Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Seeds of chinese pistache and/or silver maple?

Posted by roselee z8 SW Texas (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 13, 12 at 16:24

I have a friend with lots of land that wants to grow a few chinese pistache & silver maple trees. If you have seeds to either of these let me know and we'll see if we can come up with some seeds you might want in trade, or can pay postage.

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Seeds of chinese pistache and/or silver maple?

Roselee, give me a few days and I will check to see if my pistache has mature seeds. Will get back with you.

o
Additional info

Roselee, I went out today and checked both of my female Chinese pistache trees, and there is not a seed to be found on either of them. Wonder if the birds have already eaten them or if they need to be harvested before they freeze? I have never had one germinate anywhere around these two (they are in different locations) so don't know if the seed are even viable. Anyone out there with more knowledge about them, please chime in.

o

Carrie, thanks for being willing to check on them. I found where seeds of both trees were offered on eBay so she'll probably go with those.

o

It brought up something for me to check on next season though. I had never thought of harvesting the seeds.

o

I live NW of Denton (Texas) and have literally hundreds of little Silver Maple trees sringing up all over my yard in various sizes, anyone that wants them are welcome to come, bring your shovel and plenty of trash bags to put them in. You're welcomed to come get as many as you can haul. Weekends are best for me, Sundays would be better...just email me and we'll set up a time and date.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here