HAVE: San Antonio Spring swap

plantmaven
13 years ago

Post wants and haves here.

Comments (150)

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Shirley I would love the brugmansia cuttings. I promise you will like the Siam original, I think its beautiful. Tonya, I will save you an oregano, I had to cut them way back, since they were so full, now they look skimpy, but I think the will get full again before the swap. Linda Collins got the oregano I cut off, she had 14 guest at her house during spring break last week. I bet she is one tried lady this week. I wish she could come to the swap, but they are getting ready for their Rockport Herb fest. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Barbra, the Flores house eater rose cuttings didn't take. I still have a house ;-)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Joey - I have plenty of Red Flowering Yucca. I'd love to have you take some home, please.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

If anyone wants to see pictures of the Flores St. house eater rose go to the link below, look on the left for "Information", click on "Found Roses", and then click on "Flores St. House Eater".

We can all gather round and Barbra can tell us about her adventures in collecting cuttings of this rose at the swap.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peaceful Habitations Rose Gardens ...

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Roselee, I am the most famous rose rustler on this forum. I took cuttings from the FSE and stuck them in the ground, looks like they rooted. I will bring them to the swap. It's the oldest rose in the state of Texas, I think it will be one of your favorites. When I first got the rose, I wanted to get rid of it, and contaced the owner of the Antique Rose Emporium, he really wanted it, in fact after I talked to him, I decided I would keep it. Barbra

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    13 years ago

Looking forward to the swap. I have some wooden tressils, small bonsai crepe myrtle, seeds, and other nick knacks. I was hoping to get a mini-banana tree if anyone has any.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Gardeners Index Homepage

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Pat! I can't help on the banana. Do you want any white or purple iris, Indigo spires salvia or NOID columbines?

Kathy

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Anyone want some of this yarrow?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Does anyone have blue/purple porter weed to share???

I bought some in a gal. container late last year and it didn't survive in the overwintering house; maybe because it was hidden and didn't get watered enough.

There are several porter weeds and among them, the one I had, Stachytarpheta urticifolia, is considered invasive in some situations, but is a good butterfly nector plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Porter weed

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Does anyone have a division or root sprout of Japanese aralia???

It would be much appreciated if you do.

If anyone wants any "chocolate plant" Pseuderanthemum alatum, they are coming up now and I can dig some.

To see what it looks like go here >>> http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week224.shtml

Here is a link that might be useful: Fatsia japonica - Japanese Aralia

• nbtonya
    13 years ago

Barbra I would love one of those house eaters if you have an extra!

Kathy, that yarrow looks pretty too, pretty please!

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Tonya, sure.

• tect_one
    13 years ago

Would anyone happen to have 3 truely huge aloe vera, preferably yellow bloomers? Mine did not make it. I have babies but would like to have the large ones back now for that garden. I could trade white bird of paradise.

• tect_one
    13 years ago

Does anyone have red spider lilies to share?

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Tect, do you mean Lycoris radiata? If so I have a few and can bring you a start.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lycoris radiata

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Tonya, I went to put the house eater cuttings in pots, noticed they have small buds. Sacraficed one plant to check the roots, and it did not have roots, but I think, with new leaves and buds, they are almost there. I will bring them for you and Roselee.
    Also, Roselee I would love to have a couple of the chocolate plants, mine did not come back. I just got back from the coast, and did not dig up the dill, since no one wanted any. I did bring back a few asian lilies, they have small bulb. I brought some for Patty, and brought a couple extra. Barbra

• phoenix7801
    13 years ago

Okie doke so this is my trading/receiving list that Im aware of so far:

From Ragna-winter honeysuckle, eutin rose starts and larkspur
    To Ragna-2 8gal pots and Baby Rita cactus pads

From Patty-Texas Craglily and bee balm
    To Patty- Baby Rita cactus pads

From Tonya-bee balm black-eyed susan and giant rainlily
    To Tonya-? I didnt know if there was anything on my list that you would appreciate. Let me know.

