chocolate

spearmint

peppermint

lemon mint

maybe apple mint; it got cold.

soapwort

irises, mostly historic,

don't know the names until they bloom

These are good to fill in bare spots in your sunny gardens.

hope to have rosemary;

this is the first year I've tried to root it from cuttings.

4 o'clocks, mauvey-pink

daffodils

WANTS:

I'm trying to thin out my very crowded gardens (I know, you've heard that before), so what I can really use is in the category of "other":

gloves

coffee, pref one of Folger's dark blends

lotions, especially the heavenly shea butter lotions (Wal-Mart, maybe dollar stores)

brownies or other homemade lusciousness

but if anyone has pineapple mint, I'd love to have some of that!

Comments (150)

• phyllisb2008
    14 years ago

Lin, a pink lily for ya.

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

Hey everyone....I will also have several old issues of Country Garden Magazine that I no longer need. Most are @ 1-2 years old, if anyone is interested.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Joyce (beauswatch), I have bad news. I checked on the bay tree today - it's still nice and green, and I thought I saw roots in the cup so I thought I'd transplant it. No roots. This little monkey has been set up to root from LONG before the fall swap (so close to a year) - I put rooting hormone on it (again) and stuck it back in the cup and bag, but I don't think it will root in time for the swap. You can still have it but it's not a fair swap.

What else can I bring you? I have a small fig that is started, and I'll have some basil transplants (lettuce leaf and Genovese), in addition to what's on my list.

I am so bummed.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Hey - by the way - if anybody wants some, I have a ton of bay leaves - I had to prune my biggest tree some. I'll be drying them and can bring to the swap to share with folks who cook. They're yummy!!!

• element321
    14 years ago

Haves:

NOIDs: cuttings are from cuttings taken from Carrie few season back I think. Colors range from lite pinks, whites, and peaches.

I do have several NOIDs that may have survived our cold weather from last winter. Each one was cut back to the ground before first frost and look like they may have survied. I will dig these up for trade for something special. All brug cuttings will be cuttings without a Y's and may not bloom this year.

Adora (not sure if this is the right name) Brug cuttings.

Wants:
    Indoor house plants. Low light to medium light conditions. Sweet heart plants, pathos, and other types of indoor plants

Named Brugs

Dr Seuss Brug

Daturas

Honey Suckles

Passion Vine

Shrimp Plant red or yellow

Candel Stick plant

Succulents

Sedums

Milk and Wine Lily Crinum zeylanicum

Turk's caps

Esperanza also know as Yellow Bells, Hardy Yellow Trumpet, Trumpet-flower, Yellow Elder

Texas Star Hibiscus

Hardy Hibiscus

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

I would love an Adora Brug cutting. Check my lists above and see what might interest you for a trade.

I will also have:

Candy Stripe Cosmos seeds
    Butterfly Orchid seeds
    Danish Flag Poppy Seeds

• beauswatch
    14 years ago

barkingdogwoods, It's ok about the bay tree. I would be happy with the small fig or some of your basil. Yum!

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Beauswatch/Joyce, you're on! Small fig and some basil coming your way :)

Lin

• barefoot_in_texas
    14 years ago

Heather - could I please have some Danish flag poppy seed?

• barefoot_in_texas
    14 years ago

Do any of you folks that have ponds happen to have, or maybe will have, some tadpoles? Would love to get a few for our pond.

• phyllisb2008
    14 years ago

Brenda, I usually have tons of them,but can't see any right now. I'll bring some if they are visible swap day.

• barefoot_in_texas
    14 years ago

Thanks Phyllis.

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

Aunt Bren..I'll bring you some Danish Flag seeds.

• sfmathews
    14 years ago

bloomingirl, I am interested in the butterfly orchid seeds. Can you tell me a little about it?
    Thanks,
    Susan

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

sfmathews...it is a part shade @ 12'' tall plant. The leaves are very whispy and fernlike. The blooms for the seeds I have are pale pink outer petal, bright pink inner petal and a yellow and white center. The blooms look very much like an orchid. Very pretty.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Hi Heather -

I'd like some Danish Flag poppy seeds as well - is there anything else on my list you'd like?

