Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
blessedintexas

WANTED: Question about Trees & Trades

blessedintexas
16 years ago

Hey everyone!

I'm so glad to be on here.....look forward to all the info & insight.

I was wondering, can you make tree cuttings & if so can you trade them?

We just moved here so have no seeds or plants yet (well, haven't explored woods yet either! lol)

But was wondering about the trees.

Yall have a blessed day in the Lord!

Vikki

Tx.

Comments (3)

• tina_2
    16 years ago

Hi Vikki - Welcome to the Gardenwebs Forums. I think, you could get lots of information at the Tree Forum. Just click on the Garden Forums and scroll down to the t area. You should, find every type of Forum you may need.
    Goodluck - tina_2

• alley
    16 years ago

I would love trees, so I'm sure you could trade them. I got a couple in October.

• Xtal in Central TX, zone 8b
    16 years ago

Hi Vikki,

I just dug up some saplings underneath a very old "Brown Turkey" fig tree. They are now sitting in pots awaiting whatever plans occur for them. This would be a good time to do cuttings. It's also a very good time to do rose cuttings, too. Mine are showing signs of life. I'd say you'd probably have better luck if you were to get them rooted. A good way to get them started is in a large pot of sand, about 2" apart. You can see which ones make it an which ones don't. Also saves potting up some that might not make it. Of course, all those pots take up more space.

I say go for it. I betcha someone would love to do some sapling trades with you.

Xtal

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH