Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
janet_w

WANTED: Mercer Spring Plant Swap 2009

janet_w
15 years ago

Hope to see everyone at the plant swap May 9th.

Comments (11)

• phyllisb2008
    15 years ago

where is mercer?

• janet_w
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Phyllis
    Here is the info.
    The address for Mercer Arboretum is
    22306 Aldine Westfield Rd
    Humble TX 77338
    Directions
    Go I-45 and take the 69 exit. If you are going north on 45, you will be going east on Cypresswood, and continue until you get to Aldine Westfield. At Aldine Westfield, you will take a right, and Mercer will be a few miles down on the left. We will be meeting on the Right side of the road, in the picnic areas. It will be on the right. I'll be there by 9:00. We are hoping to meet between 9:30 and 10:00.
    If coming from the south, southwest or west, you will probably take IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road, going north. It may be necessary that you take Loop 610 or the Beltway to get to either IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road. In any event, go north on either IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road, and exit at FM 1960. Turn right (or East) on F.M. 1960. Very shortly you will see Aldine Westfield Rd. which crosses 1960. Turn left (or north) on Aldine Westfield. It is approximately 1.2 miles from F.M. 1960 to the location of the Park, which is more or less directly across the street from Mercer Arboretum. There is a sign at the entrance to the Park, which will be on the left side of the street.

• allen_gw
    15 years ago

I will be there looking for fruit trees Allen

• castro_gardener
    15 years ago

Janet,

is Mercer the Houston swap ? A good friend of mine always goes, and I was curious, how large a group is usually there ?

Thank you,
    patty

• janet_w
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Patty,
    Jennifer is the host for the Mercer swap she puts it on every year. I'm sure she'll be posting soon. If i'm not mistaken Houston Plant swap is part of that now. Someone else may be able to tell you more about that. It's usually a good size crowd maybe around 100 or so that goes to the spring swap at Mercer. Alot of great people, plants and food.
    Janet

• Jennifer Wolford
    15 years ago

HI!

Janet, Thanks for posting... haven't been on here... 2 kids kind of limit my free time..lol! I will post on swap now:)

Jennifer

• janetg57
    15 years ago

If I don't have anything to trade, can I come see, meet and buy?

Janet

• janet_w
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Hi Janet,
    Jennifer said she would be posting updates soon. But yes you are welcome to come and join the fun. It's free there's nothing to buy.
    Hope this helps.
    Janet

• Jennifer Wolford
    15 years ago

Hi,

Everyone is welcome... even if you dont have anything to swap, come on out anyway and join the fun! See ya there!

Jennifer

• beachplant
    15 years ago

Bring a dish and come join us. No buying or selling is allowed. We always have an orphan pile.
    Tally HO!

• playinginthadirt
    14 years ago

I'm bringing :
    Mexican Flame
    Passion Flower
    Sedums (yellow)&(purple)
    Mother of Thousands
    Kolanchoe (red)
    Widelia
    Sago Palm
    Aloe Vera
    Bromeliad (red flower)
    Kimberly Queen Fern
    Angel Trumpet (yellow)&(blush)
    Coral Vine (pink) maybe some (white) too
    Cactus (not sure what kind)
    and more !
    I also have Goldfish that look like Koi for the pond,I will only bring if someone requests.
    I look forward to meeting everyone !

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH