, hostas,etc)

Will post again soon when I have a better list. Just wanted to get in on the swappin!

o

randi, you read my mind!

I had a pineapple mint one year, moved it around to try to get it in a happy mood, finally lost it.

I *love* that stuff.

beauswatch, I never have grown any maple before, so I'm happy to get 2 or 3 chances!

bloomingirl, good to "see" you again!
I think I'll have some variegated aucuba;
it's a nice evergreen&everbrightyellow shade plant;
all you have to do is water it reasonably, mulch it against heat & cold, & throw a sheet over it in freezing weather.

o

Phyllis - of course you get a dog this year. If you have an extra pink lily that would be great, if not that's okay too.

Redeeki - Yep, still want those lilies.

Cheryl - I'll have to start jotting down notes on some of my better jokes. Trade you a dog and a coke for an elephant garlic clove?

Hey Heater (bloomingirl) - been wondering when you were going to jump in. Raspberry brownies? Yummy,

Does anybody need/want dog treats? My neighbor works for a vet and keeps bringing me bags full of individually packaged Pedigree doggie treats. Happy to share. Not that my dogs aren't spoiled rotten, but I have a lot of them.

o

me me me!

My dogs are humble dogs & would be most grateful for treats!

Think of sumpn else I can bring you!

o

Brenda, a pink lily for you and I'll take some of your doggie treats please.

Bloomingirl, brownies and snickerdoodle please and I have a hosta for you......loves shade.

o

Sylvia, that sounds great. Would love to try it!

Phyllis, you got it my dear! I love hosta!

Also thinking we will have:

Bridal Wreath bush
Red and Pink Hollyhock
A couple of kinds of daylilly
Purple Coneflower
Violas

Also...will anyone have any habanero pepper plants?

o
silvia

Silvia, almost forgot....Folgers for the aucuba? ;)

o

Folger's for aucuba!
yay!

randi, I missed something you said;
I'll try to get some schoolhouse lilies dug for you today;
call me & let me know if / when you'll be in the area with the bunny poo!

(or I can put them in a container on the driveway with your name on it)

o

Scuse the typing bloomingirl. My neice's name is Heather NOT Heater. Duh

Sylvia and Phyllis - I'll bring treats for your fur babies.

o

Coco

Coco says "Thank you Brenda"

o

Hey folks! I'll be at the swap as well, I'm just behind on figuring out what I will be able to dig up for the swap.

I'm not really planning on pre-swaps, unless someone really needs what I have:
: some small eastern red Cedar plants
: Kerria japonica (single Japanese rose - definitely a thug)
: Winter honeysuckle (a bush honeysuckle that's very fragrant)
: some kind of small spirea - it was hiding under another plant so its form is kind of lacking right now
: American beautyberry (all different sizes)
: Carolina buckthorn (maybe one or two)
: (dis)obedient plant
: maybe a bay that was hiding in the greenhouse (gotta check the floor)

I really have to get out to the homestead with the idea of digging stuff up, but I've been limited by the lack of pots and energy...been planting too many things.

I'll be looking for shade plants - shrubs, tree seedlings, ground covers - since my sun is mostly limited and reserved for crinums, salvias, and roses :).

o

Lin, does the buckthorn drop berries?

o

Wow, this is hard to keep up with!

HAVES:
brownies
raspberry vines
pecan seedlings
zinnia seeds
aloe vera

Barkingdog:
what do you mean by a "thug"? I looked up Kerria Japonica and it looks like it has beautiful yellow flowers, if that's true, I would love to have it. I don't know if I have anything you want...brownies may help with low energy ;-) and I can bring several pecan seedlings if you are interested they seem to do okay in filtered shade.

Silvia:
I have you down for brownies, if possible could you bring me a small chocolate mint instead of daffodils? I already have quite a few daffs.

Phyllis:
I am bringing you brownies and a raspberry vine. Also, I think you had originally mentioned garlic chives, can you still bring me some of those? If you have enough shasta daisies, I would love one of those instead of the rosemary as I already have a really large healthy rosemary.

Cheryl:
I would love an elephant garlic...let me know if you would be willing to trade for anything I have (see list above).

Randeeki:
I would love any heirloom tomatoes, let me know if I have anything you want(see list above).