Lin

• sfmathews
    14 years ago

Bloomingirl I'd think I'd like to try some of those butterfly orchid seeds.
    Thanks,
    Susan

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

Lin... I will bring those seeds. I think I would like some of your winter honeysuckle.

Susan, I will bring your seeds as well.

• mommyfox
    14 years ago

Hello, I am here, though a bit late. Life and all that. I will have to spend some time going through all the haves and wants and such - just not up for it right now!

What I've Got:
    salvia (mealy cup sage)
    limelight artemisia
    regular silver artemisia
    butter and eggs wildflowers (asian toadflax - invasive but tough)
    grape hyacinth
    random irises running wild in the yard in great herds, like the bison of the Old West
    Pots, mostly gallon sized
    Will probably have other random perennials, but heck if I can think of them right now.

What I Might Have:
    Light blue/purple passion flower (it's not up yet)
    Dark blue columbine (only trading for something pretty cool that I don't have)
    Asian jasmine and liriope, but I'm only digging up that stuff if someone asks for it.

What I Want:
    Edible things
    Herbs
    Mints (the chickens ate all mine. They have now been exiled from the veg garden.)
    Shade things
    Purple, blue, pink perennials
    Rain lilies
    A pony

On a note that is only slightly related, do any of you gardening folk raise fiber animals? Because I recently started spinning yarn, and I would so trade plants for fiber! Long shot, but I figured hey, it's worth mentioning.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Heather, there's a winter honeysuckle with your name on it :) I love these at this time of year....

Thanks!
    Lin

• beauswatch
    14 years ago

I have bad news.. I will not be able to make it to the swap. Personal reasons that are out of my control.

This is so disappointing. I was hoping to make some new friends and pick up a few plants along the way.

I am so sorry! I had some great trades lined up, too!

Joyce

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Joyce, I'm so sorry that you can't make it to the swap;
    is there someone in your area who can pick up your trades & bring back the ones you're to receive?

& we have an autumn swap, too.

momfox, I was just getting ready to send out a search party!

I'll bring mints for sure, chocolate mint, spearmint, apple mint, lemon mint, maybe peppermint, although it hasn't stuck its head out of the dirt yet, & I planted about a zillion lettuces which are sprouting; if they make it to the transplant stage, I'll bring you some of those.

The dark blue columbine sounds glorious, but I don't know what I have that would be a fair trade;
    I don't have any actual rain lilies, but I do have some schoolhouse lilies, soft red amaryllids that bloom in the autumn after their foliage dies back.

Also have hyacinthoides hispanica, Spanish bluebells, glorious, beautiful blue things that come up & bloom in the spring & disappear til next spring.

They like bright shade or semi-shade-
    mine like their spot on the northeast side of a deciduous tree.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Sorry, Joyce - we'll miss you at the swap. I hope all is well with you and yours...

• barefoot_in_texas
    14 years ago

Sylvia - I would love spanish bluebells if you have extra.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I'll bring 'em, Brenda!

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Here's what I have so far:

Haves:
    Tall White Yarrow (gets 3-4' tall)
    Pink Flowering Jade (rooted cuttings)
    Painted Terra Cotta Pots (these are original paintings on terra cotta pots painted with my own little sweaty hands, all with floral themes)
    Orange Day Lilies(ya seen one ya seen em all)
    Elephant Garlic cloves(you could flavor your spaghetti sauce with just the aroma from one of these bad boys)
    Seed starting flats/trays (Gently used of course)

For:
    Phyllis-Jade for a bit of your blue sedum, por favor?
    Randi-I'm sorry that Dreamweaver Rose was budding out and then it just died dead as a hammer.
    Lin-Painted Pots-I know we did make a trade for these, I just thought you'd like them, you've given me so many nice things the past couple of years.
    Barefootie-Elephant Garlic Cloves(wards off vampire elephants-ya don't want one of them biting your neck)

Cheryl

• seamommy
    14 years ago

OOPs, Lin, I meant to say we didn't make a trade for the pots, I just thought you'd like them. Cheryl

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

They sound lovely, Cheryl, and I'll cherish your artwork!

