Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
carousel9906

WANTED: Anyone in the Lake Jackson / Brazoria area?

Jennifer Wolford
16 years ago

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone is from this area. I am new to the area and am looking for other plant lovers in the area to let me in on the secrets of where to find neat plants, what does well here, etc...

Comments (12)

• weldontx
    16 years ago

Jennifer, my son and dau-in-law live on the west side of
    Lake Jackson. She is a real plant lover!! If you will send me your e-mail address, I'll get her in touch with you.

Weldon

• pepa
    16 years ago

Hi Jennifer I live in Angleton, and I attend the Galveston plant swap. I have a large collection of plants you can find pics of my garden at http://s201.photobucket.com/albums/aa320/Pepa40_2007/

• Jennifer Wolford
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi,

I am not far from Angleton... will check out your pics...:)

Jennifer

• beachplant
    16 years ago

Come to the Galveston County or the Fort Bend swaps, or both. Neither is too far from you & you'll have a blast.
    Tally HO!

• dragonfli
    15 years ago

Ok a little late by Im in Angleton if your still looking for info or plants email me.

• wally_1936
    15 years ago

Angleton has a Master Gardner Sale every year. Check with the Extention Service in Angleton. They have a office in the Armory also check Your Local Paper they also have a few garden clubs that meet weekly if I remember right. They gave the Library those day lilies in the front. Turn on 740 AM on saturday or Sunday around 8AM Also there are sales of native plants up in Houston at least once each year. You can get on their list to notified.

• pepa
    15 years ago

My plants took a beating with Ike but didn't loose any. I go to the master gardners spring plant sale every year. They have a lot of hard to find plants.

• surfbreeze
    15 years ago

I didn't do too badly with Ike though my banana trees came out pretty ragged. I love attending the Tropical Treasures Plant sale annually which originally the first several years was held in Galveston and the last few years has been held in Texas City.

• pepa
    15 years ago

I havent heard of Tropical Treasures Plant sale. Tell me more about it, please.

• brandyctodd
    11 years ago

Hello,
    I know this thread is old but I just found it. I live smack in the middle of Lake Jackson. I have only been on this site for a few months and I'm having the time of my life with the seed exchange forum. I'm very glad to have found it. I find my plant treasures at Lowe's. I love to get their marked down plants and nurture them back to health.

• lmyers59
    11 years ago

I also just found this thread and this forum.... I live in Pearland - any information on plant swaps nearby would be awesome!! Oh dear, I can already tell this is going to be another obsession (I've been on the Garden Junk forum for several years).....

• marcie_new
    11 years ago

Well guys nice to see gardeners around Angleton and Lake Jackson, I usually come to Surfside once or twice a year, we normally eat breakfast in Freeport, but this year I might not be able to go but if I do maybe we can meet somewhere in Lake Jackson and just visit about plants? Thganks for reading Marcie

Sponsored