Beauswatch:
If you haven't committed them all yet, would you trade a Japanese maple seedling and a society garlic for a couple of heritage raspberry vines?

Sfmathews:
I would like heirloom tomatoes and phlox if I have anything you want (see list above)

Thanks
Nik

o

Hi Nik!

By "thug" I mean if you don't keep it pruned, it will root everywhere the branches touch the ground! When I went to move it out of my bed that's in full-sun and watered regularly, I stopped counting at 40 rooted branches. It does look very nice though, and I can bring you several. I can also look to see if the double form has any offsets (it's a little better behaved as it's not in full sun). I'd love some of your white irises if you have some, or a pecan seedling, or a raspberry vine. :)

Phyllis, the Carolina buckthorn must drop seeds as I have seedlings throughout the yard. Of course, this was after I spent $20 on a one-gallon at Green Mama's, only to find that I have it native on my property. Doh! LMK if you want me to put your name on one...

Lin

o

Nik, a Shasta abd garlic chives for you.

Brenda, can I have a THUG abd a buckthorn?

o

BFG: Yes, lunch would be a fine trade for for hot pepper plants and/or phlox. I should be able to bring you both. Just waiting to see how many new phlox pop up.

Beauswatch: Yes, you may also have some phlox and peppers. I have no idea yet what I'm going to want, I'll have to get back to you.

GFB(Nik): If all the raspberries aren't spoken for, I sure would love one. I can bring Pholx. I have way too many tomatoes to list here, so if there are any particulars you are looking for, please ask. I'll see if I have it or something similar.
I mostly have blacks, reds, pinks, oranges/yellow, full size slicers and cherries.

Bloomingirl: I don't have Habanero but have Peter Pepper and Lemon Drop, along with a few jalapenos.

o

Haves:
Larkspur seedlings, mixed colors
One (1) Chihuahan (sp?) Sage
All kinds of seeds for veggies, annuals perennials. If you are looking for something, ask and I'll see if I have it.
More to come...

o

sfmathews...those sound good to try.
Are they hot or sweet? Would you trade some brownies or snickerdoodles for those?

o

Hey Phyllis - I'm the one with the thug, not Brenda :)

I'll put aside a kerria japonica (you've got room for it) and a buckthorn. If you could pot up some snowdrops for me, and some blue sedum, that would be great!

Oh- I also have a Hall's honeysuckle (vine), the one with the yellow and white flowers. It does travel but oh the scent!

o
RE: Ft Worth Spring Swap April 10 2010 Lin's Haves & Wants Thread

Thought I'd post it all again:

: some small eastern red Cedar plants
: Kerria japonica (single Japanese rose)
: Winter honeysuckle (a bush honeysuckle that's very fragrant)
: some kind of small spirea - it was hiding under another plant so its form is kind of lacking right now
: American beautyberry (all different sizes)
: Carolina buckthorn
: (dis)obedient plant
: a small bay tree
: Hall's honeysuckle
: Confederate rose (double pink form) - this is a rooted cutting that I'll pot up today.

So far I have promised a kerria to Nik (granburyflowergirl) and Phyllis (phyllisb2008), and a buckthorn to Phyllis, pending acceptance of my proposed trades (that sounds like legalese- sorry!)

Brenda, what would you like in exchange for lunch?

o

Susan, Do you have chocolate cherry or a yellow low acid tomato?

o

barkingdogwoods... I would love some confederate rose. Would you consider a trade for some brownies or snickerdoodles?

o

Heather (bloomingirl), the confederate rose is yours. However, I need to stay away from sweets, so I looked at your list and I would love a daylily if you still have some. If not, pick out something else for me...

Thanks!

o

chocolate mint substituted for daffs, nik!

o

Granbury, I will bring you some jap. maple seedlings and some society garlic. I would love to have some of your raspberry vines.

barkingdogwoods, Could I please have the bay tree seedling?

I will have some sweet william and formosan lily that I winter sowed for trades. Also have some rooted purple heart cuttings.

This is so much fun!

o

beauswatch...I would love some of your purple heart and society garlic.

o

Lin, I knew that.duhh.That sounds good,but Sylvia was telling me she didn't think snow drops grew here so I started looking and they are a paperwhite called Ariel so If you still want them that would be great.

o

bloomingirl, I will bring you some purple heart and society garlic.

