Return to the Texas Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Mercer Spring Plant Swap 2009

Posted by janet_w TX 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 22, 09 at 0:13

Hope to see everyone at the plant swap May 9th.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Mercer Spring Plant Swap 2009

where is mercer?

o

Hi Phyllis
Here is the info.
The address for Mercer Arboretum is
22306 Aldine Westfield Rd
Humble TX 77338
Directions
Go I-45 and take the 69 exit. If you are going north on 45, you will be going east on Cypresswood, and continue until you get to Aldine Westfield. At Aldine Westfield, you will take a right, and Mercer will be a few miles down on the left. We will be meeting on the Right side of the road, in the picnic areas. It will be on the right. I'll be there by 9:00. We are hoping to meet between 9:30 and 10:00.
If coming from the south, southwest or west, you will probably take IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road, going north. It may be necessary that you take Loop 610 or the Beltway to get to either IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road. In any event, go north on either IH-45 or the Hardy Toll Road, and exit at FM 1960. Turn right (or East) on F.M. 1960. Very shortly you will see Aldine Westfield Rd. which crosses 1960. Turn left (or north) on Aldine Westfield. It is approximately 1.2 miles from F.M. 1960 to the location of the Park, which is more or less directly across the street from Mercer Arboretum. There is a sign at the entrance to the Park, which will be on the left side of the street.

o

• Posted by allen 8-b Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Feb 25, 09 at 16:52

I will be there looking for fruit trees Allen

o

Janet,

is Mercer the Houston swap ? A good friend of mine always goes, and I was curious, how large a group is usually there ?

Thank you,
patty

o

Hi Patty,
Jennifer is the host for the Mercer swap she puts it on every year. I'm sure she'll be posting soon. If i'm not mistaken Houston Plant swap is part of that now. Someone else may be able to tell you more about that. It's usually a good size crowd maybe around 100 or so that goes to the spring swap at Mercer. Alot of great people, plants and food.
Janet

o

HI!

Janet, Thanks for posting... haven't been on here... 2 kids kind of limit my free time..lol! I will post on swap now:)

Jennifer

o

If I don't have anything to trade, can I come see, meet and buy?

Janet

o

Hi Janet,
Jennifer said she would be posting updates soon. But yes you are welcome to come and join the fun. It's free there's nothing to buy.
Hope this helps.
Janet

o

Hi,

Everyone is welcome... even if you dont have anything to swap, come on out anyway and join the fun! See ya there!

Jennifer

o

Bring a dish and come join us. No buying or selling is allowed. We always have an orphan pile.
Tally HO!

o

I'm bringing :
Mexican Flame
Passion Flower
Sedums (yellow)&(purple)
Mother of Thousands
Kolanchoe (red)
Widelia
Sago Palm
Aloe Vera
Bromeliad (red flower)
Kimberly Queen Fern
Angel Trumpet (yellow)&(blush)
Coral Vine (pink) maybe some (white) too
Cactus (not sure what kind)
and more !
I also have Goldfish that look like Koi for the pond,I will only bring if someone requests.
I look forward to meeting everyone !

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Please Note: Only registered members from Texas are able to post messages here (this may be indicated by the title of the forum. All exchanges not indicated otherwise are restricted to those living in the U.S.)

If you are a member from an area mentioned above, please log in.

Return to the Texas Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here