Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reeselayne

WANTED: North Texas Area Swaps

reeselayne
15 years ago

Several years ago I went to a plant swap in the Lewisville area. I was wondering if that swap still occurs or if there are any other swaps in the Plano/Richardson areas. I live in Fannin County and would love to attend another swap. I have 30 acres with tons of plants I can dig up and would love to swap for some new things. Thanks!

Comments (8)

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

Hi there, There's a swap at Trinity park in Ft. Worth in April and I think someone is planing on one in Mesquite,but we would love to have you come to the one in Ft. Worth. It was my first swap last fall and it was very nice to meet all the friendly people associated with it.

• reeselayne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much for the info... I guess I will keep my eyes on this forum to see if anyone else posts other swaps. I could probably make it out to the one in Ft. Worth if I bring the rest of the family. That would be quite a drive but I bet it would be fun!

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

It is fun and the whole family would enjoy. you will see a lot info. going on in this forum in the next month so stay tuned.

• Deb Chickenmom
    15 years ago

The Ft.Worth swap last fall was my first and it was terrific. Everyone was so friendly and I really learned a lot and connected with people who are growing plants in the same conditions with the same problems. Lots of great advice and help. It is in a nice park and kids and dogs were having fun; it was great.

• mvherrera
    15 years ago

Hi all,

I'm new to the gardening forum and have begun to interact with several other gardeners. I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to when and if there is going to be a plant swap this spring and the what types of plants I should bring to trade. I have several varities and want to be sure I'm bringing something that is not considered "ordinary" or "common."

• sylviatexas1
    15 years ago

Hi! mvherrera!

A whole bunch of us get together every spring & fall for a swap at Trinity Park in Ft Worth;
    I'll be posting the "when" info on a separate thread soon (as soon as I can locate a calendar...)

Bring *anything* you have in excess;
    I my own self always bring a bunch of mauve pink 4 o'clocks & so far I've always managed to find them new homes!

We also work out "pre-trades", where we agree in advance to trade something specific for something specific...

for instance, you & I might agree that I'll trade you 40 or so 4 o'clocks for a rose, roses being a particular weakness of mine.

Anything garden-related is okay to trade;
    we've had people bring garden books, pots, decorative items, aprons, etc.

• Sowth Efrikan
    15 years ago

Yes! Someone reasonably close to me at last. I'm in Hopkins and would be happy to meet somewhere like Commerce, which is halfway. Reeselayne, LMK what you think.

• reeselayne
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I would be game for that since I can't make it to FtWorth... I am still bummed about that. Will let ya know when I get back in town

Sponsored