But you know I'd love to unload on you, I mean give something to you in trade :) Just LMK what you're looking for (sun/shade, or even indoor plants) and I'll poke around and find something that might tickle your fancy.

Mark Harmon stays with me though (I think I just found the name for my next boy puppy :)

• serenitymoon
    14 years ago

Hi, just checking in to see what is available. I will see what I have that people might want and post in a few days.
    Though it doesn't look like I have that much different to offer from last year.
    Sylvia, if you still have a bit of the spanish bluebells, I would love to trade for them.

• serenitymoon
    14 years ago

Sylvia, in the catagory of other, I have some handmade soaps if you are interested.

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

serenity, I'll pot up some more bluebells!
    Handmade soap sounds wunnerful, as long as it isn't eucalyptus.
    Lavender, oatmeal, almond, vanilla,shea butter or some such?

My cousin used to make soaps, & she had one called something like ocean rain or ocean mist; it was exquisite!

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Mommyfox, did you hatch out a bunch of baby chicks this year? I bought 15 chicks and I had only one adult hen left from my flock of old ladies. So I tried putting 9 of the chicks with her and she adopted them right away. A few days later I tried to put the rest of them under her and she rejected them. Then three of those (Ameraucanas) chicks were attacked and killed by the hen and I think one of them was the roo. So this long sad story is to ask if by any chance you have a roo that you could part with? I would like to have another Ameraucana for the colored eggs, but any roo will do, since I really just want more chicks to build up my flock again. I only have four Ameraucanas left, 8 of the older chicks are Buff Orphingtons and one of them must be something else since she's all white. Cheryl

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

wonder if she rejected them because she was "protecting" the ones she'd adopted already?

maybe you could dump a whole schoolroom of 'em on her all at once & she'd never know the difference.

• sfmathews
    14 years ago

More Haves:
    Terra Cotta Yarrow (more pinkish than orange)
    Bog Sage
    Fireworks Solidago (Golden Rod)

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Yeah, that's what I should have done, but it's too late now. Once these chicks are up and start roosting at night instead of sitting under her wings she won't be as aggressive towards the others anymore. I'd like to order another buch of chicks for her to raise then and bring the flock up to about 30. All she has to do it lay one egg and start to set and then I'll swoop in during the night and slip the chicks underneath her in the nest box. She wakes up in the morning and voila! new kids, and she goes into mother hen mode for the next 12 weeks.

But hey, where is Julie anyway? I'm all broke up about losing those Ameraucanas, but not absolutely certain that I've lost my roo. I would still be in the market for another roo chick or even a big roo if she has one to spare. Cheryl

• tejas_ruthie
    14 years ago

Hi! Hoping to come this year! I need to reconfirm:
    1) is this still @ Trinity park? Trinity Park is big so is it in a certain part of Trinity Park?
    2) does this still start around 10am?

Will be bringing some friends so I want to have all my facts straight....

Thank you in advance
    Ruthie

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Hi Susan (sfmathews) -

I would love some of your solidago - is there anything on my list you would want?

Lin (barkingdogwoods)

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Ruthie, it's now in a pavilion in the park in front of the Zoo.

From I-30, go *south* on University & turn left at Colonial toward the zoo.

Follow the road into a curving area, & when you see the ballfields on your right, take the next (immediate) right into the parking lot.

The pavilion will be right in front of you.

seems like we claim to start at 10, but there will be people there earlier & people who arrive later.

You might look over the other Ft Worth Swap threads;
    I know there's one that starts "It's Official!" that explains a lot of things, & a separate one for the Door Prizes.

look forward to seeing you there!

• mommyfox
    14 years ago

Seamommy, I have about 80 eggs in the incubator right now. They're due to hatch April 1st, so they're sure to be goofy chickens. Though is there really any other kind? :-D The vast majority are "random chickens," a mix of all kinds of birds; their genetic coup will include cochin, silkie, turken, ameraucana, barred rock, leghorn, brown chicken, black chicken, white chicken - you get the point! I do have 10 green eggs that are a cross between Ameraucanas and Wyandottes. I'm interested in seeing what comes from them - but you know what they say about counting your chickens before they hatch. I would be happy to bring you some chicks.