Could I please have some of your Bridal Wreath bush and a day lily.

o

Lin - I can always find a place for disobedient plant.

o
RE: Ft Worth Spring Swap Door Prizes?

Sylvia - are we doing the door prize drawing? Don't remember seeing anything about it yet.

o

beauswatch...I will bring the bridal wreath and daylilly!

sylvia...I was wondering about the doorprize drawing as well.

o
barkingdogwoods swap

barkingdogwoods....a daylilly it is!

o

Bloomingirl, they are hot. I got the seeds from a friend, who grows them, dries them and uses them in his chili. He is a chili fanatic, he attends chili contests all over Texas. I've personally not had either pepper before, but both are probably around a medium heat. Thanks for the cookies offer, but I'd better not. I guarantee those would all be gone before I got back home (and I'm not bringing anyone else with me! ;P )

Phyllis, I don't have Chocolate cherry. I do have Black Cherry. I think the only yellow that came up for me is Lemon Boy, a hybrid. It was quite mild tasting (to me) last year. I don't know if it qualifies as low acid, however. But I think I may have an extra seedling I can bring you if you are interested.

o

I thought I put it somewhere....

maybe I just put guidelines in the other thread.

I'll make a separate post for the doorprize.

thanks!

o
hot peppers

sfmathews...just let me know what you would like to trade. I would love to try those peppers out..we like em hot!

o
FT swap

Phyllis, I sure would love to have one of those pink lilies, if you have any left. BTW, are they fragrant? (That's always a bonus!)

Beauswatch, I would love one of the Formosan lilies.

Bloomingirl, I'll bring you one of each of the Peter Pepper and Lemon. I wouldn't mind havins some of the Cleome in exchange.

Susan

o

Susan, what ever you bring me is fine I love to try any type of tomato. Of course the pink lily is yours and it does have a light fragrance.

o

Phyllis, I don't really need paperwhites (I have a few pots to plant yet) - maybe another pink lily?

Heather, yay hooray for a daylily!

Brenda, I'll pot up a bunch of (dis)obedient plants :)

Joyce/beauswatch - the bay tree is yours; do you have an extra Formosan lily in exchange? If not a Japanese maple seedling would be fun :)

Thanks!
Lin

o

sfmathews, I will bring you some Formosan lilies. Let me know if there is anything else I have that you would like. I am receiving some phlox and hot peppers from you.

barkingdogwoods, I will bring you some Formosan Lilies and a J. maple seedling.

Thank You!
Joyce

o

Lin, a pink lily for ya.

o

Hey everyone....I will also have several old issues of Country Garden Magazine that I no longer need. Most are @ 1-2 years old, if anyone is interested.

o

Joyce (beauswatch), I have bad news. I checked on the bay tree today - it's still nice and green, and I thought I saw roots in the cup so I thought I'd transplant it. No roots. This little monkey has been set up to root from LONG before the fall swap (so close to a year) - I put rooting hormone on it (again) and stuck it back in the cup and bag, but I don't think it will root in time for the swap. You can still have it but it's not a fair swap.

What else can I bring you? I have a small fig that is started, and I'll have some basil transplants (lettuce leaf and Genovese), in addition to what's on my list.

I am so bummed.

o

Hey - by the way - if anybody wants some, I have a ton of bay leaves - I had to prune my biggest tree some. I'll be drying them and can bring to the swap to share with folks who cook. They're yummy!!!

o

Haves:

NOIDs: cuttings are from cuttings taken from Carrie few season back I think. Colors range from lite pinks, whites, and peaches.

I do have several NOIDs that may have survived our cold weather from last winter. Each one was cut back to the ground before first frost and look like they may have survied. I will dig these up for trade for something special. All brug cuttings will be cuttings without a Y's and may not bloom this year.

Adora (not sure if this is the right name) Brug cuttings.

Wants:
Indoor house plants. Low light to medium light conditions. Sweet heart plants, pathos, and other types of indoor plants

Named Brugs

Dr Seuss Brug

Daturas

Honey Suckles

Passion Vine

Shrimp Plant red or yellow

Candel Stick plant

Succulents

Sedums

Milk and Wine Lily Crinum zeylanicum

Turk's caps

Esperanza also know as Yellow Bells, Hardy Yellow Trumpet, Trumpet-flower, Yellow Elder

Texas Star Hibiscus

Hardy Hibiscus

o

I would love an Adora Brug cutting. Check my lists above and see what might interest you for a trade.