From Shirley- Red Yucca
    To Shirley- Did you see anything on my list you would like?

I still have these still available:
    various size pots from 4 inch to 3-5 gallons
    Selenicereus cuttings
    2 small iris fans (from a few that kathy gave me last year and are actually about to bloom)
    Giant elephant ear bulbs(From a mature clump that had 3x4 foot leaves)
    Salvia Farinacea cv. Evolution-2 4 inch pots.
    Cactus soil
    Annnd maybe if the seeds come up...Ghost chile seedlings. They showed promise and I'll have to see

• leapingfroglady Valdez
    13 years ago

I have a crepe myrtle bonsai in porcelean pot, couple of small wooden trellises, succulents, passion vine plants, and seeds.
    I am looking for ground cover FERNS. I don't need the hanging kind. I'm trying to fill a shady spot. Shade plants of any kind would work, too.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Gardener's Index Webpage

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

leapingfroglady, if your passion vine is anything other than the common purple invasive one I want to trade for it. I lost my red one, and blue and white one. I love this plant, but the purple one even comes up in my grass, so I do not need that one. Barbra

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Shirley, is your angel wing begonia, rooted, if so, I would really like one. I am not good at rooting stuff. I checked and today will be potting up bouncing betty, blue plumbago, and oxalia. Barbra

• meriberi
    13 years ago

Anyone have some sweet autumn clematis to share? I thought I got some from someone last year (Tonya maybe?), but it just bloomed and looks like passionvine (which I love, so no complaints)! I probably got mixed up when planting, so the passionvine I thought I killed must've been the SAC. LOL!

Let me know if you have any sweet autumn clematis to share! See y'all on Saturday!

(here's the vine - doesn't have those big leaves the caterpillars love, but the flower sure says passionvine to me)

Here is a link that might be useful: vine: mistaken identity

• meriberi
    13 years ago

I think I'm going to have some extra seedlings of cilantro and italian flat-leafed parsley as well, so I'll bring those.

My roses are starting their spring show; the first 3 pics at this link are 3 of the ones I've offered for cuttings if anyone's interested (ignore the other rose pics; those are from France, so can't bring you those!):

Here is a link that might be useful: Duchesse de Brabant, Archduke Charles, and Souv. de la Malmaison

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Barbra - I do have a small rooted Begonia for you. Usually have bigger ones, but this year was hard on them with more clouds than sun in the laundry room window. They are "can't miss" rooters though. Just snap and push them into the soil in the same pot. In fact you have to keep doing that because the stems get too woody otherwise. You got the Flores St. rose to root when I couldn't so you must be pretty good at rooting. I potted up the two pink Brug cuttings for you two weeks ago and they haven't perked up yet, still have hope for Sat. I'm waiting to make the white brug cuttings since the branches are still so green.

Joey - I'd love a giant elephant ear.

Meredith - Can you save a flat leaf parsley seedling for me please?

• meriberi
    13 years ago

rock_oak_deer,
    I'll bring you some parsley in addition to the MAC and MAM cuttings. So glad to have something to swap - I hate being a leech! ;)

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Meri, that is a clematis, just not SAC. Really pretty.

Kathy

• linda_tx8
    13 years ago

Meri, if you want SAC, I have PLENTY! Would be glad to bring one!

• castro_gardener
    13 years ago

If Joey runs out of elephant ears, I have some I can bring. They have been in the greenhouse all winter. Just email me soon so I can find them.

patty

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

I am getting excited about the plant swap. I just love getting together with folks, who love plants as much I do. Barbra

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Meredith, oh no, definitely not! I enjoy having something to share.

Look forward to seeing you at the swap.

Shirley

• meriberi
    13 years ago

Linda,
    I would love some SAC! Thank you!

• nbtonya
    13 years ago

Joey, can you set aside some cactus soil for me and I'll look through your pots and maybe take some of those, too.

Linda, Ithink I'd like to try some SAC, too, if
    you have enough.