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Julie, when those green eggs hatch put a red dot on those chicks backs so you can tell them apart from all the others. Do you know how to sex them yet? What do you want in trade for a few of them? How big is your pen that you have room for 80 chicks? Where do you live? I gotta come see your set-up. Cheryl

• sfmathews
    14 years ago

Lin, do you have any extra rooted fig cuttings?

Susan

• sylviatexas1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

just talked to an old gardening friend who can't make it to the swap, but he'll send irises via me in exchange for

jalapeno pepper plants
    probably other kinds of peppers
    & slicing tomato plants (rather than cherry or salad tomatoes)

Since I'll have boucoups of extra stuff, I'll be happy to bring you something in exchange for peppers & tomatoes for him.

Thanks!

(He has acreage, will be able to use lots of garden plants)

• mommyfox
    14 years ago

Cheryl,
    I have room for 80 chicks because they go really fast! Last time it took me 4 days to sell through 77 chicks. It's very basic - the incubator and a couple of brooders made from cardboard boxes. The green-egged chicks I will definitely be putting a dot on! Thanks for the tip. I'm going to sell those for $5 a piece; the last time I had some green-eggers, I had a LOT of people interested. This time, I'll be keeping most of them. But if you want a few chicks from the brown eggs, you're welcome to them. Another GardenWeb member very kindly gave me the incubator for free, so I'll consider this a GardenWeb pay-it-forward.

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Susan, I have a rooted fig cutting that was going to be Joyce's, but she isn't able to make the swap so it will be yours. (I'll check it tomorrow to make sure it handled the snow okay...)

• sfmathews
    14 years ago

Sounds good Lin. Although I hate taking someone else's 'want'!

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

It's okay, Susan - fig trees are easy to start; I can do another for Joyce for the next swap.

• element321
    14 years ago

Update.

Haves:
    I did some spring cleaning and I came across some wooden Trellis scrap. These vary in size from small to medium size (need an SUV to haul away). If interested contact me via email for a trade. Some of these I can carry to the swap. but the larger ones you will have to pick up.

NOIDs: cuttings are from cuttings taken from Carrie few season back I think. Colors range from lite pinks, whites, and peaches.

I do have several NOIDs that may have survived our cold weather from last winter. Each one was cut back to the ground before first frost and look like they may have survied. I will dig these up for trade for something special. All brug cuttings will be cuttings without a Y's and may not bloom this year.

Adora (not sure if this is the right name) Brug cuttings.

Wants:
    Indoor house plants. Low light to medium light conditions. Sweet heart plants, pathos, and other types of indoor plants

Named Brugs
    Dr Seuss Brug
    Daturas
    Honey Suckles
    Passion Vine
    Shrimp Plant red or yellow
    Candel Stick plant
    Succulents
    Sedums
    Milk and Wine Lily Crinum zeylanicum
    Turk's caps
    Esperanza also know as Yellow Bells, Hardy Yellow Trumpet, Trumpet-flower, Yellow Elder
    Texas Star Hibiscus
    Hardy Hibiscus

Please send me an email if interested in a trade...

• bloomingirl
    14 years ago

element...I posted to your earlier post that I would like an adora brug. Please check my posts, I have a few that list my haves and see what you might would be interested in for a trade.

Thanks!

• Lin barkingdogwoods
    14 years ago

Is anyone interested in any elderberries? I have some that I'm pulling up from my front/side yard and can stick in a bucket so they stay alive till the swap. I don't have pots large enough for them, nor soil enough to fill the pots, but they do well going from ground to buckets to ground.

Just LMK if you want some ... their flowers are really pretty as a backdrop, and if you don't mess with the berries the birds will thank you..

• element321
    14 years ago

Barkingdogwoods I'm interested in the elderberries. I would love to get some.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services