I will also have:

Candy Stripe Cosmos seeds
Butterfly Orchid seeds
Danish Flag Poppy Seeds

o

barkingdogwoods, It's ok about the bay tree. I would be happy with the small fig or some of your basil. Yum!

o

Beauswatch/Joyce, you're on! Small fig and some basil coming your way :)

Lin

o

Heather - could I please have some Danish flag poppy seed?

o
RE: Tadpoles?

Do any of you folks that have ponds happen to have, or maybe will have, some tadpoles? Would love to get a few for our pond.

o

Brenda, I usually have tons of them,but can't see any right now. I'll bring some if they are visible swap day.

o

Thanks Phyllis.

o

Aunt Bren..I'll bring you some Danish Flag seeds.

o

bloomingirl, I am interested in the butterfly orchid seeds. Can you tell me a little about it?
Thanks,
Susan

o

sfmathews...it is a part shade @ 12'' tall plant. The leaves are very whispy and fernlike. The blooms for the seeds I have are pale pink outer petal, bright pink inner petal and a yellow and white center. The blooms look very much like an orchid. Very pretty.

o

Hi Heather -

I'd like some Danish Flag poppy seeds as well - is there anything else on my list you'd like?

Lin

o

Bloomingirl I'd think I'd like to try some of those butterfly orchid seeds.
Thanks,
Susan

o

Lin... I will bring those seeds. I think I would like some of your winter honeysuckle.

Susan, I will bring your seeds as well.

o

Hello, I am here, though a bit late. Life and all that. I will have to spend some time going through all the haves and wants and such - just not up for it right now!

What I've Got:
salvia (mealy cup sage)
limelight artemisia
regular silver artemisia
butter and eggs wildflowers (asian toadflax - invasive but tough)
grape hyacinth
random irises running wild in the yard in great herds, like the bison of the Old West
Pots, mostly gallon sized
Will probably have other random perennials, but heck if I can think of them right now.

What I Might Have:
Light blue/purple passion flower (it's not up yet)
Dark blue columbine (only trading for something pretty cool that I don't have)
Asian jasmine and liriope, but I'm only digging up that stuff if someone asks for it.

What I Want:
Edible things
Herbs
Mints (the chickens ate all mine. They have now been exiled from the veg garden.)
Shade things
Purple, blue, pink perennials
Rain lilies
A pony

On a note that is only slightly related, do any of you gardening folk raise fiber animals? Because I recently started spinning yarn, and I would so trade plants for fiber! Long shot, but I figured hey, it's worth mentioning.

o

Heather, there's a winter honeysuckle with your name on it :) I love these at this time of year....

Thanks!
Lin

o

I have bad news.. I will not be able to make it to the swap. Personal reasons that are out of my control.

This is so disappointing. I was hoping to make some new friends and pick up a few plants along the way.

I am so sorry! I had some great trades lined up, too!

Joyce

o

Joyce, I'm so sorry that you can't make it to the swap;
is there someone in your area who can pick up your trades & bring back the ones you're to receive?

& we have an autumn swap, too.

momfox, I was just getting ready to send out a search party!

I'll bring mints for sure, chocolate mint, spearmint, apple mint, lemon mint, maybe peppermint, although it hasn't stuck its head out of the dirt yet, & I planted about a zillion lettuces which are sprouting; if they make it to the transplant stage, I'll bring you some of those.

The dark blue columbine sounds glorious, but I don't know what I have that would be a fair trade;
I don't have any actual rain lilies, but I do have some schoolhouse lilies, soft red amaryllids that bloom in the autumn after their foliage dies back.

Also have hyacinthoides hispanica, Spanish bluebells, glorious, beautiful blue things that come up & bloom in the spring & disappear til next spring.