Thanks guys!

Tonya

• linda_tx8
    13 years ago

Tonya, I just potted one up. If it's okay by then I'll bring it!

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Don't forget to bring things for the drawing. It's nice if everyone can go home with something decorative or useful, something besides plants. It can be anything garden related, some brought books and magazines last year, and it doesn't have to be new.

• linda_tx8
    13 years ago

tect_one, sorry not to have replied earlier...did not see that! Yes, I can bring you a Red Spider Lily.

• tect_one
    13 years ago

thank you Linda - Vivian

• castro_gardener
    13 years ago

Found two castor beans -- does anyone want one ?

also finding some violets. Please email me directly if you want either of these. I will be digging them up the day before and probably bringing them bare root.

patty

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Patty, I'll take the castor beans, they keep moles away. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

Does anybody want cuttings of the curly (corkscrew) willow tree? It can make a tree, but so far I'm keeping mine in a large pot with a large deep saucer where it's a very graceful shrub. They root easily.

Also can supply Uncle Nap's honey fig, or dwarf black fig cuttings. The latter stays small and has very tasty black figs which I eat off the bush.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Roselee are the figs hard to root? If you think I can root one in Rockport, I would like a cutting, my husband loves figs. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    13 years ago

I've found them easy to root, but remember now that it's best to root them in late winter. Some people keep them in the fridge for a few weeks and then root them. So scratch the fig cutting offer. I'll try to root some next winter for you Barbra, and anyone else who wants them.

Did anyone get the fig cuttings to root that I passed around before?

• sgtlovesbella
    13 years ago

Hi all, can't wait to see all of you. As promised I'm making a cake for us to enjoy. Does anyone have plastic forks and paper plates they can spare that they can bring?

Ragna, can u bring the fig cuttings? They r easily rootted in a bog garden. I have Celeste and Texas Everbearing if you would like rooted cuttings of them?

• honeybunny2 Fox
    12 years ago

I'll bring small plates for the cake. Barbra

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Okay, I'll bring some fig cuttings. Thank for the offer, but I have three figs trees which is all I have room for.

Does anyone have seeds or small plants of the little vine LOVE IN A PUFF? If you do I'd like to get it going again. Reworked the beds it was in so thoroughly it didn't come back this year.

BTW, I found some four inch pots of PORTERWEED at ARE so don't need those. Hopefully, I'll have some to share next year.

See you all about this time tomorrow :-) MacArthur Park opens at 9:00.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

I haven't confirmed it with anyone, but hope somebody brings PASSION VINE so I'll have some for the Gulf frit butterflies.

Shirley, I'd like to try the WHITE SKULLCAP if still available.

Marin, I have some little spoons on hand for the cake.

• roselee z8b S.W. Texas
    12 years ago

Joey, is your Mom coming? If not tell her "Hi" for us!

• phoenix7801
    12 years ago

no...she's going to be in corpus with my aunt. In the meantime im glad your gonna bring the fig cuttings.

• plantmaven
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have the white coming up like fleas. If I get time, I will pull more if you want.
    I will be gone until about 8:00 tonight.

• nbtonya
    12 years ago

Ragna, if you have any left over, I would love a cutting from Uncle Naps. I have a couple passiflora foetida, wooly passion vine. I don't know if that variety is liked by the gulf frits. I'll save one for you.

• tect_one
    12 years ago

I will not be there until closer to 12. Had to arrange transport as grandson is working and using my truck ;-(

Vivian

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Ragna - I am bringing extra White Skullcap so I'll have one for you.

Would love a cutting of the black Fig. So funny, we were out running errands today and one of the items on the list was the small black Fig which I did not find at RG. Your Uncle Nap's Honey Fig is doing great, two of them rooted and are about to outgrow the 3 gal pots. I know this is late so may have to wait for some other time.

Sponsored
HEMAX Construction Services & Landscaping, LLC
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars34 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Landscape Contractors Servicing VA