Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Dallas/ Ft Worth swaps

Posted by princealbert 8 Belton TX (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 14, 10 at 23:48

Has anyone made any plans for or set up a swap in either place?
pa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Calling Brenda: Ft Worth swap date?

We always have a Ft Worth Swap in autumn & in spring, but we haven't set the date yet.

The Spring Swap is usually early to mid-April, depending on what else is going on in the area (if there's a charity walk at the Zoo or big hoo-hah at the pavilion near the Zoo, we wouldn't be able to find parking!)

Brenda makes the reservations for the pavilion-
she's famous at the Parks offices!

Brenda, have you had any thoughts as to the date yet?

o
RE: WANTED: Dallas/ Ft Worth swaps

Nope. I'll call my buddy at parks tomorrow morning and set dates are/are not available. Will let you know, then we can decide.

o

Yay!

Other people in other places might "know" that spring is on the way when they see robins or when the snow melts or some such, but *I* know spring is on the way when Brenda starts bugging the FW Parks Dept!

Yay!

o

Yep - the guy's name is Eddie and when I call I just tell him it's the crazy plant swappers and he knows right away who it is.

o

There are bound to be enough of us in the Dallas area to have a swap. I've been to one in Louisiana before and it was so worth every minute! I'd be willing to dig up lots of stuff to share. Anybody good at organizing???

o

lynnmariep86,

I believe that "barefoot_in_texas" already has this by the tail. See her posts above.
I certainly am up for it. The swap not the organizing,
I live south of Waco and have no idea on what the processes are up there.

pa

o

This deserves its own thread, so I'll go post a new topic!

o
Hey, Barefoot Brenda...

any news about the park?

kin we start bragging 'bout our plants yet?

huh, kin we, huh???

o

Pavilion #6 at Forest Park is now oficially reserved for April 10, 2010, 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

o

Calloway's Nursery is hosting a Plant Swap in Plano and Fort Worth on April 3rd. The swaps take place from 9 am until 11 am at the following locations:
Fort Worth: Calloways 2651 S. Hulen St. TX 76109. 817-923-9979
Plano - Calloways: 1000 Preston Rd., Plano, TX 75093. 972-964-3084

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant Swap

o

Sylvia:

One friend of mine says that she knows spring is here when her cat starts bringing live sacrifices of bunnies to her backdoor.

~ freshair

o

Ewwwwwww!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here