They like bright shade or semi-shade-
mine like their spot on the northeast side of a deciduous tree.

o

Sorry, Joyce - we'll miss you at the swap. I hope all is well with you and yours...

o

Sylvia - I would love spanish bluebells if you have extra.

o

I'll bring 'em, Brenda!

o

Here's what I have so far:

Haves:
Tall White Yarrow (gets 3-4' tall)
Pink Flowering Jade (rooted cuttings)
Painted Terra Cotta Pots (these are original paintings on terra cotta pots painted with my own little sweaty hands, all with floral themes)
Orange Day Lilies(ya seen one ya seen em all)
Elephant Garlic cloves(you could flavor your spaghetti sauce with just the aroma from one of these bad boys)
Seed starting flats/trays (Gently used of course)

For:
Phyllis-Jade for a bit of your blue sedum, por favor?
Randi-I'm sorry that Dreamweaver Rose was budding out and then it just died dead as a hammer.
Lin-Painted Pots-I know we did make a trade for these, I just thought you'd like them, you've given me so many nice things the past couple of years.
Barefootie-Elephant Garlic Cloves(wards off vampire elephants-ya don't want one of them biting your neck)

Cheryl

o
OOPs

OOPs, Lin, I meant to say we didn't make a trade for the pots, I just thought you'd like them. Cheryl

o

They sound lovely, Cheryl, and I'll cherish your artwork!

But you know I'd love to unload on you, I mean give something to you in trade :) Just LMK what you're looking for (sun/shade, or even indoor plants) and I'll poke around and find something that might tickle your fancy.

Mark Harmon stays with me though (I think I just found the name for my next boy puppy :)

o

Hi, just checking in to see what is available. I will see what I have that people might want and post in a few days.
Though it doesn't look like I have that much different to offer from last year.
Sylvia, if you still have a bit of the spanish bluebells, I would love to trade for them.

o
RE: catagory-other

Sylvia, in the catagory of other, I have some handmade soaps if you are interested.

o

serenity, I'll pot up some more bluebells!
Handmade soap sounds wunnerful, as long as it isn't eucalyptus.
Lavender, oatmeal, almond, vanilla,shea butter or some such?

My cousin used to make soaps, & she had one called something like ocean rain or ocean mist; it was exquisite!

o

Mommyfox, did you hatch out a bunch of baby chicks this year? I bought 15 chicks and I had only one adult hen left from my flock of old ladies. So I tried putting 9 of the chicks with her and she adopted them right away. A few days later I tried to put the rest of them under her and she rejected them. Then three of those (Ameraucanas) chicks were attacked and killed by the hen and I think one of them was the roo. So this long sad story is to ask if by any chance you have a roo that you could part with? I would like to have another Ameraucana for the colored eggs, but any roo will do, since I really just want more chicks to build up my flock again. I only have four Ameraucanas left, 8 of the older chicks are Buff Orphingtons and one of them must be something else since she's all white. Cheryl

o

wonder if she rejected them because she was "protecting" the ones she'd adopted already?

maybe you could dump a whole schoolroom of 'em on her all at once & she'd never know the difference.

o

More Haves:
Terra Cotta Yarrow (more pinkish than orange)
Bog Sage
Fireworks Solidago (Golden Rod)

o

Yeah, that's what I should have done, but it's too late now. Once these chicks are up and start roosting at night instead of sitting under her wings she won't be as aggressive towards the others anymore. I'd like to order another buch of chicks for her to raise then and bring the flock up to about 30. All she has to do it lay one egg and start to set and then I'll swoop in during the night and slip the chicks underneath her in the nest box. She wakes up in the morning and voila! new kids, and she goes into mother hen mode for the next 12 weeks.

But hey, where is Julie anyway? I'm all broke up about losing those Ameraucanas, but not absolutely certain that I've lost my roo. I would still be in the market for another roo chick or even a big roo if she has one to spare. Cheryl

o

Hi! Hoping to come this year! I need to reconfirm:
1) is this still @ Trinity park? Trinity Park is big so is it in a certain part of Trinity Park?
2) does this still start around 10am?

Will be bringing some friends so I want to have all my facts straight....

Thank you in advance
Ruthie

o

Hi Susan (sfmathews) -

I would love some of your solidago - is there anything on my list you would want?

Lin (barkingdogwoods)

o

Ruthie, it's now in a pavilion in the park in front of the Zoo.

From I-30, go *south* on University & turn left at Colonial toward the zoo.

Follow the road into a curving area, & when you see the ballfields on your right, take the next (immediate) right into the parking lot.

The pavilion will be right in front of you.

seems like we claim to start at 10, but there will be people there earlier & people who arrive later.

You might look over the other Ft Worth Swap threads;
I know there's one that starts "It's Official!" that explains a lot of things, & a separate one for the Door Prizes.

look forward to seeing you there!

o

Seamommy, I have about 80 eggs in the incubator right now. They're due to hatch April 1st, so they're sure to be goofy chickens. Though is there really any other kind? :-D The vast majority are "random chickens," a mix of all kinds of birds; their genetic coup will include cochin, silkie, turken, ameraucana, barred rock, leghorn, brown chicken, black chicken, white chicken - you get the point! I do have 10 green eggs that are a cross between Ameraucanas and Wyandottes. I'm interested in seeing what comes from them - but you know what they say about counting your chickens before they hatch. I would be happy to bring you some chicks.

o

Julie, when those green eggs hatch put a red dot on those chicks backs so you can tell them apart from all the others. Do you know how to sex them yet? What do you want in trade for a few of them? How big is your pen that you have room for 80 chicks? Where do you live? I gotta come see your set-up. Cheryl

o

Lin, do you have any extra rooted fig cuttings?

Susan

o
Haves & Wants Thread

just talked to an old gardening friend who can't make it to the swap, but he'll send irises via me in exchange for

jalapeno pepper plants
probably other kinds of peppers
& slicing tomato plants (rather than cherry or salad tomatoes)

Since I'll have boucoups of extra stuff, I'll be happy to bring you something in exchange for peppers & tomatoes for him.

Thanks!

(He has acreage, will be able to use lots of garden plants)

o

Cheryl,
I have room for 80 chicks because they go really fast! Last time it took me 4 days to sell through 77 chicks. It's very basic - the incubator and a couple of brooders made from cardboard boxes. The green-egged chicks I will definitely be putting a dot on! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to sell those for $5 a piece; the last time I had some green-eggers, I had a LOT of people interested. This time, I'll be keeping most of them. But if you want a few chicks from the brown eggs, you're welcome to them. Another GardenWeb member very kindly gave me the incubator for free, so I'll consider this a GardenWeb pay-it-forward.

o

Susan, I have a rooted fig cutting that was going to be Joyce's, but she isn't able to make the swap so it will be yours. (I'll check it tomorrow to make sure it handled the snow okay...)

o

Sounds good Lin. Although I hate taking someone else's 'want'!

o

It's okay, Susan - fig trees are easy to start; I can do another for Joyce for the next swap.

o

Update.

Haves:
I did some spring cleaning and I came across some wooden Trellis scrap. These vary in size from small to medium size (need an SUV to haul away). If interested contact me via email for a trade. Some of these I can carry to the swap. but the larger ones you will have to pick up.

NOIDs: cuttings are from cuttings taken from Carrie few season back I think. Colors range from lite pinks, whites, and peaches.

I do have several NOIDs that may have survived our cold weather from last winter. Each one was cut back to the ground before first frost and look like they may have survied. I will dig these up for trade for something special. All brug cuttings will be cuttings without a Y's and may not bloom this year.

Adora (not sure if this is the right name) Brug cuttings.

Wants:
Indoor house plants. Low light to medium light conditions. Sweet heart plants, pathos, and other types of indoor plants

Named Brugs
Dr Seuss Brug
Daturas
Honey Suckles
Passion Vine
Shrimp Plant red or yellow
Candel Stick plant
Succulents
Sedums
Milk and Wine Lily Crinum zeylanicum
Turk's caps
Esperanza also know as Yellow Bells, Hardy Yellow Trumpet, Trumpet-flower, Yellow Elder
Texas Star Hibiscus
Hardy Hibiscus

Please send me an email if interested in a trade...

o

element...I posted to your earlier post that I would like an adora brug. Please check my posts, I have a few that list my haves and see what you might would be interested in for a trade.

Thanks!

o

Is anyone interested in any elderberries? I have some that I'm pulling up from my front/side yard and can stick in a bucket so they stay alive till the swap. I don't have pots large enough for them, nor soil enough to fill the pots, but they do well going from ground to buckets to ground.

Just LMK if you want some ... their flowers are really pretty as a backdrop, and if you don't mess with the berries the birds will thank you..

o

Barkingdogwoods I'm interested in the elderberries. I would love to get some.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here